Northern Rebirth completion

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Drake General

Northern Rebirth completion

Post by Drake General »

If anybody hasn't figured it out by now, I'm not going to be able to finish Northern Rebirth. I don't have the experience, or the time. Plus, programming has lost it's hold of my interest. So, I have no idea who to give over what Taurus said to me.(Unless Taurus returned from whatever he disappeared to. In that case, he's most likely taken back over.)
I don't rock the world.
How can I rock the world if I don't understand all of it?
Turuk
Sithslayer

Re: Northern Rebirth completion

Post by Turuk »

What exactly did he give over to you? The details to finish out the rest of the campaign, touch up the missing pieces?
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Drake General

Post by Drake General »

He told me how he had planned to finish it, and how many scenario's, how he wanted pretty much everything. I could show the message he sent me, if that would help.
I don't rock the world.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

More for everyone than just myself, if people know what exactly is left to do, to fill out and finish, you might get the interest of those who are like, hmm, I could do that, or that portion at least.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Mica

Post by Mica »

I think what Turuk's idea partially is is to bring out into the public what work he wanted done. That way those of us who want to help but can't fully maintain it and may only be able to do a thing here or there can help.
Mica says one who cheats, cheats himself.

You are an Elvish Shyde - Beautiful, natural, and helpful, though sometimes under-appreciated.
Drake General

Post by Drake General »

Fine with me.
You got the general idea that it comes back around to killing Rakshas in the end, and that Tallin continues to practice neocramacy. However, I had a bit of a different outline in mind. Mind you, this is not eched in stone, so it is open to a bit of bending:

A Misunderstanding:

Medium scenario. You start with very little gold, but have a fair amount of villages - allowing you to build up your army in the clasic multiplayer style.

When Tallin and his forces leave the cave they are confronted with a group of elves lead by Hidel. Seeing the undead sallying from the cave Hidel immedietly orders his forces to attack, calling upon the very forest itself (woses) to assist them. In the end they are utterly crushed, but Tallin, not wanting more bloodshed spares Hidel's life.

The Raid:

Similar scenario to 'Elvish Princess' in the other branch. Start with a moderate amout of gold (built up from last scenario) and face a traditional 'recruiting' enemy, as well as a bunch of strong, well entrenched gaurds which you have to cut through to get to your objective.

Tallin is curious as to what the elves are doing this far west so sends a Nightgaunt/Shadow/Sceptre/Ghost (from your recall list) to shadow Hidel as he joins up with Sisal - who was leading a small detached scouting group. He learns about Anita's capture by the orcs, and that the elves now have no other option to pay the ransom demanded by Rakshas for her release - since most of their forces had been destroyed (courtasy of Tallin). Not wanting to feed that much gold to the orcs, Tallin storms the fortress himself and frees the princess. The princess - being versed in the arts of elvish lore - recognieses the Rod of Justice and explains to the rest of the surviving elves that Tallin must be - in essnece - a good guy otherwise he wouldn't be able to weild the Rod of Justice. Thus enlightened they join forces.

Attacking from Behind:

Large Scenario. Tallin gets a sizable chunk of gold from the Elves, which was ment as ransom for the princess - thus he is able to size a large army. Since most of the elvish forces were massicred earlier, he doesen't get to recruit elves, but he does get Hidel and Sisal recalled on his side.

Tallin now takes the fight to the orcs who are laing siege to the gates of Knalga (Talin's friends have been able to accomplish pretty much what you do in the main branch by the scenario 'Old Friend'). Tallin hits them hard from behind. Taking advantage of this the Dwarves and the people from Dwarven Doors sally and thus the orcs are caught in a double pronged assult. In the end the orcs are crushed and scattered, but Rakshas manages to escape to his fortress (same one in Showdown) and begins to regroup.

Showdown:

Very Large Scenario. Perhaps they loot the orcish camps in the scenarios before so you start with a serious amount of gold. Since this is the final showdown, pull out all stops. Let's have some blood and gore here! I am not decided on the exact tatical situation here, Tallin deffinatley continues to recruit his undead minions. Perhaps they catch the orcs in a triplicate assult - The dwarves attacking from the northwest, the humans from the northeast, and Tallin with his undead from the south.

Anita's sister Elenia had been freed when the peple of dwarven doors defeated Malifor. With her knowlege of the Rod of Justice (since she also is versed in elvish lore) and with Anita's testamony, she manges to convince the dwarves and humans of Tallin's goodness and innocence. Then they all pack up and march to Raksha's fortress for the big showdown.

Epilogue:

Dialoge Scenario - You know the drill.

The end in this branch should be similar to the end in the main branch. The Northern Alliance is formed with Tallin - as weilder of the Rod of Justice at their head. Father Marcus and Sister Theta, who have been helping the dwarves and humans all along (and regenerting) become advisors. Elenia goes back to the elvish lands along with Hidel and Sisal - provided they survive. Alfred (if he is still alive) gets returned to wherever he came from courtasy of Father Marcus. And then of course, Anita and Tallin - having fallen in love somewhere along the line - get married and they all live happily ever after :-)
It's a little long, but you most likely guessed some of it.
I don't rock the world.