RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.2.8- 1.04.2019

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderators: Forum Moderators, Developers

Post Reply
User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.08

Post by TrashMan » January 10th, 2009, 5:13 pm

I now officially hate this game! It insist that there is a missing unit tag in this part of the code:

Code: Select all

	[event]
		name=prestart

		[recall]
			id=Lotion
		[/recall]
		[recall]
			id=Aquae
		[/recall]
		[recall]
			id=Ithilien
		[/recall]
		[recall]
			id=Valinor
		[/recall]


		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Crusader) 7 7} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Crusader) 2 1} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Crusader) 14 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Guard) 17 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Guard) 21 2} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Guard) 15 6} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 11 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 10 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 6 1} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 6 2} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 6 3} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 9 5} {GUARDIAN}
	[/event]
W.T.F??????????????? :annoyed:
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

syntheticsoul
Posts: 2
Joined: January 10th, 2009, 11:01 pm

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.08

Post by syntheticsoul » January 10th, 2009, 11:09 pm

I can not figure out how to do "Flight". I go west, pick up Lotion, then head for the bridge and am instantly surrounded. I managed to get across once by sacrificing the two spearman and archer you get as reinforcements, got the convo with Loghain, then was again surrounded and beaten.

I thought there might have been a pattern to the enemy movements, but seem to be randomly left alone or assaulted... :(

Help, please?

User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.08

Post by TrashMan » January 10th, 2009, 11:53 pm

Don't cross the bridge with the main characters.
You should be looking for survivors. A small group is hiding in a house close ot where Lotion was hiding (archer+spearman). Then you get another spearman infront of the bridge.

then you send one spearman over the bridge to check out out.
Once Loghain discovers you, flee north (go directly up, not over the bridge) with the rest of the gang.
You'll run into some more weak enemies (ruffians, footpads) and some more friendlies.
Keep going up. A wounded liutenant will worn you not to try crossing the upper bridge either (altough you might make it over that one). Keep going up and you'll meet Ithilien. Since you now reached the top of them map, now go west. Scenario end.


Yup, it's a problematic one, since ait needs more coding to make it all work right.
You can technicely finish the scenario without picking up Lotion or Ithilien, and both are main characters too (all because I haven't put together a WML code to check for all 3. I really ought to do that). :oops:
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by TrashMan » January 11th, 2009, 9:46 pm

About the RoyalCover scenario - any suggestions how to improve it? (b.t.w., the princess insta-moving is fixed. the damn moveto trigger was missing X and Y coordinates and was always true. Must have deleted them at some point by accident :P )

ATM I'm contemplating of not having a turn limit, the princess arriving sooner and giving the AI a constantly increasing $$$ boosts + better recruitment lists. So basicely, once the princess is safe the AI should have 10000$ and lvl2-3 units to recruit, meaning you will HAVE to run instead of doing some XP farming.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

User avatar
Reval
Posts: 144
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by Reval » January 11th, 2009, 11:55 pm

I played till scenario 12 "NewWorld" and so far I experienced no real bugs. But as you probably know, scenario 12 crashes when you walk into the very north which should obviously trigger the appearance of some phonix thingi which doesn't exist in my game so that it is no wonder that the unit type is unknown. (If you want a savegame, just ask.)
I also think that the campain is - regarding the figthing aspect - a little to easy. More that once I completly cleaned the map and was very far from the panic that the story suggested. Not to miss an important character seems more tricky as the figthing.
Especially fleeing to and from audin didn't really make sense to me - the situation seemed perfectly under control with alle the main characters beeing level three by than.
Appart from that I can only agree that you did an astonishing job in a short while.
Keep up the good work.
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay

User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by TrashMan » January 12th, 2009, 12:08 am

Reval wrote:I played till scenario 12 "NewWorld" and so far I experienced no real bugs. But as you probably know, scenario 12 crashes when you walk into the very north which should obviously trigger the appearance of some phonix thingi which doesn't exist in my game so that it is no wonder that the unit type is unknown. (If you want a savegame, just ask.)
I also think that the campain is - regarding the figthing aspect - a little to easy. More that once I completly cleaned the map and was very far from the panic that the story suggested. Not to miss an important character seems more tricky as the figthing.
Especially fleeing to and from audin didn't really make sense to me - the situation seemed perfectly under control with alle the main characters beeing level three by than.
Appart from that I can only agree that you did an astonishing job in a short while.
Keep up the good work.
you can fix that easily yourself (or wait until I make another update)
Open Wesnoth/userdata/data/campaigns/cots/scenarios/12_NewWorld.cfg wiht Wordpad, find and replace Elder Phoenix with ElderPhoenix. If you restart the scenario, everything should work properly.

As for the difficulty - I'm still balancing it. So I'd apprectiate if you could say which scenarios seemed the most broken and what do you suggest I do to balance it better.

I'm starting with giving the player less $$$, giving the enemy more $$$, reducing the time limit and making tweaks to some maps.
I'm also thinking of removing early finish bonuses from msst maps.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

User avatar
Reval
Posts: 144
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by Reval » January 12th, 2009, 12:44 am

TrashMan wrote: you can fix that easily yourself (or wait until I make another update)
Open Wesnoth/userdata/data/campaigns/cots/scenarios/12_NewWorld.cfg wiht Wordpad, find and replace Elder Phoenix with ElderPhoenix. If you restart the scenario, everything should work properly.
No, that didn't do the trick. :-(
(I did exactly as you said,there are still some mentionings of an "Elder_Phonix" (with underscore) in the cfg?!)
You are sure my Wesnoth game should know the ElderPhonix Unit?
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay

User avatar
Turuk
Sithslayer
Posts: 5283
Joined: February 28th, 2007, 8:58 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by Turuk » January 12th, 2009, 12:52 am

Open up the scenario file for scenario 12 in a text editor.

