Will there be a Drake campaign?

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tuahaa

Will there be a Drake campaign?

Post by tuahaa »

I know, I know, and no, I don't want to get flamed for this

Just out of curiosity- are there any plans? The some of the few drake campaigns in addons are good. I wonder if there is a way to polish them so they can go main line.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: Will there be a Drake campaign?

Post by zookeeper »

There's one new drake campaign in the works, intended to go mainline sometime during the 1.9 cycle.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Yes, it will be called "Wings of Victory".
fabi on the Writer's Forum wrote:Esr and my humble self are working on a drake campaign with the preliminary working name "Wings of Victory" that shall fill the lack of mainline drake campaigns some day.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

SkyOne has avoided advertising his campaign so I'll do it a bit for him. ;)
His Drake campaign Brave Wings probably still needs wml polishing but story-wise it's complete and suitable for mainline, and it seems to be quite popular, too. It would need to be made more independant story-wise from his other campaign.
Is Flight to Freedom's story complete ?
The third Drake campaign I know of is also nice, Children of Dragons in 1.4 days. Looks like it's in need of a new maintainer...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
tuahaa

Post by tuahaa »

Awesome! I liked Brave Wings (but I'm very far from finished). I also played Flight for Freedom. The creator obviously put a lot of effort into it but it needs a lot of polishing and is a bit to RPG-ish (but fun none the less).

Thanks guys
Nova

Post by Nova »

I've taken over Flight to Freedom from MadMax, and I hope to have a 're-launch' ready by the time 1.8 goes live. I've been working busily for the last month or so fine-tuning it -- the next release will be the most complete and polished it's ever been. There's new dialog, a little re-balancing, a new playable hero character, and the story sections are finally finished all the way to the end.

I know it's been gone from the download servers for quite a while, but look for it again soon. It'll be like the return of an old friend. But improved. Like maybe he went to detox or something, and shaved off that ridiculous beard. Why couldn't you always have been this good to us?

Oops. I'm projecting again. Ignore that last part, please.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
Nova

Post by Nova »

I'm proud to announce that Flight to Freedom, in its glorious new version, was uploaded to the add-on server today.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer