The dark hordes

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

pihlstrom

Re: The dark hordes

Post by pihlstrom »

I downloaded the version on your reply (the drawing is different from the version of the wes.server).I had the problem with your last version.
PIRUET
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Hmm, yes it seems like that map is missing a starting location for side 1... never finished confrontation myself.

Give me a minute to fix it.

EDIT: Okay, I just edited the map and committed the fix. Haven't tested it, but it *should* work.
pihlstrom

Post by pihlstrom »

I have tried again .Not the complete scenario.Just from the last turn of "The confrontation" and it is still not working.May be I have to download again your new file?
Now I have the same problem wuth the position of the leader.
PIRUET
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Yes, you have to download from sourceforge again, as that's where I updated it. You'll then have to start from either the start-of-scenario save or the last autosave of the previous one.

Unfortunately though I'm about the closest thing to a maintainer The Dark Hordes has, I don't have its pbl file. (well, along with the rest of the people on wesnoth-umc-dev)
pihlstrom

Post by pihlstrom »

What do you mean.I have to download again the Wesnoth application (where is a new version of TDH ?) or only TDH but in this case where is the link to download?
Thanks you for answer
PIRUET
MeesterDaan

Post by MeesterDaan »

Yessssss, I found it!

Thank you, AI. It is usually this kind of minor stuff that puts beginners through a lot of s***, effectively ruining gameplay.

Are you also the maintainer of The Dark Hordes? Although there is still room for improvement I really like the campaign up til now.

Daan
MeesterDaan

Post by MeesterDaan »

One more question: so that automatically means that when you search your file system, all hidden files and directories are skipped?

EDIT: I'm afraid it's still not working. I deleted the file "The_Dark_Hordes.cfg" and renamed the old dark hordes directory to put the new one in its place, but the error I'm getting is "ERROR In-gameplay error: unclear unit type 'Initiate' ".

(translated from Japanese)

Also, the pictogram for the dark hordes in the campaign selection window appears to have changed.

Daan
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Ah, sorry, the SVN version is for trunk (the 1.5 line) and though the scenarios are (mostly) fine, the unit definitions aren't compatible.

I'll look into creating a backport.

EDIT: Backport is now working, though some features (like names and descriptions) are still missing. The latest version can always be downloaded from svn.
pihlstrom

Post by pihlstrom »

O.K now I reach the next scenario."Underground"
My leader is alone and cannot recruit.I tried ten times but he cannot stay alive .Is it normal or something wrong?
Where is Tanar
PIRUET
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

It worked fine here.

I'll give it some more testing when I get the time.
MeesterDaan

Post by MeesterDaan »

Allright AI, I'll try that later. Thanks again.

So are you the developer of the Dark Hordes?

Daan
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

Just a maintainer, I didn't write the thing or anything. Just patched it up to work with recent versions.

Here's a link to the credits file.
MeesterDaan

Post by MeesterDaan »

Well thanks for patching then, and helping out on this forum.

Cheers,

Daan
AI
Developer

Post by AI »

I tried again and it worked again.

Can you see if it still occurs and if it does, save the game and attach the save here?
Angry Andersen

Post by Angry Andersen »

@AI: I offered my help in maintaining this campaign before the forums crash but never got a reply. I would still be willing to contribute something every now and then, if I can and may.