Campaign: An Ordinary Adventure

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

KKSlider

Re: Campaign: An Ordinary Adventure

Post by KKSlider »

Whohoo!! First reviewer! :lol2:

Well, of course it was intentional. I wanted to put a pace-change, in order to make more prudent the aggressive human player. But I'll scale down the levels, though.
I won't spoil you anything, but the 5th scenario is even worse. :mrgreen:

1000 thanks for considering my work. XD
"I love humanity, but I just can't stand people"

Current project(s): Campaign - An Ordinary Adventure
Sono Italiano, se servono traduzioni contattatemi (con calma, e in fila indiana XD).
docrock

Post by docrock »

well, i think i played pretty aggressively, the main problem i had was that during night i could not do any serious retaliation damage. i was thinking, if thugs are part of regular battalion, why not poachers? that might ease things a lot. best unit i had fielded was actually a cavalryman, be it day or night, lol, i put him next to that river and he killed of almost everything that approached him, finally even being close to becoming a lvl3, that mostly being due to the fact that for some reason unknown even the enemy poachers insisted on attacking him with melee while they were in the water. humm.
besides that, i've been lmao so far :lol2:
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

Ahah, glad you found it amusing. How was the story or the characters in your opinion? Any flaws so far?

Sono Italiano, se servono traduzioni contattatemi (con calma, e in fila indiana XD).
docrock

Post by docrock »

ah, story is good imho, the chars, just so clichee that it's nice to see, actually this was the first time that i found it really interesting what a loyalist had to say, i guess it's not too easy to make them appear funny and just normal people like, ehhhh, you and me, so to say
the elves appear like they have been smelling for too long at certain rare psychodelic flowers
the mage partner of our hero has just class, trying to be serious while at the same time sharing the madness of certain other fire mages we know from other campaigns
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

Muir's personality is inspired to the 8-Bit Theatre's Black Mage... kind of evil, but what's in common are his sarcasm and irony. Muir is, instead, both like a mentor to Sannoth and a bloody, vengeful magician, who's always on the good side, though.

Sannoth is the classic overconfident jovial fellow who acts like a child and as a noob, indeed. Kralex will play a part too in this story, no spoilers of course. XD

Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Before the first scenario:
Proove->prove

Scenario 1
red->read

Beyond that, I couldn't play too long into the first scenario. I am sure this might be a decent campaign gameplay-wise, but the dialogue sounds either normal and story-relevant, or like two noobs conversing on the server. I couldn't take the disparity for long. Still, I wish you the best with this campaign.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
KKSlider

Post by KKSlider »

I'll fix those typos, thanks for noticing those.

Version 0.1 will be released soon, along with a first IT translation.

Krellja

Post by Krellja »

KKSlider wrote: A preview of the campaign is already downloadable on the add-on server with the first four scenarios 100% working.
Hmmm, I did not find it on the server.

The only thing from KKSlider is a map pack.