This is the thread of a collaborated single player campaign, Fate of a Princess.
The campaign is two-part with 26-29 scenarios depending on the path chosen. Some scenarios are dialogue-only.
The campaign description from the main file:
Part I: Baldres, a notorious robber baron, flees Wesnoth with his followers and sets off into the northlands to evade the king’s justice. The baron’s deeds and misdeeds are to change the balance of power between orcs and non-orcs throughout the northlands, and will carry consequences long after his eventual death.
Part II: The Greenwood elves face a crisis which demands the return of the queen’s estranged half-elven half-sister, Baldres’ daughter. Two brave young elves must make a perilous journey to find her and bring her back to her former home. If they fail, the whole northlands will be engulfed in war with the resurgent orcs...
Through a story of a half-elven princess, this campaign also tells that humans move from Wesnoth to the Farnorth in the first time ever on the part-one and scenario 22b, The Battle at Prestim, during the Golden Age of Wesnoth (unofficially). The princess actually does not show in the game until the scenario Childhood, which is 10th-12th scenario of the campaign. And the dialogue on this campaign is PG-13, especially on part 1.
Among the Wesnoth timeline,
• 199YW: - this campaign begins
• 200YW: - a number of humans moves to farnorth area (first time ever). Those humans capture an orcish city, called Dorest
• 237YW: - Prestim is taken over by humans with Drakes and Saurians from orcs once
• 238YW: - this campaign ends
• around 350YW: - Orcs become more aggressive
• after that: - Saurians turn to the orc side
--possible to happen:
• around 393YW: - Prestim is taken over by orcs again
• around 409YW: - Queen Eämeral past away
• 416YW: - the humans leave from Dorest (some departs to new places to stay, a few hides in mountains, and the majority rides back to Wesnoth. Those people support Garard to seize the throne of Wesnoth.)
*the latest edition: 0.8.8 (no longer developed on BfW 1.8.x)
*required BfW version: 1.8.0 or later (except disappearance of orc's portraits the game is playable 1.7.13 or later, and the attack icons which are "warblade" and "warblade-red" for some drake units, the game is also playable on BfW 1.7.8 or later).
*the most suitable BfW version: 1.8.5 +.
*the game difficulty currently: a hard intermediate level.
On BfW 1.10.x:
*the latest edition: 0.9.24 (no-longer developing)
*required BfW version: 1.9.12 or later
Known Issues on 1.9.x ( and maybe, on 1.10.x):
- during the replay of scenario 25, an error message shows as "<Invalid WML found> [player], [player] not supported at scenario toplevel". It vanishes in the middle of the replay without a problem.
-The unit who has already taken the potion is unable to teleport sometimes on scenario 17, Mountain Path. --> changed the way to do on version 0.9.9
On BfW 1.11.x (1.12 server):
- the latest edition; 1.3.12 (updated on Jun, 25th 2014)
- required BfW version; 1.11.13 or later (probably fine on 1.11.11 or later)
Campaign Design: SkyOne
Co-Author: Simons Mith
Thanks to "Gna! Project" to provide us opportunities to create games. When I was young, even playing video games at home was impossible in my generation.
Thanks to Turuk and opensourcejunkie for helping me earlier.
Also, thanks to everyone who have helped me on the forums.
A single player campaign for BfW 1.6.x, Fate of a Princess, 23 scenarios, one-story, and two-part (first six scenario is part-one and remaining seventeen is part-two), is on the add-ons.
Campaign Design: SkyOne
Co-Design: mich (advanced WML, touching up maps, organizing scenarios, making the game fun and etc...)
Co-Author: Simons Mith (dialogues, naming, touching up story, unit descriptions, and etc...)
Also, Special Guest: Turuk
Ending Music: Journey's End by West
This is a collaborated campaign and playable all scenarios; however, this is still early release. So bugs are possible and some contents are not completed as well, like dialogues and art works. My English is still in the dialogues and some units need more or better animations. Those are all my parts, not co-workers's parts.
Because of the incredible work by mich, the coding is finished.
There are some contributions for users through the campaign:
WML: by mich (foap_chotic_unit_levelup, foap_resolve_stone_problem, and etc..)
Unit descriptions: by Simons Mith (most of foap units)
We would like to make the game improved; therefore, testing the game will be great appreciation at this moment.
The game is basically an elvish campaign at the far north of Wesnoth around the late second century to the early third century, but we made it for everyone, especially drake/saurian-funs.
The most of each scenario are not long (less than 20 turns) to enjoy the story, and some of them are just speaking.
Here are some of more summary/informations:
(1) The campaign is for a story of a half-elven princess, starting with before she is born at the late second century of Wesnoth. Because the pre-game storyline was too long, I have made decision to be divided by two parts. Also, the story includes that humans move from Wesnoth to the far north.
(2) The Part-2 is the main part of the campaign. I wrote the story seriously because many contents in the story indicate my life itself, so I will personally appreciate to read dialogues even English is not perfect, yet. However, the dialogues are rated PG-14.
(3) Turuk who is named honor of the Wesnoth Forum Emperor has been invited as a Hero in the game with his knowledge and permission.
(4) The idea of scenario 13, Hydra Cavern, is from "Hydra" of The War of the Dragon, and permitted by author, Velensk, to use.
(5) Scenario 18b is currently a bonus scenario, so choosing 18 is wise at the selection on the end of scenario 17.
(6) Many units are customized even though the most of them are slight change.
(7) Some names of cities or places are probably unclear currently, so here are some explanations:
There is the Green Forest on the "farnorth.png". We have replaced it to Greenwood.
At the beginning of the Part-2, the capital city is named Rowandel and another city, south of Rowandel, called Elengavion. However, in the middle of the campaign, each city is independent as the southern Greenwood and the northern Greenwood. So considering Rowandel as the capital of the northern Greenwood and Elengavion as the capital of the southern Greenwood is better to understand the story.
The city-name, Dorset, has been replaced as Dorest in purpose because it is existed in England.
(8) The leader of the game:
Part-1 (scenario 1 to 5): Baron Baldres (Human-dragoon, Foap unit)
Part-2 (scenario 6 to 21): Háwclyn (Elf-officer, Foap unit)
(scenario 18b): Falci-Nyess (Drake Lord)
P.S. We hope to enjoy playing until the ending, and please, listen to one of West's masterpieces, Journey's End as the ending music.