Humor Campaign: Talentless Mage (1.14)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Chewan

Re: Humor Campaign: Talentless Mage (1.12)

Post by Chewan »

Humor? A funny and quick campaign? Just what I needed to lift my BfW-mood.
Yep, this epic tutorial for advanced players is fun – but no picnic! :P

Alright, I'm against a default music playlist (tracks almost never match the action), and the two power-crazed mage adepts do without moving in key moments of their final quarrel, but on the whole, thanks, I had a great time playing noobs!

That now 'ultra-evil' old chap surely didn't stop to carp at the author about a sequel,
sad to say he has not been heeded and probably passed away in the meantime – not peacefully, I'd say … :D
(StandYourGround's idea to promote him to Dark Inept sounded promising at the time)
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

Sorry, I don't read the forums often these days. Thanks for playing my campaign. Default music playlist was kinda lazy solution tbh. Also music has changed lot from 1.6 to 1.12

Also responded to your pm.
Campaigns that I have created (now updated to 1.14):
Bitter Revenge, The Dark Alliance, Battle Against Time, Talentless Mage
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

Hello, I just uploaded new version (1.1.3) of Talentless Mage to campaign server. This incluses German translation by Chewan and also some various minor fixes.
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

A few things here. None of these prepare it for 1.14 yet.
  • I suggest that the Taxman and the Beautiful Fish recruit different troops. That will encourage the Taxman to buy more land troops.
  • Interlude 1 shouldn't save a replay because it is only a cutscene.
  • Sword Noob shouldn't be offered the AMLA for a crossbow which he doesn't yet have.
The Taxman scenario is the farthest I've gotten, so I haven't noticed any other oversights or possible improvements.

Code: Select all

diff -r changeschanges/Talentless_Mage/scenarios/02_Taxman.cfg "changeschanges/Talentless_Mage new/scenarios/02_Taxman.cfg"
71c71
<         recruit=Spearman, Bowman, Merman Fighter, Merman Hunter, Cavalryman
---
>         recruit="Spearman","Bowman","Cavalryman"
76c76
<         name= _ "Beatiful Fish"
---
>         name= _ "Beautiful Fish"
85c85
<         recruit=Merman Fighter, Merman Hunter, Mermaid Initiate
---
>         recruit="Merman Fighter","Merman Hunter","Mermaid Initiate"

diff -r changeschanges/Talentless_Mage/scenarios/Interlude1.cfg "changeschanges/Talentless_Mage new/scenarios/Interlude1.cfg"
132a133
>             replay_save=no

diff -r changeschanges/Talentless_Mage/utils/amla.cfg "changeschanges/Talentless_Mage new/utils/amla.cfg"
109a110
>         require_amla="CROSSBOW"
Wonderboy

Post by Wonderboy »

Hi, people still play this campaign?

Sure, I can implement all that and maybe update it to 1.14 if I have time. What changes to WML have hapened since 1.12?
Can-ned_Food

Post by Can-ned_Food »

Many. I only know a few of them, but there are a few which were in deprecation for 1.13 and which are no longer supported in 1.14. Macros, mostly: {MAGENTA_IS_THE_TEAM_COLOR}, for example. Some things were renamed, but 1.14 yet has support for the old versions for now IIRC.

I think most of the important changes are in the changelog. I'd need to look at the whole thing to see what I recognize.
dwarftough

Post by dwarftough »

Wonderboy wrote: August 22nd, 2018, 9:12 am Hi, people still play this campaign?
I've just finished this campaign and like it very much! The best collection of all cliches of the whole Wesnoth! Laughed a lot in every scenario! Great work
Co-founder and current maintainer of IsarFoundation, Afterlife Rated and overall Wesnoth Autohost Project
Developer and maintainer of my fork of World Conquest, Invincibles Conquest II
Wonderboy

Re: Humor Campaign: Talentless Mage (1.14)

Post by Wonderboy »

Yeah, the campaign is funny, silly and stupid. I have played it like 20 times and I still laugh at my old jokes lol. :lol:
egallager

Post by egallager »

Does anyone have any plans to port this to 1.16 at all?
Atreides
Location: On the 2nd story of the centre village of Merwuerdigliebe turning the lights on and off

Post by Atreides »

Hey, just started this and I notice that the beatiful typo was not fixed. Just came to find out if it was a joke I didn't get or just a typo. Typo I guess.

I would have tried this sooner because I love humour but it was called "hard" and I suck hard at campaigns. ;- ) I almost lost it too in S1 when the Big Bad Orc hit one of my mages to within a few hps. Just came out of nowhere and wham. Was being careful too. Oh and that's the easiest level. Had I not chosen the 5 hp amla...

Oh and make this another request to port (although I have 12/14/16 & 17 installed so I guess I'm actually fine hehe). Just thinking of others who may only have 16.