Mystic storyline..

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Frost_PFSV

Mystic storyline..

Post by Frost_PFSV »

To show what I've been working on with my blue sprite versions..This is my storyline for the mystics. (This is just a rough draft, I wanna see what others think of it and get good feedback on what to fix) (The Mystics are a group of men and elves combined, they both live in harmony)

To an island far southwest of Wesnoth, the mystics of the four groups lived in peace. Fire, Ice, Arcane, and Shadow. Each group had a certain way to live...
The Fire Mystics enjoyed their comfortable lifestyles, they were in a time of prosperity where money was easy to come by with just a little work. The whole group lived as a nation without a lord. They depended on the wise concel of six of the greatest fire magicians.
The Ice Mystics lived in just a few cities trying to increase their quality of power instead of the size of their army. They were the exact opposite when it came to money with the Fire Mystics.
The Arcane Mystics tried to help all three other groups by offering money and supplies whenever needed. They believed that the Mystic Kingdom should stand strong and tall. With a speaker for their strong Republic, their army still matched any who tried to take them down.
The Shadow Mystics kept to themselves, with a dictator. They accepted help only when needed and focused on expand to further away islands and such than just the small clumps of land that they had floating around the already large island.

The Great Mystics, said to be stronger than the elements themselves, made a counsel right in the center city of the island. Five of the best mystics from each group would join the four Great Mystics to keep peace and order.
However, all of it was lost when the Shadow and Fire Mystics teamed up to destroy the Great Mystics. The four of them fled when the twenty mystics tried to hold them off, but were killed without mercy.

Now we start our story with a Ice Mystic named, Tios Farbrand. He was the Mystic without any magical ability at all, no matter how much he trained. He left with a trusty I.A. Elementalist, Norist, and a small band of Mystics to try and fix the peace that was once broken.

(I know it is spacey, but I think it will be a great story with a little more work, can't do to much more since I have to go to bed..Tell me what you think)
I'm a man of my word, Norist. I will bring peace to the mystics, even if it costs me my life.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Mystic storyline..

Post by Turuk »

Certainly a nice start. The idea of factions living in an uneasy balance can will give you a great deal of options for where to take the story, and can offer a variety of enemies for the players. I would offer a bit more C&C, but it is just the initial outline/characters, and so I do not know where you are going to take the story.

If Tios is an Ice Mystic even with no ability, are the terms such as Ice or Fire Mystics just names for the people, and therefore not everyone is a Mystic? As is it a culture with both soldiers and mages, or is he an exception, an oddity among mages?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Frost_PFSV

Post by Frost_PFSV »

Turuk wrote:If Tios is an Ice Mystic even with no ability, are the terms such as Ice or Fire Mystics just names for the people, and therefore not everyone is a Mystic? As is it a culture with both soldiers and mages, or is he an exception, an oddity among mages?
Each Mystic bases it's magical power such as fireballs for mages, a fire sword for fighter, fire arrows for archers, or the unlucky guardians, who only can weild magic defence armor, the heavy infantry for this group is for that reason. Tios however is uncapable of even weilding a simple fire sword, yet. Not going to unspoil some things yet.

Note: Fire was an example. Ice, Arcane, and Shadow will each have their own magic and all. And each will be weak to something, I'm not going to spoil it just yet since I need to work on it more. But trust me the balance is kept..I'll make sure of it..And if anyone wants to see my stats on the characters and the tree, just let me know.
I'm a man of my word, Norist. I will bring peace to the mystics, even if it costs me my life.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Frost_PFSV wrote:Each Mystic bases it's magical power such as fireballs for mages, a fire sword for fighter, fire arrows for archers, or the unlucky guardians, who only can weild magic defence armor, the heavy infantry for this group is for that reason. Tios however is uncapable of even weilding a simple fire sword, yet. Not going to unspoil some things yet.
That is quite alright, I do not want you to spoil your storyline, I was just checking as to the nature of the culture. I figured it might be something like what you described.

Frost_PFSV wrote:Note: Fire was an example. Ice, Arcane, and Shadow will each have their own magic and all. And each will be weak to something, I'm not going to spoil it just yet since I need to work on it more. But trust me the balance is kept..I'll make sure of it..And if anyone wants to see my stats on the characters and the tree, just let me know.
*Raises hand* I am always interested in whatever new campaign people are cooking up, or the factions they are developing.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Frost_PFSV

Post by Frost_PFSV »

I'll start with the fighter..
Mystic Fighter
Cost-16
HP-35/35
Moves-5/5
XP-42

6-3--melee--(Blade)
5-2--ranged--(Pierce)

Goes to--
Mystic Captain
Cost-34
HP-49/49
Moves-6/6
XP-93

leadership
6-4--melee--(Blade) (Ice)
5-3--ranged--(Pierce)

Mystic Hero
Cost-34
HP-53/53
Moves-6/6
XP-93

6-4--melee--(Blade) (Fire)
5-4--ranged--(Ranged)

They go to--
Mystic General
Cost-58
HP-66/66
Moves-6/6
XP-150

leadership
9-4--melee--(Blade) (Ice)
8-3--ranged--(Pierce)

Mystic Champion
Cost-58
HP-74/74
Moves-6/6
XP-150

8-5--melee--(Blade) (Fire)
8-4--ranged--(Pierce)

And the ends the fighter tree. Simple, but as you see I added fire and ice to their attacks depending on which path you took. Yes this goes for all sides, not just the Ice Mystics. Because you will be Tios you will get the opportunity to choose the element you want unlike the other groups.

Archer tree
Mystic Archer
Cost-16
HP-32/32
Moves-6/6
XP-40

5-2--melee---(Blade)
6-3--ranged--(Pierce)

It goes to--
Mystic Marksman
Cost-45
HP-40/40
Moves-6/6
XP-86

6-2--melee--(Blade)
8-3--ranged--(Pierce) (Marksman) (Ice)

Mystic Ranger
Cost-43
HP-44/44
Moves-7/7
XP-85

6-3--melee--(Blade)
8-4--ranged--(Pierce) (Fire)

They go to--
Mystic Sharpshooter
Cost-58
HP-50/50
Moves-6/6
XP-150

7-2--melee--(Blade)
9-4--ranged--(Pierce) (Ice) (Marksman)

Mystic Avenger
Cost-57
HP-53/53
Moves-7/7
XP-150

8-3--melee--(Blade)
9-4--ranged--(Fire) (Pierce)

End of archer tree. Same thing with their bow attacks. And if you note on some of them I weakened some of their stats when adding the elements. This is enough balance to where that one person hitting a drake with a Mystic Sharpshooter and doing over 14 damage with 60% chance of hitting.

This is the fun tree, mage tree.
Mystic Mage
Cost-19
HP-25/25
Moves-5/5
XP-65

5-2--melee--(Impact)
6-3--ranged--(Fire) (Magical)

Next--
Mystic F.S. Elementalist
Cost-45
HP-39/39
Moves-6/6
XP-95

6-2--melee--(Impact)
7-4--ranged--(Fire) (Magical)
7-4--ranged--(Shadow) (Magical)

Mystic I.A. Elementalist
Cost-45
HP-39/39
Moves-6/6
XP-95

6-2--melee--(Impact)
7-4--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)
7-4--ranged--(Arcane) (Magical)

Next--
Mystic Fire Arch
Cost-60
HP-52/52
Moves-6/6
XP-175

7-2--melee--(Impact) (Fire)
12-4--ranged--(Fire) (Magical)

Mystic Ice Arch
Cost-60
HP-52/52
Moves-6/6
XP-175

7-2--melee--(Impact) (Ice)
12-4--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)

Mystic Arcane Arch
Cost-60
HP-52/52
Moves-6/6
XP-175

7-2--melee--(Impact) (Arcane)
12-4--ranged--(Arcane) (Magical)

Mystic Shadow Arch
Cost-60
HP-52/52
Moves-6/6
XP-175

7-2--melee--(Impact) (Shadow)
12-4--ranged--(Shadow) (Magical)

Finally--
Great Fire Mystic
Cost-74
HP-65/65
Moves-6/6
XP-150

12-2--melee--(Impact) (Fire)
14-4--ranged--(Fire) (Magical)

Great Ice Mystic
Cost-74
HP-65/65
Moves-6/6
XP-150

12-2--melee--(Impact) (Ice)
14-4--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)

Great Arcane Mystic
Cost-74
HP-65/65
Moves-6/6
XP-150

12-2--melee--(Impact) (Arcane)
14-4--ranged--(Arcane) (Magical)

Great Shadow Mystic
Cost-74
HP-65/65
Moves-6/6
XP-150

12-2--melee--(Impact) (Shadow)
14-4--ranged--(Shadow) (Magical)

This tree was easy to make but will offer almost great magic power. :) I hope to see it a little more balanced in the end if it isn't but I had to drop a lot of attack points to make sure it doesn't overdo itself.

Guardian tree.
Mystic Guardian
Cost-21
HP-42/42
Moves-4/4
XP-45

7-3--melee--(Impact)
7-3--melee--(Pierce)

Next--
Mystic Knight
Cost-49
HP-70/70
Moves-5/5
XP-105

8-4--melee--(Impact)
8-4--melee--(Pierce)
5-2--ranged--(Pierce)

And ending it--
Mystic Basher
Cost-55
HP-85/85
Moves-5/5
XP-150

10-4--melee--(Impact)
10-4--melee--(Pierce)
7-3--ranged--(Pierce)

I tried giving these guys a boost in health since they are the only mystics, besides Tios, that can't weild magic for attack but defence. Hopefully, it was enough.

And the last, the Mystic Nobles..(I'll get more indepth later with why they are nobles.)
Mystic Noble
Cost-22
HP-30/30
Moves-6/6
XP-35

Heals+4
5-2--melee--(Blade)
6-3--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)

Next--
Mystic Lord
Cost-48
HP-44/44
Moves-6/6
XP-86

Heals+8
5-2--melee--(Blade)
6-3--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)

Afterwards--
Great Mystic
Cost-53
HP-48/48
Moves-6/6
XP-180

Heals+8
6-3--melee--(Blade)
7-4--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)

And lastly--
Mystic Overseer
Cost-72
HP-58
Moves-7/7
XP-150

Flying
Heals+8
7-3--melee--(Blade) (Arcane)
9-4--ranged--(Ice) (Magical)
docrock

Post by docrock »

Five of the best mystics from each group would join the four Great Mystics to keep peace and order.
what we are dealing with here is a counting problem - or don't i get it?
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
Frost_PFSV

Post by Frost_PFSV »

docrock wrote:
Five of the best mystics from each group would join the four Great Mystics to keep peace and order.
what we are dealing with here is a counting problem - or don't i get it?
Reread it again and you will see five of the best mystics from each group would join the "four" GREAT mystics, the best of them all, meaning they aren't from a certain clan or group. They study the art of Fire, Ice, Arcane, and Shadow in peace, not hostility. Is that easier to understand, probally not.
docrock

Post by docrock »

now it got it, lol, yea, still, maybe it's just me, but not too easy to understand for a non-native english speaker. nah, must be me.
Postings may contain traces of sense.
The ministry of health warns:
Living is dangerous to your health and may finally result in death.
You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it. (100% ...)
michchar

Post by michchar »

Wait...Two weapon types? Or is just a possible choice for the weapon type? I'm so confused...

Anyways, nice idea, and I wish you luck in getting it off the ground. However, I also offer my comments.

First off-The archer+fighter lines are too close to the elves. Of course, this is the first draft, but you should use a lot of variation. Be creative.
Secondly, the different advancement lines for the mages-most of them do nothing but change the damage type. Why not, say, give the Fire mage more moves and power but low resist/defence? Something like that. It would be a lot better if the variations changed something other than just damage types.
Third, I would avoid using the dark/fire people as the "evil" nation. No offence, but it sounds way too cliched. (think-Fire Nation from Avatar, dark mages from over 90% of all fantasy) Unless, of course, you plan some plot twists and the nation(s) you thought was(were) evil is(are) actually the good guy(s) or something along those lines. But that is also a little cliched in BfW plots (a little better than the first one i mentioned, though).
Fourth, suppose the Ice guys can recruit the fighters. How do they get fire? I think that the units should be based off the 4 factions (ice fire shadow arcane.) As in, Ice guys get ice guys, etc.
My fifth and final comment-Why dont you use air and earth? I mean, you could probably get some interesting factions if you use them.

Anyways, I think that, with enough work and dedication, this will be a good campaign.
Frost_PFSV

Post by Frost_PFSV »

michchar wrote:Wait...Two weapon types? Or is just a possible choice for the weapon type? I'm so confused...

Anyways, nice idea, and I wish you luck in getting it off the ground. However, I also offer my comments.

First off-The archer+fighter lines are too close to the elves. Of course, this is the first draft, but you should use a lot of variation. Be creative.
Secondly, the different advancement lines for the mages-most of them do nothing but change the damage type. Why not, say, give the Fire mage more moves and power but low resist/defence? Something like that. It would be a lot better if the variations changed something other than just damage types.
Third, I would avoid using the dark/fire people as the "evil" nation. No offence, but it sounds way too cliched. (think-Fire Nation from Avatar, dark mages from over 90% of all fantasy) Unless, of course, you plan some plot twists and the nation(s) you thought was(were) evil is(are) actually the good guy(s) or something along those lines. But that is also a little cliched in BfW plots (a little better than the first one i mentioned, though).
Fourth, suppose the Ice guys can recruit the fighters. How do they get fire? I think that the units should be based off the 4 factions (ice fire shadow arcane.) As in, Ice guys get ice guys, etc.
My fifth and final comment-Why dont you use air and earth? I mean, you could probably get some interesting factions if you use them.

Anyways, I think that, with enough work and dedication, this will be a good campaign.
I enjoy your ideas, even though most of them crossed my mind..I was planning on adding Earth and Air later on an island not to far away...As for the unit thoughts, I'm still working on trying to get a good enough balance with resistance and stuff...And the whole fire and dark being bad is not all of them, trust me on that...I'm actually working on the story, like a written story in my style...I'm going to make it take one of the paths that you can take during the actual campaign..As for everything else, I am more happy to accept people to help me...If you want of course..:P
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

(Is back again)

If you have the story under control, I cannot offer the help I usually do, other than to look over the dialogue just to get an extra set of eyes on it. I can also help with reviewing the code and playtesting any scenarios once you get them finished. And of course, offer advice to what you post up here. :P
mnewton1

Post by mnewton1 »

This is turning out great

We are use this board I made to continue. You will find all the storylines, coding and sprites here. We are using it mainly because it has a chat and so we can be better organized

I can;t wait to see how this turns out
Creator of Ageless Era
Check out Frogatto & Friends, it's made by the same people who created The Battle for Wesnoth!