New Campaign: Taming of the Wild

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wsultzbach

New Campaign: Taming of the Wild

Post by wsultzbach »

I've been developing a new campaign called Taming of the Wild. It is set from 122-123 YW and deals with the creation of the city-state of Elensefar. I haven't made any maps or written any code yet, but I have written a pretty extensive outline which I thought I'd post here for comment before putting time and energy into making maps and writing code.
Attachments
TotW storyboard.zip
(2.29 KiB) Downloaded 132 times
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?
Thrawn
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Thrawn »

I like it. Not being a Wesnoth history buff, I can't comment from their, but the story is very interesting, from the .txt!
...please remember that "IT'S" ALWAYS MEANS "IT IS" and "ITS" IS WHAT YOU USE TO INDICATE POSSESSION BY "IT".--scott

this goes for they're/their/there as well
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Thrawn wrote:I like it. Not being a Wesnoth history buff, I can't comment from their, but the story is very interesting, from the .txt!
I went on what information there was on the wesnoth timeline.
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesnothHistory
santi
Lord of Wesmere

Post by santi »

As far as I know, Taming of the wild is a military campaign by the kings
of Wesnoth to clear areas in between, set sometimes after the orcs second invasion is stopped(and profiting from both orcish and elvish civil wars according to Legend of Wesmere -which explains the lack or serious resistance) Meneldur is in Turin's campaign Saving Elensafar. Is he the same?
Also, it is probably not the right time for Elensafar to become independent, much less for humans and elves to mingle(in Saving Elensafar EMeneldur is and elf)
and also the friendly undead in Isle of the Damned sound like a huge mystery. The campaign could be interesting, but the title and time perios may need to be reconsidered
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

santi wrote:As far as I know, Taming of the wild is a military campaign by the kings
of Wesnoth to clear areas in between, set sometimes after the orcs second invasion is stopped(and profiting from both orcish and elvish civil wars according to Legend of Wesmere -which explains the lack or serious resistance) Meneldur is in Turin's campaign Saving Elensafar. Is he the same?
Also, it is probably not the right time for Elensafar to become independent, much less for humans and elves to mingle(in Saving Elensafar EMeneldur is and elf)
and also the friendly undead in Isle of the Damned sound like a huge mystery. The campaign could be interesting, but the title and time perios may need to be reconsidered
Well, on the wesnoth timeline, Meneldur is a sailor from Elensefar and the undead help them out. Yes, I believe Turin created Meneldur.
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

Okay, I've realized this campaign is pretty much the same story as Saving Elensefar, my bad.
pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

The Wesnoth Timeline is what was gathered from various campaigns ...

So think of new events, which would fit in the timeline, but are not yet there, when developing some campaign.

You may look at the time before this - for example, the creation of the city some time before, or how Meneldur got thrown out by the elves.