upgrade campaign from 1.4 to 1.5 - few problems

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Elven

upgrade campaign from 1.4 to 1.5 - few problems

Post by Elven »

Hello everyone,

I am trying to remake campaign "the final exam" into the 1.5 format. to do this, i use this command:

python wmllint /home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam

and there is what i can see...

"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/2_Cave.cfg", line 166: unknown 'side 1' referred to by id
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/1_Village.cfg", line 44: Spearman is not a known unit type
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/1_Village.cfg", line 44: Bowman is not a known unit type
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/1_Village.cfg", line 83: Orcish Grunt is not a known unit type
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/1_Village.cfg", line 83: Orcish Archer is not a known unit type
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/2_Cave.cfg", line 35: Spearman is not a known unit type
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/2_Cave.cfg", line 35: Bowman is not a known unit type
"/home/stano/.wesnoth/data/campaigns/The_Final_Exam/scenarios/2_Cave.cfg", line 63: Troll Whelp is not a known unit type
wmllint: spell check unavailable, install python-enchant to enable

so what now i have to do?

first problem is with side 1 in the second scenario. why? it looks ok. or not?

and the second problem. Spearman or Bowman do not exist? Sure? This units are in the list:
http://www.wesnoth.org/units/trunk/C/mainline.html

Thanks for any help,
Elven
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
Elven

Re: upgrade campaign from 1.4 to 1.5 - few problems

Post by Elven »

i like to add the code here, but it looks that pastebin is off :(

so here are the codes as attachments
Attachments
2_Cave.cfg
Second Scenario
(4.93 KiB) Downloaded 203 times
1_Village.cfg
First Scenario
(5.17 KiB) Downloaded 191 times
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of many campaigns. Everything is here on one place.
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

You have to run wmllint on both 'core' and your campaign at the same time if you don't want those errors to pop up.

Not sure why wmllint complains about 'side=1' in the filter...
Elven

Post by Elven »

well i run it on the core... and is shows many many errors. also campaign have many new errors now
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

How exactly do you run it? (and what are the exact errors?)

Here's how I run it on TDH (your paths may vary)

Code: Select all

~/src/wesnoth/data/tools/wmllint ~/src/wesnoth/data/core/ ~/src/wesnoth-umc-dev/The_Dark_Hordes/