Using find, put in Elder and hit enter. This will take you to all the instances of Elder_Phoenix and Elder Phoenix.

In order to make them match the .cfg, have them read ElderPhoenix. This should fix the problem.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time

User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by TrashMan » January 12th, 2009, 12:56 am

EDIT: Beam me to it :P

Anyway, depending on what version you have downloaded if that works you might be able to continue o to the next mission(s)

I'm making mission 18 now, with 17 still needing tweaks. And I will maybe even and up adding another one somewhere in beteeen 16 and 17. Gah..the joys of a fluid screenplay :eng:
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

User avatar
Reval
Posts: 144
Joined: January 11th, 2009, 11:42 pm

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by Reval » January 12th, 2009, 1:11 am

Turuk wrote:Open up the scenario file for scenario 12 in a text editor.

Using find, put in Elder and hit enter. This will take you to all the instances of Elder_Phoenix and Elder Phoenix.

In order to make them match the .cfg, have them read ElderPhoenix. This should fix the problem.
Ok, I also removed the underscore from one call that I found. In order for you to be abletocountcheck me, see the attachedcfg file.
Unfortunately still the same error.
Btw. Game Version 1.5.7
Attachments
12_NewWorld.cfg
(10.12 KiB) Downloaded 274 times
The Wesnoth Unit Quiz by Flametrooper:
You Scored as Arch Mage - Arrg, just Arch?!?

The Fellowship of the Clay

User avatar
Iris
Site Administrator
Posts: 6587
Joined: November 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.08

Post by Iris » January 12th, 2009, 1:18 am

TrashMan wrote:I now officially hate this game! It insist that there is a missing unit tag in this part of the code:

Code: Select all

	[event]
		name=prestart

		[recall]
			id=Lotion
		[/recall]
		[recall]
			id=Aquae
		[/recall]
		[recall]
			id=Ithilien
		[/recall]
		[recall]
			id=Valinor
		[/recall]


		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Crusader) 7 7} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Crusader) 2 1} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Crusader) 14 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Guard) 17 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Guard) 21 2} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Guard) 15 6} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 11 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 10 5} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 6 1} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 6 2} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 6 3} {GUARDIAN}
		{GENERIC_UNIT 2 (Mage) 9 5} {GUARDIAN}
	[/event]
W.T.F??????????????? :annoyed:
If you still need help...

That code, when expanded by the preprocessor, leaves [/unit] and whatever the first line of {GUARDIAN} is, in a single line. That's illegal and confuses Wesnoth.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.

User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by TrashMan » January 13th, 2009, 6:00 pm

Found out what was wrong. Aslo ,regarding the NewWorld crash - DeepHydra is also referenced badly.


Now, I'm testing and fixing that scenario and I'm using hte SCATTER_UNITS macro to place some monsters on the island. Things is, no monsters show up at all.

First I tried to just use that macro after the side listing.

Then I added that code to the start event.
The second I did that I got error while genereting unit .. unknown unit ? and all that jazz.

I don't get how. I removed all the monster call macros and the scenario works.
I placed one , that calls only one monster type in - I get that error again.

Code: Select all

#place some hydras around
 {SCATTER_UNITS 10 "Hydra" 5 (
     terrain=Ss
     x=1-60
     y=10-80

     [not]
         [filter]
         [/filter]
     [/not]

     [not]
         [filter_adjacent_location]
             [filter]
             [/filter]
         [/filter_adjacent_location]
     [/not]
 ) (
     side=3
     generate_name=no
     random_traits=yes
 )}
[/event]

B.t.w - I checked several times, the id is Hydra.


EDIT:

Placing other monsters and it works. I try placing a Hydra and it doesn't. Damit, it's like Wesnoth doesn't recongnize that the Hydra exists.
It's the damn units folder, specified in _main.cfg, so WTF????
Last edited by TrashMan on January 13th, 2009, 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

User avatar
Iris
Site Administrator
Posts: 6587
Joined: November 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by Iris » January 13th, 2009, 6:06 pm

Can you use other custom units? Perhaps you are missing a [+units] at top level in your _main.cfg (or "Campaign_Name.cfg", if you are so brave to dare defy us and use a feature that is obsolete).

Or try to spawn a "Hydra" in debug mode with the context menu...
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.

User avatar
TrashMan
Posts: 593
Joined: April 30th, 2008, 8:04 pm
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by TrashMan » January 13th, 2009, 6:17 pm

Code: Select all

#ifdef CAMPAIGN_COMING_OF_THE_STORM
[binary_path]
	path=data/campaigns/COTS
[/binary_path]
{@campaigns/COTS/utils}

[+units]
	{@campaigns/COTS/units}
[/units]

{@campaigns/COTS/scenarios}
{@campaigns/COTS/maps}
{@campaigns/COTS/images}
#endif

nope, that shouldn't be it. My other custom units show up in-game normally.
Could be that there is something wrong with the Hydra file itself..I haven't tested it, just took from another campaign and adapted
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<

User avatar
Iris
Site Administrator
Posts: 6587
Joined: November 14th, 2006, 5:54 pm
Location: Chile
Contact:

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.10

Post by Iris » January 13th, 2009, 6:23 pm

Test it... read the code carefully... etc. etc.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.

Post Reply