A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: A Vision Blinded (15 scenarios, all complete and working)

Post by Adamant14 »

Thank you for noticing that, Konrad2. It will be fixed with the next update.
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Emerging from the Depths
Alvelyn: ...cave path often used... -> ...cave path frequently used...
Alvelyn: Dwarves -> Dwarves!
Dwarvish Stalwart: We're invaded -> We are being invaded!

Two Dwarvish Stalwarts attack Quoscelia and Kruurg at the beginning, only showing the attack animation of the dwarves. They do somehow take damage though, even though Quoscelia and Kruurg do not initiate any attack animation.

The third Dwarvish Stalwart runs to warn the other dwarves, so I'd expect him to be part of the dwarvish army attacking me later on. But he never appears... That's weird.

When I break the wall on 25,16 Quoscelia talks about some exit in the south and the scenario objectives updates. But, how did she find out about the exit?

Notes: Dark blue is probably not the best colour. Please use something brighter...
Also, I do not have any other Troll Hero (which could advance to Great Troll), so mentioning them in the notes is somewhat useless.
New notes: Kruurg or any Troll Warrior can break 'weak' walls in this cave
(At the very least change 'caves'' to 'cave'.)
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: Emerging from the Depths
Alvelyn: ...cave path often used... -> ...cave path frequently used...
Alvelyn: Dwarves -> Dwarves!
Dwarvish Stalwart: We're invaded -> We are being invaded!
fixed
Konrad2 wrote: Two Dwarvish Stalwarts attack Quoscelia and Kruurg at the beginning, only showing the attack animation of the dwarves. They do somehow take damage though, even though Quoscelia and Kruurg do not initiate any attack animation.
fixed, I am not that happy with the result, but this is just a flavour event
Konrad2 wrote: The third Dwarvish Stalwart runs to warn the other dwarves, so I'd expect him to be part of the dwarvish army attacking me later on. But he never appears... That's weird.
fixed
Konrad2 wrote: When I break the wall on 25,16 Quoscelia talks about some exit in the south and the scenario objectives updates. But, how did she find out about the exit?
How about: "This leads to a an abandoned path leading straight south. Hopefully it will take us faster to the exit."
Konrad2 wrote: Notes: Dark blue is probably not the best colour. Please use something brighter...
Do you mean the colour of side 2?
Blue is the default colour for side 2.
Konrad2 wrote: Also, I do not have any other Troll Hero (which could advance to Great Troll), so mentioning them in the notes is somewhat useless.
New notes: Kruurg or any Troll Warrior can break 'weak' walls in this cave
fixed
Konrad2 wrote: (At the very least change 'caves'' to 'cave'.)
fixed ( but is that really correct, the cave has more than one tunnel? )
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Adamant14 wrote: fixed, I am not that happy with the result, but this is just a flavour event
I'll take a quick look at it. ^^
Adamant14 wrote: How about: "This leads to a an abandoned path leading straight south. Hopefully it will take us faster to the exit."
I like it. ^^
Adamant14 wrote: Do you mean the colour of side 2?
Blue is the default colour for side 2.
I'm refering to the colour the 'Notes' in the scenario objectives is written in. :)
Adamant14 wrote:
Konrad2 wrote: (At the very least change 'caves'' to 'cave'.)
fixed ( but is that really correct, the cave has more than one tunnel? )
I think you are right...
Let's change 'in this cave' to 'in this cave-system'?

EDIT:
Replaying the start of the scenario for like the 8th time, I noticed that Alvelvyn is being somewhat repetitive.
"Odd that the dwarves would build a teleportation rune to a dead end... hmm... that cave wall in front doesn't look too solid, looks more like the result of a cave-in. Looks like it can be busted down if enough force is applied to it."
"Looks like this leads into a wide cave path frequently used..."
I'd suggest changing the bold words to 'it might actually be', 'It probably can be'. (Also, change the last 'is' to a 'was'. It sounds more 'right'. I'm not sure though.)

Next up the flavour event.
The dwarvish Stalwart says 'We are being invaded', missing the exclamation mark.
For the attacking thing, you probably replicated the event, just changing the side who is attacking? That's not exactly what I hoped for. :(
Two ways to go about it, so my intended result can be achieved:
Remove the dmg to the attacker from your event. (And preferably set the xp gained for both attacker and attacked to '2', because they are lvl 2 units. If possible, filter for Quoscelia, and set the xp for the unit in combat with her to her level. (Her level might unequal 2, so the xp wouldn't be 'right'. It's a very minor detail though.)
Or, let the event fire only twice, but modify it:
Attack animation of dwarf 1 -> dmg to Quoscelia (Quoscelia gains XP) -> attack animation of Quoscelia -> dmg to dwarf 1 (dwarf 1 gains XP) -> attack animation of dwarf 2 -> dmg to Kruurg (Kruurg gains XP) -> attack animation of Kruurg (dwarf 2 gains XP).

