1.12 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess (& Northern Forces)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

sur.nhm

Re: 1.8 SP Campaign, Fate of a Princess

Post by sur.nhm »

lukal wrote:I meant that it will attack the unit I right click on but not the units around it. The in game description is clear
No, I think you're wrong and it is SkyOne's bad English - I think he meant 'multi-hex' to mean 'you can attack units that are more than one hex away'.
I'm not really around any more, but you can find me in TvTropes.
lukal

Post by lukal »

Ok, i get it now
Thanks
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

sur.nhm wrote:it is SkyOne's bad English - I think he meant 'multi-hex' to mean 'you can attack units that are more than one hex away'.
Yeah, that is correct, and thanks, but you don't really have to repeat what I said about my English on the top of the page...

By the way, I uploaded Version 0.7.8 on the server. It is all about scenario Dragon Cave (+ Jil's unit description that had not been completed).

Now, the path opens even any units step on the rune before taking the key.
mich's new macro is installed to make statues of Armageddon Drakes.
Drakes are still able to be flying around/in Dragon's chamber, and he doesn't show for drakes, but I made a reason why the Dragon ignores drakes on Falci-Nyess's dialogue.
The map has been modified in Dragon's chamber.
Also, adjusting Vlady's memo and fixing the "undo" in the game.

New scenarios that fill up the transition between the part 1 and 2 are not installed on this edition because they are still under construction. Hopefully, they will be on the next edition, but I am not sure, yet.

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
lukal

Post by lukal »

In the dragon cave scenario the grammar for the falmming sword is incorrect. It should be "this sword burns, not this sword burn".
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

I haven't looked at the FoaP campaign code for many months now, but it will be getting a thorough dialogue revision Wed-Fri of the coming week, I hope. If not, in the next 2-3 weeks. I will be generating a large batch of corrections and rewordings then. If anyone notices any typos, misleading or contradictory information in the parts that have been rewritten from SkyOne's original text, those would be particularly helpful. SkyOne's bits - we know they need attention. :-) I am already aware of a few cases where campaign changes have rendered my dialogue out-of-date. If you want to help, 'edge cases' - such as doing things in the 'wrong' order, killing the 'wrong people' - are the best places to look. Thx.

shishijj99

Post by shishijj99 »

good,keep going,,
Battlecruiser_Venca

Post by Battlecruiser_Venca »

It seems that the dragon cave is bugged as the scenario ends with a too early win this trigges also if I attack the merman leader with Hawlcyn
Attachments
Foap-Dragon_Cave_záznam.gz
replay
(62.32 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

Hi Battlecruiser_Venca, thanks for the report, but unfortunately I have some problems looking at your replay (wesnoth says that it's corrupt, it started with some lua errors and ends with a wesnoth crash). Can you please try to explain a little better what happens and how to reproduce it? What version of FoaP are you using?
I will play the scenario now.

Edit: ok, problem founded, no more info needed. I will try to fix it now.

Edit 2: a fixed scenario is attached. Thanks for the report.
Attachments
18_Dragon_Cave.cfg
(33.03 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Ooow, totally sorry about the bug. It is from my care-less mistake. (missing x=28 in the moveto event in the filter)
Thank you for fixing it, mich.
Also, thanks for reporting it, Battlecruiser_Venca.

To players:
Until a fixed version (will be on the server shortly) is ready, please use the file that mich attached.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

EDIT on Sep, 15

The bug fixed version, 0.7.9, went to the server. This is hopefully the final version with 25 scenarios.
-Fixing the bug that reported above
-Fixing a bug on Ameck's unit file
-Fixing image bugs for Ishlars level=3 (magenta parts)

Also,
-reducing 10 golds for side=2, adding 10 incomes each for side=3, 4, and 5 only on the EASY difficulty of Zluld's Last Stand scenario
-touching up Dragon Cave scenario/map
-changing the red part to the magenta on Adherent and Noble Avenger unit
-updating the shadows for Ishlars unit and Human Commander

Thanks
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

Couple of bugs I noticed in passing. Logging them here before I forget them again...

