A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

tapik
Code Contributor

Re: A New Order (ANO) campaign - version 1.1.6

Post by tapik »

doofus-01 wrote:I just downloaded it and grepped for farmer_girl2.png in the .cfg files and did not find it used anywhere. I did brush up the portrait a bit, so if it is needed, I think this is a slightly better version. If it is not needed, oh well.

EDIT: And I see the "classy" image is in the released version. Just as well that it isn't actually used.
Thanks, but there are two farmer girls in the campaign. Both of them do not fight - they were simply abducted and they have to be liberated.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

OK, I think I get their role now. All the more reason to remove the Boob Princess image. Here are two portraits, I removed the staff from the one I'd posted earlier.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
tapik
Code Contributor

Post by tapik »

doofus-01 wrote:OK, I think I get their role now. All the more reason to remove the Boob Princess image. Here are two portraits, I removed the staff from the one I'd posted earlier.
Thanks, in the next release they will be there.
Wesnothu ZDAR!
Czech l10n team member
A New Order maintainer
Delfador's Memoirs
szopen

Post by szopen »

Do you still need original art from ANO? I found some more pictures, though for Reme I have only original scan, and I couldn't find the colored version.
"Even when the Slav is gay the effort is often evident" -- P. R. RADOSAVLJEVICH
David_GG

Post by David_GG »

Hi all from Spain. this is my first post so sorry for all mistakes.

i havent even finished the campaing but im very please of it, in fact its the second no mainline campaing that i play, but after read all this historylike-post, i get much more amazed and started to think about colaborate with wesnoth development.

The only thing that I can apport to this campaignd is about sound, tapick and the ones who are involved in that side could tell me what is needed as Im completely new to Wesnoth develop and a total Lammer with code and that stuff.

To start with something, i got two background tracks, made for a local video game company, that could pitch the akladians feeling ( i always saw even in the names some "hispanic rude" influence). I got the license of it so its no problem about, but i need advice about what to do with those files.
i currently play v1.8 over XP and i have notice that many scenarios doesnt have background music, as well there`s some lacks on fighting FX sound. I can generate that content but dont know what to do with it, formats needed etc, (just starting to read on music develop forum but decided to directly goes to a campaing support cause i cant afford the learning curve).

I know sound its always the last but if you think all that make any sense just contact.

About issues and bugs i just find the first error on Okladian scenario, when i go to the south post, after save the scenario appears:

Escenario desconocido: <<ano_21bride>>(spanish)

Unknown scenary: <<ano_21bride>>.

the game crash to the main menu.....

Also about localization, many texts are not Spanish translated yet, some of them are, i think its not much relevant (could be the last) but just to give the feedback from spanish side.

Thank you very much to all who are created and mantained this campaing. The credit list (and the scheduling of it) is so nice to me.

regards

David GG
szopen

Post by szopen »

David, musi would be great! Currently the campaign is maintained by the Tapik. Please be patient, he may be a bit busy at this moment.
Tet

Post by Tet »

szopen wrote:Do you still need original art from ANO? I found some more pictures, though for Reme I have only original scan, and I couldn't find the colored version.
Most definetely. If there is a way for you to post with reasonable efforts, please do so. The style is not so easy to copy. The problem with some art seems to be the lack of antialiasing (I can not even write it). For some the scaling up worked nicely, but Ruvio and Reme really need extra efforts. Do you have the original story art too?
My Temple Project: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=29800
This is "must-play" campaign! Don´t read the thread, unless you need help. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=31895
szopen

Post by szopen »

Of course I do. I think. There is a problem with Reme, as this was one of first images I did, so i scaled it first before colouring.. Bad thing to do, I know now. I have therefore only scan at high resolution.
yaranov_kaftan.png
akladian_peasant.png
akl-lord.png
szopen

Post by szopen »

Gzipped some more

The "undead.xcf" is by someone else, contributed to ANO. I only colored it.

Man at arrms is not colored and not used.
man_at_arms.png
Attachments
protektor.xcf.gz
(1.59 MiB) Downloaded 262 times
undead.xcf.gz
(281 KiB) Downloaded 289 times
ano_art_2.tar.gz
(1.48 MiB) Downloaded 237 times
ano_art_1.tar.gz
(1.01 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
szopen

Post by szopen »

Arne was supposed to go to Tales of Two brothers, I don't know if it is used there.
Attachments
arne_kolor.png
Malin Keshar

Post by Malin Keshar »

To Tapik and Szopen (and Typhon!) for the best campaign till date. I mean it.