The third dwarf: 'I warn our brothers ...' -> 'I'll warn our brothers...'
Last edited by Konrad2 on July 25th, 2018, 10:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: I'm refering to the colour the 'Notes' in the scenario objectives is written in. :)
I changed the notes colour to green
Konrad2 wrote: Let's change 'in this cave' to 'in this cave-system'?
done

The update is available on the server, but not marked as updatable (no new version number).
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Konrad2 wrote: July 25th, 2018, 10:00 am Or, let the event fire only twice, but modify it:
Attack animation of dwarf 1 -> dmg to Quoscelia (Quoscelia gains XP) -> attack animation of Quoscelia -> dmg to dwarf 1 (dwarf 1 gains XP) -> attack animation of dwarf 2 -> dmg to Kruurg (Kruurg gains XP) -> attack animation of Kruurg (dwarf 2 gains XP).
I've looked at the event now, and this would be a more realistic idea:
Attack animation of attacker -> dmg to defender (defender gains XP) -> attack animation of 'defender' -> dmg to 'attacker' (attacker gains XP)

It might work like this:
Spoiler:
I think 0.70 (than 0.55) is more reasonable, because 60% (hitchance) of the max dmg Kruurg can deal to the dwarf it 18hp, which is exactly 30% of the dwarfs max hitpoints.
Disclaimer: I don't know much about coding. I'm not sure if this would work, or work in the(/my) intended way.

EDIT:
Woe me, to think you'd comment in WML with # instead of //.
Last edited by Konrad2 on July 25th, 2018, 11:51 am, edited 2 times in total.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: I've looked at the event now, and this would be a more realistic idea:
Attack animation of attacker -> dmg to defender (defender gains XP) -> attack animation of 'defender' -> dmg to 'attacker' (attacker gains XP)
I changed to code, now I use [animate_unit] plus [harm_unit].
I think it looks much smoother now.
And for the stats, this is just a tiny flavour event. Lets say, like so often in BfW, that sheer luck decides about hit or miss. No need to have exact stats.

You really have an eye for finetuning, and in finding of logical errors.

The latest version is available on the server ( again no updateinfo )
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Adamant14 wrote: July 25th, 2018, 11:40 am
Konrad2 wrote: I've looked at the event now, and this would be a more realistic idea:
I changed to code, now I use [animate_unit] plus [harm_unit].
I think it looks much smoother now.
And for the stats, this is just a tiny flavour event. Lets say, like so often in BfW, that sheer luck decides about hit or miss. No need to have exact stats.

You really have an eye for finetuning, and in finding of logical errors.

The latest version is available on the server ( again no updateinfo )
Waaaait, look at my code. D: I like my code.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: Waaaait, look at my code. D: I like my code.
You don't like the latest version?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I don't know the latest version yet, I was busy figuring out myself how to modify the event the way I want. (Giving the attack xp does not work yet though.)
I'll look at yours once I've finished mine.

EDIT:
It is now obvious to me that I can't make the xp for the attackers work the way I went about it. Time to look at your code. xD
Adamant14 wrote: You don't like the latest version?
I don't like the lastest version. :D You made a mistake somewhere (I only tested it, didn't look at the code yet), so every hit, except Kruurgs last hit somehow, dealt between 0 and 2 damage.
...it looks like you did that intentionally? Why?
Last edited by Konrad2 on July 25th, 2018, 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

Konrad2 wrote: I don't like the lastest version. :D You made a mistake somewhere (I only tested it, didn't look at the code yet), so every hit, except Kruurgs last hit somehow, dealt between 0 and 2 damage.
That is true. It is a tomato-surprise-attack, and I don't want the player to start with half-dead heroes, therefore I decided to set just a few damage.
Too less damage in your opinion?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Certainly not enough damage in my opinion. For one, you have a healer. For two, ...they are not that incompetent.

If you must have a surprise, go to 'Narrow Encounter'. :) Kruurg has two troll whelps with him, right? Add them to the players side (recall list). And they can advance to Troll Heroes. :D (You'd have to change parts of the 'Notes' in Sc6 back though.)

Off-topic. Do you mind looking at my code (in the spoiler) and maybe tell me how I can make it work? I know my mistake is somewhere in my [if][/if].

EDIT:
Why are you using 'alignment=lawful'? To reduce the damage?
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

this may work (untested)

Code: Select all

[if]
            [variable]
                name=stored_defender.id
                equals="Quoscelia"
            [/variable]
            [then]
            [if]
                [variable]
                    name=stored_defender.level
                     equals=1
                [/variable]
                [then]
                    {VARIABLE_OP stored_attacker.experience add 1}
                    [/then]
                [/if]
            [/then]
            [else]
                {VARIABLE_OP stored_attacker.experience add 2}
            [/else]
        [/if]
EDIT:
lawful: Just to keep it simple. It is easier to have just one simple filter than to have three filters, one for elf, one for dwarf, and one for troll
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Right now I can't properly read it.
But my case is Quoscelia being level 3. xD You took care of a special case and screwed over two other special cases. ^^

Corrected (but still untested)

Code: Select all

[if]
            [variable]
                name=stored_defender.id
                equals="Quoscelia"
            [/variable]
            [then]
            [if]
                [variable]
                    name=stored_defender.level
                     not_equals=2
                [/variable]
                [then]
                    {VARIABLE_OP stored_attacker.experience add Quoscelia.lvl}
                 [/then]
            [/if]
            [/then]
            [else]
                {VARIABLE_OP stored_attacker.experience add 2}
            [/else]
        [/if]
Will you add my code if I modify it so it uses [harm]? (Harm is the better choice.)

Lawful units: 0
Neutral units: 3
Chaotic units: 1
Which is why I disagree with your alignment choice. :D
Adamant14

Post by Adamant14 »

So much effort, for such a little thing? :P
Not many players will notice that changes, right? ;)