The Cats Paw

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

ydcl

Re: The Cats Paw

Post by ydcl »

There is an invalid key, for end level. It seems a wml pb. Sorry I can't copy the error msg
Voidsword

Post by Voidsword »

It might just be because 1.9.12 is a development release, and the problem is with the game itself, or that the endlevel tag has been modified in that version.
Stop modifying the Fire Dragon graphic.
Seriously. We like consistency. And attack animations.
ydcl

Post by ydcl »

ok thanks
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

I just loaded this campaign for the first time, and received an error message almost immediately:

An error due to possibly invalid WML occurred. The error message is:
Invalid value in the result key for [end_level]

When reporting the bug please include the following error message:
Condition 'result.empty()||result=="victory"||result=="defeat" failed
at src\game_events.cpp:2399 in function 'wml_func_endlevel'.

Extra development information:
result='continue'.

Is this campaign still being supported? If so, I am using the most recent stable version of Wesnoth,
and running it on Windows XP.
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Woodruff wrote:I just loaded this campaign for the first time, and received an error message almost immediately:

An error due to possibly invalid WML occurred. The error message is:
Invalid value in the result key for [end_level]

When reporting the bug please include the following error message:
Condition 'result.empty()||result=="victory"||result=="defeat" failed
at src\game_events.cpp:2399 in function 'wml_func_endlevel'.

Extra development information:
result='continue'.

Is this campaign still being supported? If so, I am using the most recent stable version of Wesnoth,
and running it on Windows XP.
So I guess...no longer being supported?
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

Well, the developer has been in hiatus for a bit, but I think he'll get back to it eventually. You're running 1.10.6, correct?
Woodruff

Post by Woodruff »

Insinuator wrote:Well, the developer has been in hiatus for a bit, but I think he'll get back to it eventually. You're running 1.10.6, correct?
1.10.5 actually, although this is the only campaign where I've seen this problem. Why do you believe this is a version problem rather than otherwise?
Insinuator

Post by Insinuator »

I make no assumptions as to what the problem is. But I tested it on 1.9.x versions without that error, so it is a start.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Yeah, the endlevel=continue is not supported any more, most UMC authors would have already stopped using it. If you change the 'continue' to 'victory' in the endlevel tags then you'll be able to continue running this campaign.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

A little tip for "ex-[endlevel] result=continue": http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 26#p393926
This change has been going as well even on 1.11.x.:)
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
tbaker

Post by tbaker »

Just wanting to find out if anybody is still maintaining this campaign. I like the initial concept of guards leaving service during Queen Ash's terrible reign and I was already becoming interested in making my own campaign. While I wait for a reply, I'm going to do some work (or just fiddle around with code :D ) until I get an answer (or not).

OK. So I was playing through the campaign and updating some invalid WML messages and a couple of changes that were necessary for the maps. The story-line and dialogue are a little on the "campy" side and it takes a strange twist. I might just use the desertion from Asheviere's army idea and build a campaign on that. Probably read some Wesnoth history because I prefer campaigns a little more serious. But that's just my preference not disparaging this work.
Zarkussell

Post by Zarkussell »

I tried to play the campaign today, and there is a bug on the very first scenario, so you can't even start playing..
Attachments
image.png