The Cavalier Chronicles

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Grand Marshal Aditya

The Cavalier Chronicles

Post by Grand Marshal Aditya »

I am starting a campaign called the Cavalier Chronicles. I felt that cavalrymen branches are ignored in campaigns so here's a tribute to the noble Cavalier.

It is the story of the rise and fall of the greatest horse lord of Wesnoth.

He starts as a peasant farmer's son and you and he work his way to greatness. There will be lots of story-only scenarios, where he will be wheeling and dealing with others in his quest for political power.

Eventually, he will fall tragically, and his great tragic flaw, his greed for power, will get the better of him...

So, what do you guys think?

If anyone wants to help, please do let me know. I am teaching myself WML as I make the campaign... :hmm:
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Guidrion

Re: The Cavalier Chronicles

Post by Guidrion »

It seems to be a nice idea. I like the political part of your storyline. Sometimes, the campaign are a bit too simple.
Unfortunately, I'm not better in WML than you(The way to the North is also my training campaign), so I won't be able to help you. :hmm:

I might help you for the scenario if you want. :wink:
"There is no difference between good or bad but thinking makes it so"
William Shakespeare.
Grand Marshal Aditya

Alright then, when I finish a scenario, I'll start posting for you to check it out. :)
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
Guidrion

Post by Guidrion »

Very well. I hope I will be useful. :D
"There is no difference between good or bad but thinking makes it so"
William Shakespeare.
Ratha Shadar

Post by Ratha Shadar »

I love the idea. If you need help with anything... well actually I'm probably not the guy to ask. I'm really a bit more like a walking dictionary/literary expert. Still, I'll keep watch on this thread. If it is within my power to answer, I shall (not much is in my power). If not, other people read these forums with more knowledge than I.

It sounds interesting. I await it eagerly.
Stealing other peoples signatures since 1904 CE.
Grand Marshal Aditya

I have finished four scenarios.
The first two are all dialog...the next two get into some action.

Unfortunately, my stuff is on another computer, which doesn't have internet connection.

Once I get it from there, I'll post it for feedback :D .
Grand Marshal Aditya

I have finished the first four scenarios.

Here it is. I would appreciate help from an artist.

Any help welcome.
Attachments
The_Cavalier_Chronicles.zip
(701.89 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
vicza

Post by vicza »

Grand Marshal Aditya wrote:I have finished the first four scenarios.
I don't know why, but in the 4th scenario (actually, the first one when the hero has a castle for recruiting) he can't recruit anyone. Only recall. The recruiting menu simply doesn't appear (BfW 1.4.1+svn, Linux).

Besides, in the recalling menu there are two peasants named Lisander. Was it intentional, or you just forget about them? :wink:
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

You may wish to take a look at the unstopable legion campain, it is cavalry based (thought not specificaly cavalrymen)
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
Grand Marshal Aditya

I have no idea why it won't let you recruit any more...

Now, about the recall, one of my helpers has fixed it. I just didn't have the time thus far.

It is now fixed. I will check out some stuff and post again.