Bug reports (ANO 1.1.98):

- Rob Roe is missing right after the 'Outlaw Place' scenario. I beated him with Gawen -so I can recruit outlaws and the such- but Rob is not in the recall list. (who needs such a looser, anyway? :P)

- please, don't forget to fix AMLA for the "Akladian Lord" unit, so Reme, Reumario et al can fully heal when leveling up in the middle of battle. Replacing

Code: Select all

[advancement]
        max_times=100
        description=_"tough"
        id=tough
        [effect]
            apply_to=hitpoints
            increase_total=3
            increase=3
        [/effect]
        [effect]
            apply_to=max_experience
            increase=50
        [/effect]
    [/advancement]
with

{AMLA_OPTION_TOUGH}
at Akladian_Lord.cfg will do the job.

- Westnoth 1.8 engine no longer allows different units to share the same id. This causes a number of glitches, for example:

(1st) the 'Oracle' scenario doesn't start as "epic" at it was intended. My workaround: commenting out every id="foobar" line at ano-19c.cfg

[unit]
            type=Pikeman
#            id="Oracle's Guard"
            name=_"Oracle's Guard"
            x=14
            y=21
            ai_special=guardian
            [modifications]
                {TRAIT_INTELLIGENT}
                {TRAIT_RESILIENT}
            [/modifications]
        [/unit]
        [unit]
            type=Pikeman
            name=_"Oracle's Guard"
            x=15
            y=19
            hitpoints=48
            experience=32
            [modifications]
                {TRAIT_STRONG}
                {TRAIT_RESILIENT}
            [/modifications]
        [/unit]
        [unit]
            type=Swordsman
            name=_"Oracle's Guard"
            x=22
            y=19
            hitpoints=48
            experience=24
            [modifications]
                {TRAIT_STRONG}
                {TRAIT_RESILIENT}
            [/modifications]
        [/unit]

# etcetera, etcetera, etcetera.
(2nd) the four Elvish Shamans I picked at 'The Preparations' scenario, aka ano-15a.cfg, started vanishing one after the other at every reload. My answer was opening ano_macros.cfg and comment out a pair of lines.

#define TRAIT_IF NUMBER TRAITDESC TRAIT1 TRAIT2 TYPE DESC SIDE X Y
    [if]
        [variable]
            name=random
            equals={NUMBER}
        [/variable]
        [then]
            [unit]
                side={SIDE}
                type={TYPE}
#                id={DESC}
#                name={DESC}
                upkeep=full
                x={X}
                y={Y}
                [modifications]
                    {TRAIT1}
                    {TRAIT2}
                [/modifications]
            [/unit]
        [/then]
    [/if]
#enddef
But beware! That's a QUICK and DIRTY hack, which POTENTIALLY could cause trouble somewhere else.

- the engine can't find the graphics for the orcish shaman units, because of the wrong paths at foobar_Orcish_Shaman.cfg

[unit_type]
    id=Orcish Shaman
    name= _ "Orcish Shaman"
    race=orc
    image="units/orcish-shaman-red.png"

#    Malin Keshar says: it should be 
#    image="units/orcs/orcish-shaman-red.png"

- "loyalization" of the elven units Elorain and Milildur is not triggering. I bet the problem comes from elvish_macros.cfg

[event]
        name=recruit
#	 Malin Keshar says: it should be
#        name=recall
#    doesn't it?
         [filter]
            id=Milildur
        [/filter]
        {VARIABLE_OP ano_milildur_recruited add 1}
        {IF ano_milildur_recruited equals 5}
        dummy="Note for translators: The message 'I fought with you so many battles..' etc will be speaked by both male, Milildur, and Elorain, female. Make it gender neutral."
        {MESSAGE (Milildur) (portraits/milildur.png) () _"My lord, I fought with you so many battles.. I can accept money from you no more. Please, treat me like a friend, not like a hired soldier."}
        {MAKE_LOYAL (description) (Milildur)}
        {ELSE}
        {END_IF}
    [/event]
    [event]
        name=recruit
#	 Malin Keshar says again: it should be
#        name=recall
#    doesn't it?
        [filter]
            id=Elorain
        [/filter]
        {VARIABLE_OP ano_elorain_recruited add 1}
        {IF ano_elorain_recruited equals 5}
        {MESSAGE (Elorain) (portraits/elorain.png) () _"My lord, I fought with you so many battles.. I can accept money from you no more. Please, treat me like a friend, not like a hired soldier."}
        {MAKE_LOYAL (description) (Elorain)}
        {ELSE}
        {END_IF}
    [/event]
- as David GG said, game crashes at the beginning of the 'Abducted Bride' scenario. Looks like somebody forgot to update the reference at ano-20.cfg. Edited it and works OK.

