The Thunderhead Raider - Goblin Campaign

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Akkarin345

Re: The Thunderhead Raider - Goblin Campaign

Post by Akkarin345 »

I don't think goblins are smart enough to know to destroy bridges.

Then again if you wanted to be really picky i'm sure you could go through loads of campaigns and find small faults IMO

If you need any help writing some scenarios give me a mail :)
Migrant

Post by Migrant »

Ah. itll probably take me a bit longer than i first expected to get this done as my classes are starting again next week. :)

I tend to get tired of wesnoth rather quickly, but after some time not playing i always come back to it. So next time im back ill put some more into this campaign...

Cheers.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

I won't do all the work for you but if you want some help i could give you a hand here and there. Like do the maps etc but you'd have to do the coding or other way around. Something like that.
Migrant

Post by Migrant »

I could finish the coding for the first scenario (which has the longer code...) and ive got most of the other maps finished if you want to help out with some coding :)

How could I send them to you?
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

Well i have a project at the moment so i can do maps best in my free time for wesnoth at the moment, do you know how many scenarios you are having definantly?
Migrant

Post by Migrant »

Im probably just having the 5 scenarios i set out with.
scenario 1 - Pashalik Mon (your leader) must kill the current goblin king to become king himself. (90% finished)
scenario 2 - You lead a raid in a nearby village (opposition is mainly peasants / ruffians and woodsmen). When you win the imperial army shows up and the goblins must run (pikemen, archers, and lvl 1 storm troopers, leader is lvl 2 captain / general, whatever). (map and basic scenario file only)
scenario 3 - Goblins must run over mountains and river. On the other side they find and "domesticate" wolves. Wolf rider becomes available to recruit and they must defeat the human army. (map only)
scenario 4 - Goblins become confident with their new mounts and try to attack an elven caravan (mostly lvl1 elves, depending on difficulty chosen). After defeating the elves, (storyline only, show how) the goblins run into a strong group of orcs (lvl 2 units) who had planned to raid the same caravan. Orcs try to "enslave" the goblins again and goblins must run.(scenario ends with elves defeated, rest is storyline only). (map only)
scenario 5 - Ending scenario. (not started)
Up to you if you want to do some stuff for it or not. :)
Ill only be focusing some attention on it in the weekends at most from now on.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

I think you could have 7 or something? Because after getting the wolves you don't really get that long with them imo.
Migrant

Post by Migrant »

I guess there could be a fight off against the orcs between scenarios 4 and 5... or did u have other ideas?
I'm not very fond of the idea suggested before of the "taming the wolves" scenario, as scenario 3 is quite dependent on that... else they wouldn't be able to fight off the human pursuers.
Fighting undead would SUCK with goblins as they don't have any impact or holy weapons to beat the skeletons (though the Pillager does have fire/impact), unless the undead fight with only Walking Corpses, Ghosts, Bats and Ghouls, of course.
It would be funny to make a scenario where this necromancer and his apprentice come to attack your goblin village to harvest some souls to fight for them, and you must fight the necromancers off xD. HINT - Descent into Darkness. He he he.

What I'm thinking for the ending is that all parties they encountered with come charging back at once and they get stuck between elves, humans and orcs attacking them. (goblins in centre of scenario with foes at the corners). Considering you only have a very limited amount of troops and that even the wolf riders aren't very powerful, it should be quite a challenging ending...
On the upside, elves, humans and orcs aren't very friendly either, so they'd be fighting one another as well.

Is there a way to get the AI to charge the human player first, and only worry about other AI enemies if they get too close?
Migrant

Post by Migrant »

Hmm, im having a bit of trouble with the code:

Code: Select all

[event]
		name=start
		[message]
			x,y=16,15
			message= _ "Son, go to the castle! Warn the guards and get help!"
		[/message]
		[message]
			x,y=16,16
			message= _ "Yes sir!"
		[/message]
		[message]
			x,y=16,15
			message= _ "Make Haste!"
		[/message]
		{MOVE_UNIT x,y=16,16 1 21}
		[objectives]
			side=1
			[objective]
				description= _ "Kill the village leader"
				condition=win
			[/objective]
			[objective]
				description= _ "Death of Pashalik Mons"
				condition=lose
			[/objective]
			[objective]
				description= _ "The guard arrives"
				condition=lose
			[/objective]
		[/objectives]
	[/event]
This is meant to make the unit at 16,16 ("Son") move to 1,21. But the unit is being 'teleported' there instead of walking there witht he normal animation. I've tried it with other units, too and the same is happening, but in another scenario I had managed this kind of unit movement normaly with the same {MOVE_UNIT} macro...

Any guesses anyone? It could be due to this being in the scenario start event tag, and for some reason not showing the movement...

Cheers,
Migrant
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

as for the taming of the wolves... they far outpace goblin spearmen. put about 3 wolves on the map and the only thing you can recruit is goblin spearmen (the leader has ordered not to kill them)

give the wolf side EXTREMELY high caution. and then write up some WML that causes the wolves to change sides when hit by a goblin spearman.

the map SHOULD end when there are no more enemies left right? if not make a variable num_Wolves=0 then every wolf you capture increment it by one. then when it equals 3 VICTORY!

this way you have to work on cornering them and NOT killing anything. if i was the wolves and you killed ma leader that would just make me mad. + in real life they would all run away at the death of the alpha male, regroup, pick a new one.

i dont think any animal, not even wolves would willingly put up with goblins. there needs to be a clear line between the wild ones and the ones that have been captured and the offspring torchered as pups to be stupid and subserviant.
Akkarin345

Post by Akkarin345 »

then again .... this is fantasy if you look at Stephen Donaldson he writes about a special type of horse that picks its rider. It doesn't have to be like in real life.

Also i think you shoudl add some lv 2 goblin spearmen otherwise a army of lv 1's is too weak to kill anything really...
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

well you dont want to kill the wolves you want to take them so...

make that a lost condition. killing a wolf.