A Gryphon's Tale (BfW1.8)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Re: A Gryphon's Tale (BfW1.8)

Post by Anonymissimus »

PhotonX wrote:Anyone managed the last scenario (leveling up a zolpha)? I've played this on easy and besides of the last scenario it was ok, but the last one is really hard. :/
Thanks for playing through. I haven't played that scenario myself. Ringcaat has written a lot inside the scenario file on how to achieve the objectives. In case you find something that looks like a bug, let me know...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
PhotonX

Post by PhotonX »

Yep, I've read his tips but still it's really tricky. I still haven't managed it yet...
nemoyatpeace

Post by nemoyatpeace »

I just played through on normal difficulty. I was able to upgrade a zolpha by simply setting an intelligent zolpha on the corner in the west and drawing all my men and elves into the same corner so they kept attacking him. Was difficult though.

I actually was able to upgrade one on an earlier mission as well. I think it was the one that they were fighting for an orcish command.

I'm sad to find out no one is working on developing this anymore, but am unable to do it myself.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

nemoyatpeace wrote:I'm sad to find out no one is working on developing this anymore, but am unable to do it myself.
Not long ago it has been almost forgotten on the 1.0 add-ons server. If you like this campaign, you could start by updating the maps - the existing ones only use 1.0 terrain and you don't need to know anything about wml for that. The wml of this campaign is also relatively simple compared to most other ones, so it could be a start if you've played wesnoth for quite some time now and want to try making your own stuff...
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

This campaign is officially abandoned again. I have uploaded the latest files to the 1.8 server, they are working as far as I know. They are all files that the wesnoth community knows of (there seem to have been at least one additional scenario, but it got lost, maybe at the time the 1.1 add-ons server was restarted) I've deleted all files related to A Gryphon's Tale from my computer then, hence I won't be tempted to edit them. Feature requests and bug reports will not be worked on, although I suppose there should be very little bugs. If someone wants the passphrase, write here or pm me. In case that I don't respond: Any add-ons server admin is allowed to delete the existing passphrase and make a new one for the new maintainer (in case this campaign gets a new maintainer as long as BfW 1.8 is still the most recent version...) I've added a short overview for the campaign to the abandoned campaigns thread.
projects (BfW 1.12):
Abulafia

Post by Abulafia »

Yojimbo252 wrote: 03_Canyon_Race has way too much dialogue and I lost interest about half way through. The problem is if you miss the clue then you've got no chance of winning.
Hello :) ,I've just landed here for one question: Which is that clue I'm missing? :roll:
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

[acronym=]IIRC[/acronym] there is a position where you must move a unit to to create a barrier in the canyon to stop the other racers. Look at the code...
projects (BfW 1.12):
Abulafia

Post by Abulafia »

Anonymissimus wrote:[acronym=]IIRC[/acronym] there is a position where you must move a unit to to create a barrier in the canyon to stop the other racers. Look at the code...
:? I beg your pardon!? Sorry, which code do you mean? :oops:
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

The cfg file defining the scenario. When I want to know something about some campaign I can look there. This of course requires you to look a bit at how and where it's organized and a bit at wml but not much. Look for a moveto event with a terrain tag (I'm guessing). I'm not going to download the campaign again and find it out since I do no longer support it, as I said above.
projects (BfW 1.12):
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

Ah the canyon mission.

I beat it as a heads-up race and wondered what the dialog was talking about.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
Abulafia

Post by Abulafia »

Could anybody please specify where to recruit the zolpha and where send it? I can't catch the trick :D
Feufochmar

Post by Feufochmar »

In the scenario in which you must level-up a zolpha ? They are in the woods at the north west of the map.
masterofmind

Post by masterofmind »

Like it!
Abulafia

Post by Abulafia »

Could anybody please specify where to recruit the zolpha and where send it? I can't catch the trick :D
Feufochmar wrote:In the scenario in which you must level-up a zolpha ? They are in the woods at the north west of the map.

No ,it's in the race, I can't find the trick to win using the zolpha. The timing fails, I can't see when & where to recruit it and then send it to where?? :roll:
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

grrr
okay, judging from the code you need to move Zebby (no other zolpha) to 38,8 to create cave wall at 39,7
projects (BfW 1.12):