#BRIDE SCENARIO
    [event]
        {MOVETO 3 22 (Gawen Hagarthen)}
        first_time_only=no
        {IF ano_bride_visited equals no}
        {MSGOPTI2 (Ruvio) (portraits/ruvio.png) (_"So, should we go that way?")
        (_"Yes, definitely.") (yes)
        (_"Well, maybe not.") (no)
        }
        {IF ano_opt equals yes}
        {NEXT_SCENARIO_CONTINUE 21_Abducted_Bride}
        {ELSE}
        {END_IF}
        {ELSE}
        {MSG_Ruvio _"My lord, we already were in that place"}
        {END_IF}
    [/event]
- earlier this week I've been busy updating ANO Catalan translation. The engine fails to deliver the translation of a single line at ano-23macros.cfg:

{MSGm_Gawen _"I hope that with this {NAME} helping us this wouldn't be as difficult as it could be, but we still should be prepared for serious losses."}
I'd suggest to change it to:

{MSGm_Gawen (_"I hope that with this " + {NAME} + _" helping us this wouldn't be as difficult as it could be, but we still should be prepared for serious losses.")}
Advocating:
*Overall, the balance of the Akladian faction seems to be a tad dated to say the least. Suggested changes:

1.) Beef up their HP and trim back their resistances.(If this does not have the desired effect I'll revert their resistances to their stronger, original values, and perhaps beef up their HP again.)
2.) Change the Akladians to gaining 2 traits instead of 1. A( mere 25% chance of getting the "strong" trait is unacceptable for a melee only faction.)
3.) Add a few ranged attacks to some of the units. (The clansmen might get a sling, perhaps add a slinger line to the Clansman's advancement list. The Raider line looks prime for a net attack) Now I don't imagine them as a bow-weilding society, but a few thrown weapons on some of the units, and perhaps a ranged attack or two in the AMLA options of some of the units. The spirit of the idea is, Akladians ought to remain light on the ranged attacks, but they ought to have a few.
No, no and no! Please, pretty please, don't listen to Zachron! The point of the campaign if beating the crap out of Akladian foes (and their ocassional orcish ally). If you power up their faction they will crush my underling troops! :P
David_GG

Post by David_GG »

Just finished campaing, without any other mayor issue, but a strange one related to sound again....
When i load a previous game it is still sounding the menu background music.

Just to give a feedback, i think its one of the three best campaings i have ever play. Perfectly balanced in terms of intermediate level campaing and at least at normal level. The new akladian race its amazing to create new strategies, and despite what some people think i found them perfect as they are now.

About the story: the childs issue its so predictible, maybe i will hide a bit the "drunk night" scene. and also i found it perfet to make another history after its end.

Congratulations to all who are contributing to mantain this campaing.

About my BSO´s I´m still waiting for tapik´s word , and while, im starting to read in music forum.

regards

david
JuCFruit

Post by JuCFruit »

Congrats on the great campaign, but I have found a bug. I got to the crossroads scenario, saved Reme, then went to Barnon, I think, the one south. Anyway, when i interogated the orc, I retreated but I got the error
Unknown scenario: 'ano_13'

If you could fix that sometime, that would be great, otherwise, awesome campaign.

I continued because I decided to kill all leaders, but now I am stuck. On the level 'The Oracle'
I can not get to my allies in time. The outlaws and orcs attack them right away, and then I am stuck trying to get to them but then my allies are dead. Sorry for pestering you. :P
If you're going downhill, you might as well ride.
Darkmage
Translator

Post by Darkmage »

Well, I know I am pretty mad, but I will try to translate the campaign into spanish, I visited the following webpage: http://svn.berlios.de/viewvc/wescamp-i1 ... r/po/es.po and I copied the content into a blank file, I think I can do the translations with that(I also visited the wiki relationed with the translations). Do I need to contact anybody to inform about this?

BTW, I am conscious of the length of the file, but I will try my best for it.

PS: If there's already a translator, or any other issue, tell and I just stop with this.
Feufochmar

Post by Feufochmar »

Do I need to contact anybody to inform about this?
I don't know how the spanish translation team works, but you can find some contact and information here.