(potential) EoM campaigns

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DDR

(potential) EoM campaigns

Post by DDR »

I was thinking of developing a few small campaigns for the EE era. I was going to work on delvlings first, but... has any work been done on this before? Is there a history of them? I tried search, but I did not find anything useful.

Thanks,
DDR
Last edited by DDR on February 17th, 2008, 9:39 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Devlings are EoM. I was considering starting a Devlings campaign once and even came up with a(n unofficial) backstory for them, but EoM was too under construction for me to start...
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Re: (potential) EE campaign

Post by Espreon »

DDR wrote:I was thinking of developing a few small campaigns for the EE era. I was going to work on delvlings first, but... has any work been done on this before? Is there a history of them? I tried search, but I did not find anything useful.

Thanks,
DDR
Well then if you are creative then its a good thing the Devlings have no history as you can make up a history of them.
DDR

Post by DDR »

Aethaeryn wrote:Devlings are EoM.
Oops.

Well, this is an inauspicious start.

Anyhow, thanks for the info. I am a bad author, but a decent storyteller - I will create a bit of backstory for the lil' beggars. :)
Aethaeryn
Translator

Post by Aethaeryn »

Here's what I came up with:
For many centuries, there was a world deep underground with flowing rivers of lava that provided the only source of light. This underworld was a place of constant war and over time demonic creatures proved the supreme ruler of the land. Internal fighting, however, lead to instability and soon the entire world started collapsing into the lava.

Two noble leaders gathered up the survivors of the catastrophes and decided that they must move up to the surface world. After fighting many strange and exotic monsters, they finally saw the light of the surface. The massive hordes prepared to conquer everything in their path to make a new home for their people...
Note that as Devlings have multiple units per hex except for the overgrown, the main characters were going to be one unit - blasphemists.

The idea is that when they came to the surface, they found that they weren't so big and tough after all, and they fight their way away from Wesnoth to the southeast area where EoM is located.
Aethaeryn (User Page)
Wiki Moderator (wiki)
Latin Translator [wiki=Latin Translation](wiki)[/wiki]
Maintainer of Thunderstone Era (wiki) and Aethaeryn's Maps [wiki=Aethaeryn's Maps](wiki)[/wiki]
DDR

Post by DDR »

That sounds good. A challenge here will be writing dialog for 2 or 3 units that speak as one. :lol:
Karo

Post by Karo »

They wouldn't have to speak as one. They could argue with each other. :P

By the way, DDR, perhaps you should change the thread title to EoM Campaigns?
DDR

Post by DDR »

oooohhh yeah. :oops:

Good idea, Karo.
Chris13

Re: (potential) EoM campaigns

Post by Chris13 »

I was thinking of a Therian (Shifter) campaign where a small group of falcon shifters fly over the earthquake chasm and make contact with Wesnoth this leads to a GIANT bridge being built or something like that. I'm referring to this chasm
JW wrote: Here is also a rudimentary history of the Shifters:

During the years 250-290 settlers venture into the areas south of Wesnoth and adapt to their new environment and fight to stabilize their population in several communities.

In 276 a massive earthquake tears a rift in the ground effectively seperating the Shifters from the rest of their Wesnoth bretheren.

From 290-330 there is relative peace and minds are left the luxury to ponder the world around them.

From 330-365 schools are created to teach the younger generations.

From 365-422 the study of the discipline of magic is a focal point of all southern communities

In 422 the Wise Mickkel discovers the art of shapeshifting in his studies.

From 422-460 Mickkel shares his discovery with the surrounding communities and the practice spreads like wildfire becoming the focal point of most magical studies.
Velensk
Multiplayer Contributor

Post by Velensk »

Read the main Era of Myth thread for the story that was recently declared offical for the Era of Myths. It happens on it's own world, entirely seprate from the one Wesnoth is on, and the therians got there through a portal, the portal was destroyed after they arrived. This was so long ago that everyone has forgoten about it except the windsong who recorded the construction and destruction of the portal, and have these records buried in their great library.
"There are two kinds of old men in the world. The kind who didn't go to war and who say that they should have lived fast died young and left a handsome corpse and the old men who did go to war and who say that there is no such thing as a handsome corpse."
theprophetgamer
Location: My personal AT-TE(getting washed at the Bay of Pearls)

Post by theprophetgamer »

Stupid question for my very first post. Try as I might, I cannot DL the Era of Myths. It gets about 1/3 of the way through before the host connection cuts. Any other way I can DL it?
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Drakefriend

Post by Drakefriend »

Where is this official background story? I cannot find it!
After far too long an absence, I have returned.
According to the quiz 100% Silver Mage (85% Archmage, 75% Shyde, 67% Flameheart and Ancient Wose,58% Assassin, Troll Warrior and Berserker). And my top score is exactly how I see myself.
theprophetgamer
Location: My personal AT-TE(getting washed at the Bay of Pearls)

Post by theprophetgamer »

elvish_sovereign wrote:@theprophetgamer http://addons.wesnoth.org/1.8/
Tried that. When it's all Unzipped and added, all the other campaigns disappear! Still in the data folder, just not appearing in-game. And EoM STILL doesn't appear!
monochromatic

Post by monochromatic »

Did you add it in the right place? What OS are you using? What version of Wesnoth?