RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

3Lorde

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.3.4

Post by 3Lorde »

the map that i think 27-Meeting not found...
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Mission 27 is broken beyond belief.
I cannot even begin to speculate as to why.

I'm gonna need help from more experience scenario makers/code wizards.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Moving through this campaign using mostly debug unit command, some shift+k too.

Some scenario name is Betrayl
Grave Matter gives loss screen on completing objectives
One scenario objectives have "Loose too many civilians"

The scenarios you called broken just lack leader, unit canrecruit=yes fixes it for single play.
Same case for the following scenario
Revelation was the one that I couldnt figure out how to complete normally. White moves once and then waits until purple kills it. Managed to turn most of map to deep water. (it takes loads of mp to move through that...). Didnt get further than red item at 1,23. Skipped.

Some scenario after that you get missing unit type AncientLich, make sure you have included it properly. Skipped entirely.

Credits move too fast, and there is just no need to show all credits of wesnoth there.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

26 - Revelation - you just escape with your units one the dam breaks. The exit point is close to where you start.

27 mixes side color, unit recall lists (enemy gets my units to recall) and the script to train new units doesn't work.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

Hey guys. I kind of got a problem with getting through the first combat. The combat simulation training. I'm playing on medium/normal difficulty and find that my AI controlled teammate always manages to immediately get wiped out by bad decisions, leading to the two teams ganging up on me. I also saw that the opposing teams seem to get a 5% more cover bonus? Am I completely missing something?
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Opposing teams shouldn't be getting any cover bonus.

All AI's are the same, so the opponents should be doing non-optimal moves too.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Nikolaj

Post by Nikolaj »

Ah, I missed something. No problems. Sorry. I didn't get that there were new traits for the characters (agile gives +5% to defense, last time I played Wesnoth that wasn't there yet).

Anyway. I finally got through it, apparently I was playing too defensive.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Get two units to the bridge, they got favorable terrain and can hold the enemy there and use the rest to help your ally. :eng:

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
MasterMasterson

Post by MasterMasterson »

I am currently playing Scenario 12, New World, I've found all the heroes, and after searching the whole map, I cannot find the Phoenix (I even peeked in the Scenario code, Looked where its supposed to be, and its not there), Please give me a fix, I am currently playing Version 1.3.4, And my Wesnoth Version is 1.12.0, I tried editing the scenario code as you said Earlier, but when I open, it links me to Mozilla Firefox, shows all the scenario code, and I cannot edit anything.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Edit (right click -> open with) it with notepad or Notepad++

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
mirror1

Post by mirror1 »

First, very fun campaign and loveable characters. Created with much love and talent. The battles are very well balanced, too. Thanks for this little exciting story that keeps us entertained for quite a while :D

I have advanced to the "New World" scenario and here is my experience:
- Changed "value=5" twice as your instruction and it worked fine.
- Did not see the saurians, maybe they got killed before I got into the centre of the island.
- So far there is only Ithilien that has abilities to be upgraded, the other three just like normal units. Is that correct?

PS: I play at hardest level which is perfectly balanced, not easy, needs careful calculation and bold moves, but not hair-scratching madness also.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

mirror1 wrote:First, very fun campaign and loveable characters. Created with much love and talent. The battles are very well balanced, too. Thanks for this little exciting story that keeps us entertained for quite a while :D

I have advanced to the "New World" scenario and here is my experience:
- Changed "value=5" twice as your instruction and it worked fine.
- Did not see the saurians, maybe they got killed before I got into the centre of the island.
- So far there is only Ithilien that has abilities to be upgraded, the other three just like normal units. Is that correct?

PS: I play at hardest level which is perfectly balanced, not easy, needs careful calculation and bold moves, but not hair-scratching madness also.
Unless I messed something up, other heroes should get upgrades too.
However, other heroes switch classes around scenario 15, so those classes have to be maxxed out before upgrades will appear.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
austrian_alchemist

Post by austrian_alchemist »

I totally agree with mirror1: I have been playing this campaign and I really like it. There is a lot of creativity inside.

I stumbled over the phoenix bug in scenario 12, too. However, I solved it for me by tweaking the savegame file.

The fix described in
http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php? ... 45#p583080
does the job, too. I just tested it.

Currently I am stuck in scenario 27. I would not say it is broken beyond belief, only the training functionality does not work as expected. Ok, and he is using your own well experienced units against you and your peasants.

I am afraid, I do not understand the game description language enough to be a help in debugging the scenario code. I hope someone does. I am looking forward to the end of the campaign.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

For some reason the enemy gets you recall list. This is NOT part of the mission design.

I peculate that might be because I kept switching leaders the last 2 missions before.
Doesn't every hero has it's own recall list?
Or do they all fall under the same side? Still , I always used side 1, so you should still have access to all of your units.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
BrotherJon

Post by BrotherJon »

I didn't mind this campaign, but there are plenty of grammatical and spelling issues which caused me to stop playing. As someone playing for fun, I do believe these things are important. If you have the time to look through your dialog files, please do.