RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.3.4

Post by TrashMan »

Lord-Knightmare wrote: October 15th, 2017, 5:54 pm
Trashman is no longer with us.
May he rest in peace... :(
I'd rather not be burried just yet, but it ain't far from the truth.

Just found some Wesnoth modding files on my PC and I remembered this thing exists, so I'm popping by to say that I never managed to figure out what what causing the campaign to spazz out with the mixing units and recalls, so I enver did manage to fix it, and as I recived no help in that regard, I drifted to other projects.
I apologize to people who want to play this and if I get time I might give it another try (no promises, so you can consider this abandoned unless I pop back one day saying I figured it out), but I just don't find it likely that I'll be able to fix it, someone far more knowledable in the ways of the code would have to take a look, as it really is a bizzare error.
The only other option is to completley re-write the final missions and change them, but that would be a shame, since working with limited recall lists and unit recruitmens was a nice break of pace. Also, plot-wise it give each character more to do.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TrashMan wrote: February 18th, 2019, 10:46 am but I just don't find it likely that I'll be able to fix it, someone far more knowledable in the ways of the code would have to take a look, as it really is a bizzare error.
Would you mind describing the error, it's possible causes and post the code in question (and say what it is supposed to do)? Then I could go asking around for a solution and just say 'read that post' whenever someone wants a description.
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Looking trough the last 2-3 pages, I never though this would be as popular. I am deeply humbled by the people who tried to fix the mess I've left the campaign in.

@Konrad2 - the errors happens with Scenario 27. The recalls get mixed up and the enemy starts recalling your units. I don't have the code on my right now, but I'm re-installing Wesnoth and digging trough my old files ATM.
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I've look edtrough every storage media and backup I have, and I found my old files. Version 1.3.1.
Not bad, since the last 3-4 versions were mostly bugfixes, but I don't want to repeat the work.
If anyone has 1.3.4. and can give it to me, I'd appreciate it.
Last edited by TrashMan on February 20th, 2019, 10:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TrashMan wrote: February 20th, 2019, 9:36 am I've look trough every storage media and backup I have, and I found my old files. Version 1.3.1.
Not bad, since the last 3-4 versions were mostly bugfixes, but I don't want to repeat the work.
If anyone has 1.3.4. and can give it to me, I'd appreciate it.

You can either download it here or download 1.12 first and download it with the add-on manager. :D
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Thanks.
I'm playing trough it and fixing and improving things along the way.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

OK, I've worked my way trough to scenario 26, fixing and improving things.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

I'm working on the final mission now.
All missions have been polished, re-worked. A few new traits and abilities, and a few new items, a new unit (Engineer) and some other QoL improvements.

I think it should be ready tomorrow.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Does anyone know what "Invalid PANGO markup" message means?

I get it when the unit advances with my custom AMLAS. It works fine, but that message appears in front of the description of every AMLA option.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

Usually means you did not escape some special symbols.
TrashMan

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.5 - 13.03.2019

Post by TrashMan »

TIS OUT!

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

TIS IN!
You might want to offload the special thanks into the credits. xD
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

FYI - I'm going to have to update again. The audio quality is crap because I accidently lowered it during conversion to .ogg without noticing.

Also, the Mage, Elves tweaks, healing XP modification for MP? I think I might merge them with this mod fully, I tweaked to work in SP and I quite like them.
Or at least some of the options. Will see.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

I'll wait until you've decided before playing. Merging those things would
a) change some units obviously
b) possibly introduce new bugs I'd miss otherwise

EDIT:
The Test

Code: Select all

The following add-on had errors and could not be loaded:
    ~/data/add-ons/COTS/_main.cfg

Please report this to the author or maintainer of this add-on.

Details:

Macro/file 'campaigns/COTS/maps/00_The_Test.map' is missing
    at ~add-ons/COTS/scenarios/00_The_Test.cfg:7
        included from ~add-ons/COTS/_main.cfg:65

(You apparently need to replace the 'campaigns' with '~add-ons' in every scenario file. Probably?)

I also don't think that it makes sense to include the version number in the campaign name. (Unless you plan to upload different versions at the same time.)
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

COTS and COTS_Tweaks (optional) now up

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<