Gambits Empire Builder 3.0

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

13arrage

Re: Gambits Empire Builder 3.0

Post by 13arrage »

Eh, how would that work with WML though?

Gambit, I'm trying to make and code my own 200x200 GEB map on 1.7., and I suddenly feel sympathy to whoever made the current one. You, I suppose? But I have to keep going, the Gang is tired of the other one, which we've played half a dozen games and god knows how much time on. Next step is ripping off your portal coding and then adding AI barbarians. Then trying to figure out an event to make all portals stop working on turn five. Which should be simple enough.
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Guilty. :P

If you go to userdata/Gambits_Empore_Builder/multiscen/template.cfg You will find macros for placing portals.

Code: Select all

#define NORMAL_TELEPORTER X Y
[item]
	x={X}
	y={Y}
	halo="halo/elven/ice-halo1.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo2.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo3.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo4.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo5.png:100,halo/elven/ice-

halo6.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo7.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo8.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo9.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo8.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo7.png:100,halo/elven/ice-

halo6.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo5.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo4.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo3.png:100,halo/elven/ice-halo3.png:100" 
	[/item]
[terrain]
x={X}
y={Y}
terrain="Wwf"
[/terrain]
#enddef

#define TELEPORTER_OPTION NAME X Y
[option]
message="{NAME} {X},{Y}
[command]
[teleport]
[filter]
x,y=$x1,$y1
[/filter]
x={X}
y={Y}
[/teleport]
[/command]
[/option]
#enddef
Placing the above at the begining of the scenario will allow you to place teleporters later on in your scenario. Example of that below:

Code: Select all

[event]
name=start
#########You can start editing here (places images with NORMAL_TELEPORTER)

{NORMAL_TELEPORTER 5 6}
{NORMAL_TELEPORTER 99 20}

#########Stop
[set_menu_item]
id=tele
description=_ "Teleport"
[show_if]
[have_unit]
side=$side_number
x,y=$x1,$y1
[filter_location]
terrain="Wwf"
[/filter_location]
[/have_unit]
[/show_if]

[command]
[message]
speaker=narrator
message="Where to?"
###########You can start editing here (Places the actual teleporters with TELEPORTER_OPTION)

{TELEPORTER_OPTION "Cheeseland" 5 6}
{TELEPORTER_OPTION "Your mom" 99 20}

###########Stop
[/message]
[/command]
[/set_menu_item]
[/event]
Every teleporter needs a {NORMAL_TELEPORTER} (each one needs an x and y coord) up top and a {TELEPORTER_OPTION} (each one needs a name, an x coord, and a y coord) inside of the message. I never made a template for "shielded" teleporters. All this code will be revamped in GEB 4 (Summer after 1.8 ). Players will [hopefully] be able to build their own. But only one per side unfortunatly.

And in GEB 5 (The summer after 1.10) players will be able to build their own with pretty much unlimited freedom thanks to the absolute rediculously amazing incredibleness of the [tunnel] tag which sadly could not make it in time for 1.8.

Also by GEB 4 I hope to have everything completely "macroed" and bug free.

Honestly though I have so many things I'd like to do this summer... and GEB is low on the list. Dynamica takes top priority. Prototype by September or else!
13arrage

Post by 13arrage »

I think I've got it, thanks. I'm tinkering with only making the teleports one way from the starting location, however, to make for more realistic expansion/reinforcements. I'm tinkering. Admittedly I'm mostly butchering what you've already got, but I'm doing basically the same thing anyway.

Will you wait for GEB 4 to convert it to the 1.7./1.8 server or will you convert 3.0 like it is?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

GEB 4.0 will be the 1.8 conversion (a minor thing really). With 4.1+ being new changes and what not. Though most changes will be refinements rather than completely new things.
raleeha

Post by raleeha »

Hi. i want to know why icant play GEB at a single player game ?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Can you be more specific as to the problem you're having?
raleeha

Post by raleeha »

i tried to play a wesnoth single player geb game in offline mod but i couldnt do anything with my peasants. usually an rightclick to them shows an taskmenu of working methods. but in this case there was no option. im not sure how was the name of the single player geb game. im so sorry for my bad english and hoping to understand something
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

I apologize. The single player mode is broken and will be removed in the next release. I will try to work on one player scenarios designed for local play.
Rhish had offered to work on the single player this summer. I've not heard from him recently, so I don't know if that offer will still stand when summer arrives.

In the meantime there is a fix for the single player which I have mentioned several times throughout the thread.
Currently unreleased patch for the single player.
wesfreak

Post by wesfreak »

A few glitches i found: 1.In a hut you can recruit a peasant for 3 gold, when it says in the description that you can use a mage to recruit one at 1 extra gold, so shouldn't it be 9? 2. You can't do anything in sand dunes or oasis, not even clear it. 3. when in water there isn't an option to fish, but there is supposed to be according to the help description. Also, what is the lunker?
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Bugs noted.

The lunker is a fishing term. It's like "the big one" for that lake, river, stream, whatever. Everyone talks about it, but it always gets away. Sometimes they even get named.
Gregorius

Post by Gregorius »

I found a bug: when you have negative gold the golem can't terraform anymore, through terraforming is for free...
happend while working on hills btw, don't know if it also affects other terrains
Jothmein

Post by Jothmein »

I am probably missing it, but where is the download for this??
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

You didn't miss it. It has apparently been taken off 1.8. You can still get it on 1.6 though/
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

It just hasn't been uploaded to 1.8 yet.

I found a bug: when you have negative gold the golem can't terraform anymore, through terraforming is for free...
happend while working on hills btw, don't know if it also affects other terrains
You'll find this is the case with all free terraforming. Gotta watch going negative.
Telaron

Post by Telaron »

I have to say, I've never played this (sorry Gambit). I downloaded the 1.6 version, but I had a 1.7 then. :( I looked at the coding for it though. Some very intriguing code in there. :P I'll be looking for the 1.8 version.
Check out the FOSS game Sumwars
Wish I had more time for composing music...