The Sojournings of Grog (3.6.1 is out)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tr0ll

Re: The Sojournings of Grog (3.0 on its way)

Post by tr0ll »

there is terrain advantage and then there is home terrain advantage, which may or may not be that ;)
pros: ambushes, availability of reinforcements, healing
cons: bored/complacent guards, infighting, inhabitants may be friendly to strangers or hungry for news or trade

im not against Elyssa picking up a new spell if it fits the campaign, but i wonder if the scenario has exhausted the possibilities for balancing without it. i suppose at this point you dont want to rewrite so the spell is easiest way to go. :)
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

tr0ll wrote: i suppose at this point you dont want to rewrite so the spell is easiest way to go. :)
In past, I already tried to rework it once. Let's say that me and Eros decided to revert to the old map. :P
Current maintainer of these add-ons, all on 1.16:
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Finally tried the new version of "The Long Way home". On Hard, with just the initial Dust Devil, my main challenges were not knowing what to expect (since I'm not familiar with the Kalifate) and bad luck. On lower difficulties it might be a good idea to put an oasis or two in the north part of the map, but apart from that I think it's fine as it is now.

By the way, anyone else see a graphical glitch with one of the Elder Falcons near the end of the replay (specifically the Falcon that's in the hills and attacks another unit in the hills)?
Attachments
TSoG-The_Long_Way_Home_replay.gz
(28.35 KiB) Downloaded 242 times
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

shadowblack wrote:On Hard, with just the initial Dust Devil, my main challenges were not knowing what to expect (since I'm not familiar with the Kalifate) and bad luck.
That is why Elyssa can summon more than one Dust Devil.
shadowblack wrote:On lower difficulties it might be a good idea to put an oasis or two in the north part of the map, but apart from that I think it's fine as it is now.
Thank you, I will certainly do this correction. :)
The Sojournings of Grog, Children of Dragons, A Rough Life, Wesnoth Lua Pack, The White Troll (co-author)
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Imo 2nd scenario is fine on medium, Kalifa stupidly focused my dust devils and like third of them was sitting IN the lake doing nothing basically (taking a bath maybe?) I remember similar attitude of bandits in an ooooold version. (when author was still working on it I think)
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Kewltist wrote:like third of them was sitting IN the lake doing nothing basically
Spoiler:
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

*BUG* 8)
start the campaign > cl to A6 > end turn > the AIs don't recruit and lots of action_result::AI_ACTION_FAILURE are in stderr. trunk r49753
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

:augh: Please see my latest comment at https://gna.org/bugs/index.php?18160 . I'm encountering the same bug in all campaigns. :twisted:
boru

Post by boru »

I noticed a bug caused by the use of the <i> tag inside your campaign credits. This causes a problem displaying the credits for the entire Wesnoth game inside the help screen. If you click on Contributors inside the help screen, you get a WML error message instead of the credits. Removing <i> tags inside your campaign credits will fix this (unless you have other add-ons installed which use pango markup in their credits too). This seems to be only in the development branch, at least I haven't encountered it in 1.8.
“It is written in my life-blood, such as that is, thick or thin; and I can no other.” - J.R.R. Tolkien

My campaign: Swamplings - Four centuries before the founding of Wesnoth, the first wolf rider emerges from a tribe of lowly swamp goblins.
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Thanks, fixed and uploaded. :wink: I didn't bumped the version number because it is a too small change to justify this, and there weren't yet other changes.
tr0ll

Post by tr0ll »

if you dont bump the number, you will have confusion among people whether it was the first edition of that version or the second edition. so i suggest increment the least significant digit or add a 3rd digit if there isnt one - if nothing else it makes progress look faster when digits roll up continuously :D
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Well, now I got a reason to bump the version number. 2.10.16 is on the 1.9 server :mrgreen: . This time, I removed two deprecated macros and three no longer useful Lua tags. I also experimentally replaced the message that allows picking the holy water in the Prologue with a custom Lua dialog. Do you prefer the new dialog, or should I revert to the old one?
I also prepared a text file containing all the dialogues that Daravel didn't yet reviewed, so he don't need to play all the scenarios to rewrite them. Here it is.
Dialogues_for_Daravel.txt
(20.75 KiB) Downloaded 243 times
kaskade

Post by kaskade »

Hi Elvish Hunter, i found a bug in Th Sojournings of Grog: After finishing scenario "Those Sand Strewn Beaches" the message "Illegal tile in map: (Cdr) 'Cdr' The map cannot be loaded".
I'm playing on Wesnoth 1.9.3 (Debian Wheezy).
Elvish_Hunter

Post by Elvish_Hunter »

Not a bug: a feature. I'm using a terrain (Ruined Desert Castle) that wasn't yet available in 1.9.3. You may want to update your version, since 1.9.7 is out...
professor_max

Post by professor_max »

Hello, just one problem, when the Elves disembark off the ship in scenario 2, some of them get places completely surrounded with Deep water. I can't use them then :annoyed:

Then I got to the feature kaskade found, and so I had to stop. Do you have the old map without the ruined desert castle?

SoG 2.10.16, BfW 1.9.3

'Professor Max'
Please excuse my bad English - my first language is BASIC.

Proud to be a citizen of Nowhereisland.