Imperial Era Campaign: Gali's Contract

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Re: Imperial Era Campaign: Gali's Contract

Post by turin »

Thanks for the comments. I'm planning on rebalancing the 2nd scenario to make it more... possible... and will probably change the 3rd scenario based on your comments as well.

But I might not get a chance to release a new version for a while... if you want to check out what balancing changes I've made so far (I've already changed scenario 3 to start out with {GOLD 150 130 120} rather than the default 100, so on normal difficulty you should be able to recall 6 units rather than 4, and I think I've made some edits to scenario 2 as well), you can download the most recent version of these scenarios and replace the files in your current download. It'd be nice to get feedback on those changes, actually.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
Chefu

Post by Chefu »

Campaign ported over to Wesnoth 1.8 - Please leave your feedback below or over at the Orbivm forums: http://www.exong.net/orbivm/forum/index.php

Thanks,
Chefu
Last edited by Chefu on February 16th, 2011, 10:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current maintainer of the Orbivm project (as of February 2011)
Orbivm Forums
shadowblack

Post by shadowblack »

Earlier today I finished this campaign on 1.8.5. It was good, though with some bugs:
1) In the scenario where I have to fight the ice elves, after killing the enemy leader an elf is supposed to say a single line. However since there were no elves left (I had killed them all) the line was said by one of my units instead
2) In the scenario with the eagles Gali ended up with negative HP (-3, I think) without dying, which allowed me to finish the scenario
3) After the scenario with the eagles Gali returned to level 2 (with no experience) even though he had become level 3 previously

A few other things I'd like to say:
1) I played on Normal difficulty (Journeyman) and the first two scenarios were too hard - the first one was especially bad, as the enemy had a lot of level 2s against my level 1s
2) Depending on how you play during the second scenario it is possible to make it unwinnable - this is what happened the first time I tried it. I managed to kill Volur early and to sneak Gali to the book, but then there was no way to get out of the caves as there were still too many blue units in the way and green's units arrived before I could kill them. So I had to start over and delay killing blue's leader's until I had killed the rest (or at least most) of blue's units
3) Even after turning into eagle riders my units kept their old stats, including speed and attacks. If I had known this ahead of time I would have changed my strategies and made sure that instead of 2 dwarven lords I would get 2 units with speed 6 and ranged attacks (I think they are called Monitors). Rather than forcing the player to use units he may not want I suggest changing this scenario to allow the player to recruit two units on turn 1 and then turning all 4 into eagle riders on turn 2 (naturally increase the turn limit by 1 to compensate for the delay)

Overall nice campaign. I enjoyed it.
You are a Dark Adept: You immerse yourself in the dark arts... potentially with great rewards...
Chefu

Post by Chefu »

Thanks for the feedback shadowblack! I'll try to figure out/fix those bugs but it may take a while since I am not that great at WML and am also porting the other Orbivm campaigns to 1.8 (Epic of Vaniyera, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise, Up from Slavery) as well as fixing some bugs in the Imperial Era.
Orbivm Forums
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Hey Chefu.
There's a problem with the orbivm site that won't let me access it, I keep getting a 403 forbidden.
Is this finally the end of the old forums, or have they move again?
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Chefu

Post by Chefu »

I'm not sure. I've sent a message to turin since he was site admin. There may be something salvageable.
Orbivm Forums
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

"Gali's Contract" is available on the 1.9 add-ons server for your delectation, compatible with the Imperial Era Fixed, and joining Fall of Silvium, Epic of Vaniyera and Up From Slavery in the modern age (look for that campfire image). There is an issue with the knock-back ability of the wind spirits in level 5, but to my mind this isn't a game breaker (it just makes an extremely annoying level slightly less annoying). If anyone can work out how what's wrong with it that would be greatly appreciated.
Good luck and enjoy, and remember, when in doubt, spam watchers :)
If you have any suggestions to improve this campaign, please let me know here and we'll see what we can do.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
AxalaraFlame

Post by AxalaraFlame »

l have played this campaign just recently. Your works is very well indeed, but...
Speak the truth, this campaign is GOD DAMNED HARD, especially on hardest level(actually the easiest level is little too hard either). For the first scenerio l would have to face enemies 80vs.500. :cry:
The other scenerios face quite the same situation.
l wonder why would you set such a high difficulty for this campaign but set its level at intermidiate? Some scenerio objectives are in fact impossible missions.