Brent (0.1.7) – for 1.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

chrisroby

Re: Brent (0.1.4): now also on 1.7!

Post by chrisroby »

So... I played this game and I like it a lot, but for some reason some o the attack descriptions are messed up. For example the bobcat's attack says "dummy=STR_CLAWS". Im using brent 0.1.4 on wesnoth 1.6.3 and on 1.6.4 :D
Darkaros

Post by Darkaros »

In addition to the Bobcat attack being dummy=STR_CLAWS, the Water Sprites (All of the line) have dummy=STR_ENSNARE or something similar, as well as some other unit on the Faerie Battlefield... I think it was the Tidal thing's melee splash attack.

Also, I'm not sure if this is on purpose or not, but are the Water Sprite line supposed to not be able to move on anything except water terrain? I mean, I guess that makes sense if you don't want the allied leader to move, but there's a Water Sprite to the far right I think that is trapped between a bunch of forest that doesn't do anything.
melinath

Post by melinath »

The following bugs have now been fixed:
- water sprite line has water movetype instead of 'float'
- the dwarf quests also show up
- removed unit halos due to a bug in 1.7.2 that crashes because of unit halos.

I'm stopping support for 1.6 because I don't have time to maintain two versions and don't want to have to keep changing small things every time I transfer a file back and forth. If anyone wants to do the file transfers themselves, I can PM them the password and they can maintain the 1.6 version.

I haven't fixed the dummy=STR_CLAWS thing because it isn't a problem in 1.7.2 (on my computer) and I'm not going to maintain 1.6 any more. Unless there's some sort of huge outcry and it turns out people are only playing on 1.6...

I haven't fixed the "transformation to level 0 peasant" because I can't reproduce it. If anyone experiences this bug, please post a detailed description of what you did and a saved game.

Coming soon: The first dwarf quest being completable! Have fun!
hull19

Post by hull19 »

Hey melinath!

This mod seems really cool. But i cant find were to download it and id love to test it out for any bugs or problem.
Mind helping me out on this one? :)
melinath

Post by melinath »

It's available on the 1.7.2 add-on server.
hull19

Post by hull19 »

ahhhh! Found it!
Wow... very nice how u made this campaing....

Even if its not completed, im addicted to it :)
lotsofphil

Post by lotsofphil »

Some observations from my first time playing it:

* The Alden Forest map is really slow. I have a low-end machine (a netbook) but it takes a really long time for the computer to do its moves. Not sure what you can do, but thought you'd like to know.
* The bobcat doesn't show its experience bar (the overlay on the sprite). All the other monsters seem to.
* I only killed 4 forest beasts, night came, mother came and found me and it said "victory!" Is that right?
* This is fun. Good work.
Silverwind

Post by Silverwind »

I must say that I find this campaign very enjoyable.

However, there is one bug that could just be a product of the dwarven quest not being finished, but I am not sure.

Whenever I talk to the dwarven king, I accept the quest, and then my character disappears and I lose. I am not sure how to make it any clearer than that, my main character just vanishes. Pia is still there. Once I end my turn with my main char gone, when my next to rolls around, "You have been Defeated!" Anyway, I tried to get around this by on the same turn that my main vanished, I moved Pia to the next cavern. However, when I entered, I was a basic lvl 0 with no abilities, and Pia was gone. Thus, once again, when I ended my turn, lost. Very strange.

Anyway, it's a great campaign, keep it going!
Attachments
Brent-Hrafn_Kell-Auto-Save11.gz
This save should give you an idea of what is happening.
(22.82 KiB) Downloaded 270 times
Enchanteur

Post by Enchanteur »

Hi !

On the 1.6x, it work but I can't really play because the IA turns take ~30 seconds.
It's not very funny to stay here and only wait...
my computer have good memory and cpu and i was using the 1.6 version of brend.

I haven't tryed yet the 1.7 version, but i will do because it's seem funny (i just killed 4 rabbits before to stop)..
French Player. For now, I'm working on creation of abilitys and units with WML. My goal is to make an enhanced version of Elves, playable with standard campains. HERE : http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 58&start=0
pravin

Post by pravin »

Thank you for making such an innovative campaign!

How do I return Laeren Markner's bones to his family in Port Meiren?

When I visit Port Meiren, the guard says nobody is allowed in or out of the city.
A warrior may die a thousand deaths,
An empire dies but one.
melinath

Post by melinath »

Hey! Thanks for your interest in the campaign. I am still keeping it in mind, but my life is rather hectic atm. I may have some time over Thanksgiving to get a new update out... we shall see.

Port Meiran is not coded yet, which is why you can't go there. Another person here on the forums had volunteered to do it, so I was leaving it to them - but they weren't able to follow through. I've offered that quest line to another, more enthusiastic volunteer, so we'll see how that goes.
nemoyatpeace

Post by nemoyatpeace »

Here's hoping you can add some more over Thanksgiving, am enjoying what I've seen so far!
Mirion147

Post by Mirion147 »

I would just like to say that this is probably my most favorite UMC out there. And I'm looking forward to its completion (I'd help, but I have other matters to attend to first, like necroing my era..).

However, while I was playing, I made it to the dwarven caves and talked to the king, but when I went to the caverns there was nothing there, just a big open room. I'm assuming this hasn't been coded yet, but I just wanted to make sure.

Thanks for making an awesome campaign :)!
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!
melinath

Re: Brent (0.1.6)

Post by melinath »

Okay... so I still need to look at Silverwind's bug. The northern caverns are still empty, because I'm reworking a lot of my thinking and the arrangement of files.

For some reason, Brent was not available on the add-on server. This has been corrected with the latest version - but the changes are structural, not yet visible. More to come.

Mirion: I'm glad you like it! When you finish your era, I'd certainly welcome your help. There's infinite room for expansion. :-)

EDIT::
Happy Thanksgiving! I've posted a new version by virtue of the fact that I've added another hero: Brynne! Yes, she's basically a female clone of Brent (still needs artwork updates in places...) but this means that the interchangable hero system is working. User-made heroes are no longer a distant dream. :-)

EDIT EDIT::
Silverwind: I can't load your save file (versions are too different) but I can get past asking the king without any issues, so - if it crops up again, let me know.
Mirion147

Re: Brent (0.1.6)

Post by Mirion147 »

melinath wrote:Mirion: I'm glad you like it! When you finish your era, I'd certainly welcome your help. There's infinite room for expansion. :-)
Well, it's taken me two years to get two eras done, so I'm not sure how long it'll be between now and then, but maybe if you're still working on it, or we have some downtime, I'll see what I can do. Keep up the good work! :), and happy Thanksgiving!

God bless!
Take a look at the Era of the Future!
Current factions: The Welkin, The Brungar, and The Nordhris!
^This is old news lol but I don't care^
New news -> Up the River Bork Campaign!