RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v0.3.2- 10.07.2020

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Kente

Re: Swamplings for 1.12

Post by Kente »

saaltony wrote:Hi there. i know this is the wrong forum but i could not find the author of the campaign and didn't know who to ask. so,if you could help me ,it would be great. i am playing the (coming of the storm campaign) senario (a new world) and i cannot get past it no matter what i do. i found my heroes and gone north to the mountain. but nothing,turns just run out. thanks.
i have the same problem, further the castle in the swamp is empty while it should be saurians there
braknor

Re: Swamplings for 1.12

Post by braknor »

Kente wrote:
saaltony wrote:Hi there. i know this is the wrong forum but i could not find the author of the campaign and didn't know who to ask. so,if you could help me ,it would be great. i am playing the (coming of the storm campaign) senario (a new world) and i cannot get past it no matter what i do. i found my heroes and gone north to the mountain. but nothing,turns just run out. thanks.
i have the same problem, further the castle in the swamp is empty while it should be saurians there
I am experiencing the same problems. I also encountered the crusader bug which crashed the scenario. Any chance that those will get fixed?
Pags

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.15

Post by Pags »

bolderaft wrote:I finally got through the New World scenario after finally tripping across the 'strange creature' which must be followed.

What triggers the appearance of that creature? I think I uncovered that area of land previously but it did not show up.
seems to be a bug in the cfg file. The phoenix coming is tied to the value of "gang_found" which is required to be 4. However, if a turn ends and gang_found is 4, dialogue is triggered and gang_found is, for some reason, reset to 0. As the "gang_found" number isn't computed each turn, but is rather a running total, this means that in one turn you need to 1) discover the 4th additional hero and 2) get a character to explore (12-28)x(7-12) . So, remove the

Code: Select all

[set_variable]
  name=gang_found
  value=0
[/set_variable]
block from the 12_NewWorld.cfg (or discover the final character in the same turn as you explore those positions). That may however, trigger that dialogue sequence at the start of every subsequent turn, in which case change the above codeblock to

[set_variable]
  name=gang_found
  value=5
[/set_variable]
and change the discovery check to

[if]
  [variable]
    name=gang_found
    greater_than=3
  [/variable]
  [then]
  [/then]
[/if]
Pags

Re: RELEASE: Coming of the Storm - v1.3.4

Post by Pags »

In scenario Interferance (misspelled, btw) Leagil (green elf leader) sits on the great tree and blocks the last 3 civilians from exiting the area. Maybe my hero is too close to his keep edit: confirmed. When moving leader to a safe distance away, Leagil occupies his keep.

More WML changes:
units/CrusaderNorm.cfg
change: id from Crusader to CrusaderNorm
fixes: crash on Sentinel advance
zx_specy_gamer

Post by zx_specy_gamer »

On the "new world" scenario, if you recall the heroes at the keep in the south west then that doesn't count to the "gang_found" variable and hence you can't win the scenario. I don't know the Wesnoth script but is it possible to disable the recall on just the hero units? That would prevent this problem. Maybe just disabling the recall completely for this scenario would make sense. The scenario is supposed to be about finding survivors so being able to recall them defeats the objective.

The problem with the phoenix not appearing and opening the path through the mountains at the end is an error in the logic. I've tweaked the config file and attached the file I used to get it working. I basically added a new variable "show_phoenix" and set it to 0 at the start of the scenario. When you find all 4 heroes the original scenario resets the "gang_found" count to 0 to prevent the dialog that comes after you get all the heroes from replaying at the start of each turn. However when you get to the event area the code looks for the count to be 4 and it's been reset to 0 so it never fires. The change I made sets the "show_phoenix" to 1 when you have found all 4 heroes and then looks for this being set to 1 to trigger the event to show the phoenix. I tested this and it worked fine if you "find" all the survivors but doesn't if you recall them.

I am playing version 1.3.4 using version 1.12.6 of Wesnoth.
Attachments
12_NewWorld.cfg
Amended scenario
(15.86 KiB) Downloaded 412 times
zx_specy_gamer

Post by zx_specy_gamer »

The swamp level game me an LUA error (see attached screen).
Was still able to play the level OK and finish the scenario.
Attachments
cots-swamp-error.png
zx_specy_gamer

Post by zx_specy_gamer »

I found that the "old foe" (scenario 27) was broken due to a few things:

- the training ground didn't work
- the enemy was able to recall troops that he should be able to (why should he be able to recall Avernus? for example)

I have amended the configuration to fix these issues so it is now playable.
Attachments
27_OldFoe.cfg
(16.57 KiB) Downloaded 390 times
scarab

Post by scarab »

Could someone post the cfg documents for 28, 29, and 30? Mine are glitchy and I cant finish the story because of this T_T
The_Gnat

Post by The_Gnat »

Here are the 28,29, and 30 cfg files. Hopefully this helps! (they are from COTS 1.3.4)
Attachments
30_FinalCountdown.cfg
(12.84 KiB) Downloaded 340 times
29_Breaktrough.cfg
(4.12 KiB) Downloaded 307 times
28_FinalMeeting.cfg
(7.71 KiB) Downloaded 425 times
RisingPhoenix

Post by RisingPhoenix »

I have wesnoth on my android phone and im having the same trouble with nothing happening after i have found everyone.
RisingPhoenix

Post by RisingPhoenix »

Also i dont seem to have the ability to change all these codes to make it happen
grandma

Post by grandma »

I really like this campaign, but looking at this thread, I was wondering, if TrashMan (the official maintainer of this campaign) is still working on it or whether it has been abandoned? (looks like his last post was 20 months ago ...)
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The new traits are somewhat undesirable and misleading...A horseman with trait "eagle-eye" is just plain stupid. Please remove them.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Sudipta

Post by Sudipta »

Trashman is no longer with us. Which is a shame seeing how this is a really good campaign. It would be great if someone took over as maintainer and fixed the bugs which make the last few scenarios unplayable.
It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.
Playing Wesnoth since 2010, still there is so much left to play
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

Trashman is no longer with us.
May he rest in peace... :(
Which is a shame seeing how this is a really good campaign. It would be great if someone took over as maintainer and fixed the bugs which make the last few scenarios unplayable.
Yeah, let's just hope someone experienced enough comes around.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium