SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 1st, 2014, 2:31 pm

so... are you able to play 4th scenario, called "Lakes" or not? well, your replay of the 3rd scenario is very interesting, mostly because you didnt use that fencer at all. only on the end of the scenario you started to move him a little. Point is to have a unit able to see the fight between elves and orcs. Of course, on easy it is not very important. I personally used him to kill some almost dead orcs :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby James_The_Invisible » April 1st, 2014, 3:02 pm

No, I cannot play the last scenario. Sorry that I did not make it clear. This error prevents from doing so. I have no idea what terrain is it supposed to be.
Well, yes, I did not move that fencer. I did it only before the end to see if some orcs are between me and elves. I expected to see some ones but the path was clear.
My content: For Power series
Ports: Danse Macabre Story of the Wose
Royal Guard/Silver Mage
User avatar
James_The_Invisible
 
Posts: 416
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 1:58 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Northlands, fighting dark forces

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 1st, 2014, 4:31 pm

James_The_Invisible wrote:No, I cannot play the last scenario. Sorry that I did not make it clear. This error prevents from doing so. I have no idea what terrain is it supposed to be.
Well, yes, I did not move that fencer. I did it only before the end to see if some orcs are between me and elves. I expected to see some ones but the path was clear.


okay, 2.5.3 is out. now it should work on older versions of wesnoth. it was some debris...
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby James_The_Invisible » April 3rd, 2014, 7:08 pm

Finished the last scenario and loved it :). I find the map pretty nice but until the end, I did not realise that I have a village at its very bottom.
For the battle: I decided to fight alongside the elves near the volcano. But before I could get my whole party to the bridge the orcs killed almost all elves who crossed the river. My veterans quickly executed the orcs with lost of just one fencer. Then orcs managed to form a new defense. They approached me led by their warlord. Nearly dead Jessin killed a bit wounded wolf ride while Johnny with a heavy infrantyman took care of an grunt next to him. Erika (as red mage) with royal guard attacked the orcish warlord. He was still standing so a swordsman had to deal the final blow. But I did not win by doing it, I had to wait for the next turn. Killing the enemy leader with most soldiers of his army took me 12 turns.
I was again suprised with 2 new units on my recruit list, especially with the wose. I think that a bit more gold would come in handy. Also, I think that the death of elves leader could be a defeat condition. I came to help them, right? And you could give Jessin a hero icon. It is pretty easy to forgot that he is not allowed to die.
I woul join the replay but it again crashes my Wesnoth. Same error as previously.
My content: For Power series
Ports: Danse Macabre Story of the Wose
Royal Guard/Silver Mage
User avatar
James_The_Invisible
 
Posts: 416
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 1:58 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Northlands, fighting dark forces

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 4th, 2014, 5:36 pm

James_The_Invisible wrote:Finished the last scenario and loved it :). I find the map pretty nice but until the end, I did not realise that I have a village at its very bottom.
For the battle: I decided to fight alongside the elves near the volcano. But before I could get my whole party to the bridge the orcs killed almost all elves who crossed the river. My veterans quickly executed the orcs with lost of just one fencer. Then orcs managed to form a new defense. They approached me led by their warlord. Nearly dead Jessin killed a bit wounded wolf ride while Johnny with a heavy infrantyman took care of an grunt next to him. Erika (as red mage) with royal guard attacked the orcish warlord. He was still standing so a swordsman had to deal the final blow. But I did not win by doing it, I had to wait for the next turn. Killing the enemy leader with most soldiers of his army took me 12 turns.
I was again suprised with 2 new units on my recruit list, especially with the wose. I think that a bit more gold would come in handy. Also, I think that the death of elves leader could be a defeat condition. I came to help them, right? And you could give Jessin a hero icon. It is pretty easy to forgot that he is not allowed to die.
I woul join the replay but it again crashes my Wesnoth. Same error as previously.



great, i will try to do all the changes to the campaign. btw i hope you dont cry... i mean for that not exactly happyend...
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby James_The_Invisible » April 4th, 2014, 6:03 pm

No. I did not like it so much but I guess that this could happen. After all, she killed pretty much orcs and even one warlord. Well, maybe I will play this campaign again in the future.
My content: For Power series
Ports: Danse Macabre Story of the Wose
Royal Guard/Silver Mage
User avatar
James_The_Invisible
 
