The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Thanks a lot I'll put it in the next update.

Here is the unit tree Ihave done so far. I plan on frankensteining the piscators for the fisher goblins.

The barmaid is a healing unit.
Last edited by gotrek860 on February 13th, 2008, 11:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
db0

Post by db0 »

Hehe, the cutthroat really has a big set of cohones :)

As I said before, post this in the art contributions and ask for feedback
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Of course he has!
"First you get the money, then you get the powa, then you get the wimen...." the cutthroat's motto! :lol: :lol: Or is it "all I have is my balls and I break them for nobody..."
art section? you're pulling my leg? they're a bunch of frankensteins.... I ain't going to expose them to the world of critics.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Update on the unit tree the slum boy branch is to replace the footpad. I like the cutlass on them, a very pirate look. (it's a sidhe body with various bits...).
Attachments
unitreeGL.png
unitreeGL.png (26.19 KiB) Viewed 3220 times
db0

Post by db0 »

I didn't think you'd replace everything :shock:

I think you should keeo some obvious choices from other races for variety. For example, keep the footpad but also have the slumboy and give it some kind of ability to make it different. Perhaps making it a goblin could also be a choice (just to have more goblin option)
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I didn't think you'd replace everything
Not everything...Well for example look at the barmaid , my troops have no healer, the barmaid is the healer though she has no magic attack.
The slumboy is like the footpad, except he 'll use a sword, instead of blunt weapon and probably will have a move advantage.

So far I have 3 orcish/goblin units and two humans branches. I don't think I'll be making many more.
Or maybe I'll make a character to represent Skullcrusha, who is a character but had no indiviual sprite.

I like the barmaid branch don't you? Turin made the base for them I think, I added cleavage and bling bling...oh and the serving tray.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

updated unit tree, I have to finish some attack and defend frames yet. and think up of the slum boy branch stats.

I am not happy with the slum geezer and will probably give him back his sling.
I have modified the fisher goblin so they have a similar look to the cuthroats.
Attachments
unitreeGL.png
unitreeGL.png (28.19 KiB) Viewed 3176 times
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

ok just finished the slumgeezer, he is basically like the slumbloke but with a beard and a better armour.
I have given the slumbloke and slumgeezer ambush ability...but in the city. so they can ambush on pavement or city walls. Pretty neat, I thought, though quiet nerve racking for the guy on the other side. But sicne the guy on the other side, is the AI, do I care, nope.

I know they don't look very ambushy... well that's explained in their description. And capes are a pain to draw.
I think that 'll be it for now on the unit tree, It should be enough for chapter 1 anyway.
I made a few frames for each. apart from the cutthroats and the fisher gobs, I'll get to it tomorrow.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Version 09.1 is out with randomizer done and units incorporated. Same missions but different game...
Oh and since there is a debate about scale somewhere in the forum. In the Griffoon Lads, one sprite, represents one unit. not two , not ten, but one. A house represents...a house and so on.
db0

Post by db0 »

Ok, I thought I mentioned that in my comments but Is see I haven't. You shouldn't put the same type in two different tables. Each table should hold only different units from any other.
If you leave it as it is, it will create problems
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

What do you mean?
db0

Post by db0 »

Don't have the orc mariner in the second and third table
Don't have the goblin fisher in the first and third table
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

thats clear thanks
Fixed! hourray!
db0

Post by db0 »

Ok some points
  • Is the Goblin Fisher supposed to be level 0? It's stats are certainly level 1 worthy. Also, why is its race as orc and not goblin?
  • Why don't your custom units show their profile? Every time I try to view it the game tells me I haven't discovered them yet :-/
  • Your choice of healer seems peculiar. Why do barmaids come out of the bar to help the lads? And how does drinking alcohol heal them? Doesn't make much sense but anyway.