Brent (0.1.7) – for 1.9

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

shadowblack

Re: Brent (0.1.7) – for 1.9

Post by shadowblack »

Well, in the newest version the Wolf Cub issue is no longer there.

There's another issue that bothers me, though. See how in the screenshot Brent has 12 experience, yet the quest says 4/5 beasts killed. If Brent killed 4 beasts he should have at least 16 XP (if he killed 4 level 0s), and if someone else killed the 4th beast, then it should not count towards Brent's kills...

Also, if I take the bones of the dead guy in the forest the task to bring them to port what's-it's-name does not show up as a quest. Is that because the city I'm supposed to bring them to is not yet available, or does it simply not count as a quest?
Attachments
Brent1.JPG
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
melinath

Post by melinath »

I've only recently set up the current quest system; a lot of the quests (the skeleton, dwarves, faerie battlefield, etc.) are still running on the same code as they were back on 1.8. I'm going to be bringing them in line as I have the time, and as I get to them, they will start to use the same quest display system as the Forest Beasts quest.

I'll look into dawn missing. That should not be the case.

@Scaeb - hmm. I'll have another look at the code. Really, what should be happening is that the time that you cycle between should depend on what time of day you enter the world map. i.e. time of day is supposed to be preserved across scenarios.
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Question: Brent can capture some of the village son the world map despite
Added lua to utterly disallow village capture by Brent.
Is that intentional?
Attachments
Brent.JPG
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
melinath

Post by melinath »

Hah. That is not intentional... I suspect it's because those villages have no owners, and I only tested on villages that had owners. I'll look into it. Thanks!
Porskin

Post by Porskin »

Shouldn't a deepwood ranger keep the ambush ability? I would think rangers are better in the woods.
Boldek

Post by Boldek »

I just downloaded it, and it was really fun, though I never found this captain who would lead me to the faerie battlefield. just killed everything, and never found him. I'm playing on the 1.8.5 server.
Guys I never thought I'd come back to this forum after 8 years this is wild
Scaeb

Post by Scaeb »

I can't manage to revoke the fairy for my reward :-( I she not yet programmed?
melinath

Post by melinath »

That's correct. Also, heads up that I probably won't be able to do any work on Brent this weekend, but I expect to have more free time during the summer.
TwilightSparkle

Post by TwilightSparkle »

I cant get the story progress after I helped the dwarves and im supposed to come back to the king in a fortnight. Does the story currently end there?

Good work with the mod altogether.

Edit. Never mind, seems like its the end for now.

Also, does playing as Brynne have anything different?
melinath

Post by melinath »

Yeah, it ends there for now. I'm currently focusing on rewriting a lot of the code that makes things happen, rather than writing new areas. Playing as Brynne - well, it's the same. In the dev version of Brent, she's actually been temporarily deactivated until I've finished updating Brent.
Sagez

Post by Sagez »

Brent was one of my favourite campaigns. It contained interesting concept, intuitive gameplay and multiple options of building up your hero... so I'd love to see it again on the addons list. For sure I would enjoy playing Brent once more.
Are you going to reupload this addon soon? It may be incomplete but still entertaining!

It's my first post there, so hello everybody :) and sorry for my bad english (if something in my comment is written incorrectly).
Eastern Europe at War Co-Creator viewtopic.php?f=19&t=34418
"Neptune has finally wed Venus - even Gods can't screw around forever." L-F Céline
Aslagon

Post by Aslagon »

I was playing the campaingn, when I discovered de bones quest. After ending the first quest of the fairy, I went to the port, but the guard said that the city was closed , so I waited some days but he keep saying that.
If anyone nows why plese tell me.
Thanks
Ceres
Forum Regular

Post by Ceres »

Because the campaign is unfinished. It's version 0.1.7 after all.