Posts: 416
Joined: October 28th, 2012, 1:58 pm
Location: Somewhere in the Northlands, fighting dark forces

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 6th, 2014, 8:43 am

with a LOT of changes, 2.6.0 is uploaded and waiting for testers. replays and tips are more then welcome :) if you want to play the Final Exam, open Wesnoth and add-on manager any try it :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Pepe » October 25th, 2014, 2:56 pm

Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------
Attachments
wesnoth-The_Final_Exam.zip
(11.03 KiB) Downloaded 70 times
Pepe
 
Posts: 46
Joined: July 7th, 2014, 6:50 am
Location: Spain

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » October 26th, 2014, 11:56 am

Pepe wrote:Hello,

Here is spanish translation (100%).

I dont know if AI is lately active maintaining add-on translations.

Pepe
----------------------------------


many thanks :) if you wish to translate something to slovak or czech, let me know :)
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby TreefeedXavier » February 21st, 2015, 11:09 am

It`s 1.12 translation of TFE on russian: use with happines.
Attachments
TheFinalExam.zip
(25.17 KiB) Downloaded 69 times
Russian translation of UMC`s for you, including: A_Rough_Life, Ooze-Mini, The White Troll, Inky's Quest & many others. If you find any translation errors in UMC - contact me.
User avatar
TreefeedXavier
 
Posts: 40
Joined: September 25th, 2011, 8:36 pm

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby umberdragonfire » December 4th, 2016, 7:43 am

The third scenario is very easy if you happen to have levelled up your main character and chosen to become a White Mage :)
Apparently, the game does not care how the healing was done, so you can use your healing powers instead what you were supposed to do.
umberdragonfire
 
Posts: 1
Joined: December 4th, 2016, 6:53 am

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 16th, 2017, 11:02 am

version 2.6.2 for wesnoth 1.3.x is out
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 18th, 2017, 8:26 pm

umberdragonfire wrote:The third scenario is very easy if you happen to have levelled up your main character and chosen to become a White Mage :)
Apparently, the game does not care how the healing was done, so you can use your healing powers instead what you were supposed to do.


there is a LOT of possibilities how to cure a poisoned units. like leveling up the unit, white make, elvish healers, villages... so there is more than one possibilty.
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby Elven » April 18th, 2017, 9:07 pm

Mayor version 2.7 is out! And... here is changelog for 2.6 - 2.7 :) hope you like it :)

2.7

- in scenario 4, Erika can cast brutally powerful spells
- scenario 4 map changed to make it more easy
- modified elves AI in scenario 4
- Dask start with some experience
- Johnny is now a Sergeant
- because Johnny is a more important unit, enemy leaders have more gold on all diffs and maps
- small changes and fixes

2.6.2

- port to 1.13
- simpolified wose recruit

2.6.1

- few grammar fixes (thx to Chewan)
- Chewan added to credits

2.6.0

- removed ability to recruit woses in scen4, if hero wose is not found in scen3
- Dask introduced himself, talking about bridge
- scenario 4 map have a secret way to the south region, few other changes
- scenario 4 have new losing condition - death of elvish leader
- few small changes
- SKELETON!!!
- Jessin have hero icon
Creator of Greenie knižnica and Greenie Linux and Wesnoth unofficial LiveCD; Slovak/Czech translator and creator of The Three Elves, The Final Exam and Unite the Clans.
User avatar
Elven
 
Posts: 103
Joined: February 3rd, 2008, 12:02 am
Location: Slovakia

Re: SHORTEST CAMPAIGN EVER: The Final Exam

Postby PapaSmurfReloaded » October 9th, 2017, 12:22 pm

Just a little comment, in the 3rd scenario, the fencer says he "hearded" about some strange trees, I believe it would be "heard".
Otherwise, it was a nice campaign.

Spoilers.
Spoiler:
18th Century Warfare Era, try it out!
A Random RPG Adventure, play it!
Infantry Wars Era, give it a shot!
Zombie Apocalypse RPG, run for your life!
User avatar
PapaSmurfReloaded
 
Posts: 484
Joined: November 17th, 2007, 1:10 pm
Location: Argentina

PreviousNext

Return to Scenario & Campaign Development

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests