need help getting my first campaign to work

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Strikur

need help getting my first campaign to work

Post by Strikur »

i've been playing wesnoth for about a month or so now, and it's a fun game so i'm trying to make my own little campaign now.

i plan to have somewhere around 4-5 scenarios, centered around a drake/elf conflict.

i've read most of the stuff in the "create" section of the wiki, and have read several files in the mainline campaigns and a couple user created ones as well, and have made my first scenario.

my campaign directory looks like this:
data/campaigns/jon_campaign/scenarios/01_First_Scenario.cfg
01_First_Scenario.cfg
(1.74 KiB) Downloaded 162 times
data/campaigns/jon_campaign/maps/map1.cfg
map1.map
(6.62 KiB) Downloaded 168 times
data/campaigns/jon_campaign.cfg
jon_campaign.cfg
(333 Bytes) Downloaded 146 times
my campaign appears in the list as "-test campaign", and when i try to run it, it stops about halfway through with an error message. "Error - Unknown scenario: '01_First_Scenario'"

i can't figure out what i did wrong, so if somebody could help me out it would be greatly appreciated.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Re: need help getting my first campaign to work

Post by zookeeper »

You aren't including the scenario .cfg's anywhere in your jon_campaign.cfg. The only thing which happens automatically is that your jon_campaign.cfg is read when the game starts: the game will never know any other .cfg file you might have in jon_campaign/ even exists (except if you'd be using jon_campaign/_main.cfg instead of jon_campaign.cfg), unless that file gets included in jon_campaign.cfg (either directly or in some another .cfg file included therein).

Tip: download some campaign, like Attack of the Undead, from the add-on server and mimic what they do. Mainly the stuff involving and inside of #ifdef MYCAMPAIGNNAME.
Strikur

Re: need help getting my first campaign to work

Post by Strikur »

yay it's working now, thanks a bunch :D