RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

GodlyDragon

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.3.4

Post by GodlyDragon »

Bug found in the New World scenario: when another unit than Ellderon reach the zone where the phoenix must show itself, the phoenix doesn't appear and we are stuck.

I also understand that you have added some stuff in this scenario but all I've found is some survivors and a Healing potion, what else is there?
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Aside from tweak to the maps, there should be some more dialogue, more active saurians (unless the monsters kill them on the first turn), an item that gives a unit the unpoison ability.
I was contemplating on a hunger mechanic, but I dropped it for now.

also, it shouldn't matter which unit spots the phoenix or moves. The even only checks to see if its from your side AND is the entire gang is found.
So it probably means you're missing someone. Probably Aquae. Everyone is near the sea except for Ithilien.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

I've found all 5 heroes and it still doesn't show up, last time it does that, I just start the scenario again and it worked, but not this time, also I think you forgot to give the saurians a leader ( I've checked in the statut table at the 1st turn and they don't have one ) could the bug be there because we didin't met saurians?
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Nope, the leader is there... And there is NO requirement other than finding all the heroes.
Can't explain it.

EDIt:
Crap. Now I see the problem.
I had the messages repeat themselves every turn when the group was re-united. So I had it reset the variable to 0 to get around that, but forgot to add it to the condition!

HOW TO FIX:
Open the scenario file (12_NewWorld.cfg)
Look for this part:

Code: Select all

# phoenix comes
	[event]
	name=moveto

[filter]
            side=1
            x=12-28
            y=7-12
        [/filter]

[switch]
    	variable=gang_found
    [case]
       		value=4

Put value=0 instead.
Save.
Clear cache.
Play mission again.

ALTERNATIVELY (this is going to be final solution for the next version, put the value in both this event, and the value at the end of
# Gang together event to 5)

PS
Here's the save file for the 27th mission.
can anyone figure out the mindf***er going on?
Attachments
cots-An_Old_Foe.gz
(51.7 KiB) Downloaded 331 times
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
GodlyDragon

Post by GodlyDragon »

Another bug found: when the Sentinel unit advance, the game lag and we are redirected to the main menu
brickluis

Post by brickluis »

Sorry to say, but I really do not find any place to go within the mountain range, and find a phoenix with Ellderon. Help !
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Have you tried the fix in my previous post?

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

GodlyDragon wrote:Another bug found: when the Sentinel unit advance, the game lag and we are redirected to the main menu
Thanks.
I made some changes to the units so Hereos and regular units would be different.
Must have a typo in the unit advancement line somewhere.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
brickluis

Post by brickluis »

Hello,

No, I didn't. I cannot open the cfg files, to edit them and convert, etc.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

They are text files.
You should be able to open them with ANY word editor, like notepad

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
ChaosRider

Post by ChaosRider »

Here you can get notepad++
You may need also to set your cfg files to be open by notepad++ when you click them fast twice, right click on cfg file and there you should find something as "open by program" here you choose notepad++.
Creator of WOTG (+2880 units), MWC (+615 units), SurvivorsArea, RandomColosseum, RC WOTG, RC MWC, ColosseumRandomClonesBattle, BetweenDarknessAndLight, StealingWeapons, MoreUnitsForms, MoreDamageTypes, CanBeOnlyOne, ColosseumOneWinner, BonusSpam, CriticalStrike - available at 1.12 Wesnoth server.
brickluis

Post by brickluis »

I opened it and modified as written (changing by zero), then saved, cleared the cache folder and started the scenario a new world, from its beginning. And, I stil have the same trouble...
sreesreearul

Post by sreesreearul »

^^ If you haven't already, then delete wesnoth cache and replay the scenario.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

That should have worked...
Hmm..there is a console command to check the status of variables. Can't recall it atm.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
brickluis

Post by brickluis »

Yes, apparently it should have worked...
I did not try to delete the wesnoth cache. I don't think this would change anything, between clear the cache and delete this folder, as it didnt work by clearing. Already tried three times to replay the scenario from its beginning, bit boring now. :)

Is anybody has the "a new world" file to enclose it here ? So I can try using it, if something went wrong ? Thanks.