When Merllow and Shoko first appear (in their first battle scenarios, I mean), they have bronze circlets (meaning 'loyal but killable') rather than the silver crowns they ought to have.

Some units - often goblins, may have the wrong sound effects. I think they may be making dying-sounds when they're only wounded. This might be intentional; maybe they're just wimps :-)

I have been working through all the campaign dialogue, and I hope I might have a full set of corrections and refinements completed by the end of tomorrow. With luck that will include the new 'middle' scenarios too.

I do have some other suggestions for coding refinements as well, but these can wait until after the dialogues are fully up to scratch.

SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

Simons Mith wrote:When Merllow and Shoko first appear (in their first battle scenarios, I mean), they have bronze circlets (meaning 'loyal but killable') rather than the silver crowns they ought to have.
Yes. Merllow is the same as the HERO status, so he should be a HERO, but Shoko is killable after scenario Eisheim. She needs to speak with Princess Ameck when the party meets her. After that, there are not any reasons leaving her as a HERO although Turuk (in the campaign) is sad if it happens.:smile: (oh, wait! it might be a good idea that is to reduce something on him when it happens.)
Simons Mith wrote:I have been working through all the campaign dialogue, and I hope I might have a full set of corrections and refinements completed by the end of tomorrow. With luck that will include the new 'middle' scenarios too.
I am glad that you are ready, Dialogue Director.:smile: I know how quick you can write.

But you don't have to hope it, yet. In a couple of hours, I will send you the latest edition (29 scenarios version) that I have added a few dialogue and [event]s since I sent you the Mid Part campaign, and I would like to discuss with you about some new set-ups before you get completed them. I have been thinking Jil to start with levle=1 since Part One gets longer. Also, the appearance of Dessen, Greenwood Blade, etc... I really appreciate your will though.:smile:
mich
Translator

Post by mich »

SkyOne wrote:
Simons Mith wrote:When Merllow and Shoko first appear (in their first battle scenarios, I mean), they have bronze circlets (meaning 'loyal but killable') rather than the silver crowns they ought to have.
Yes. Merllow is the same as the HERO status, so he should be a HERO, but Shoko is killable after scenario Eisheim. She needs to speak with Princess Ameck when the party meets her. After that, there are not any reasons leaving her as a HERO although Turuk (in the campaign) is sad if it happens.:smile: (oh, wait! it might be a good idea that is to reduce something on him when it happens.)
Well it's not a big problem changing the Shoko overlay after Eisheim. Consider this done (I will also fix Merlow overlay).
Kewltist

Post by Kewltist »

Hewwo. I'm at da Dragon Cave and was wonderin what unit may be able to pick up ze flaming sword in one of the eastern tunnelz? I think i've tried most of my unit types and don't really wunt to skip an item :C Wd appreciate some hints
Simons Mith

Post by Simons Mith »

OK, some hints: they'll need to be at least second level, and they'll need to be reasonably skilled in swordplay already.

Actually, this does highlight something that bugs me about the way Wesnoth handles its items. Not just in FoaP; you can't even pick up an item unless you can use it. Why can't someone pick up a sword, and then give it to someone else? The answer is that it's a extra level of coding complexity that very few campaigns bother with, but it's still annoying, and rather counter-intuitive. EDIT: OTOH, unfortunately, making fully-transferrable persistent items would require some kind of inventory management system for units, and this would generally be deemed un-KISS. So you can't really win either way :-(

xand

Post by xand »

Help! Regarding the "Fate of a Princess" scenario, right after "Striking Back", am I missing something? I've been trying to find a way to defeat these hordes of Undead with my Band of Nine and never manage to get past the bottleneck at the lower right of the map, even thought there 60 turns available ... I've been banging my characters' heads against a (bone) wall for 5 weeks now :augh: ... even the smallest crumb of a hint would be welcome ... :eng: