The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Jann

Subdue Aramis

Post by Jann »

yes, as soon as i killed aramis, the defeat-dialog appears.

hope this will be helpful for the troubleshooting.

cu
Jann
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I've got good news, and bad news...good news: might have fixed it , I'll test it tonight.

Bad news: You'll have to redo the scenario.
I'll let you know tomorrow.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok found the bug, it was to do with my death file. it's fixed in the 0.9.2.1 version. Thank you for pointing that problem out. And watch this space for the future adventures of Jaghuar Gorgone!
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
Jann

new bugs

Post by Jann »

Hi,

in the scenarios after aramis, the recruit possibilities are very limited, down to only 1 unit. So its impossible to win.

In the last scenario "showdown" you can only recruit 1 additional unit. then its over with your reinforcement.

And it occurs an "unknown unittype" error. the "saurian_oracle" was not known.

Hope these descritions help you to fix the bugs.

cu
Jann
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

what? Ithought that was sorted out ages ago.
Thanks a lot for pointing it out. (this isn't the last scenario actually...more to go...
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Fixed in 0.9.2.2 Thanks for your help.
By the way any suggestions on the campaign?
Jann

Chapter II

Post by Jann »

Hi,

in the first szenario of chapter II, you get two Jaghuars! You start with one in the castle and you can recruit the second Jaghuar from the previous chapter...

And all fractions fight against each other. As far as i understand the story the saurians should be my ally...

regards
Jann

btw: in general i think the maps are to easy to win, you didn´t get a real challenge.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok that's normal, it's because this chapter II is just a little hint as to what will be. it's not complete work.

All three sides are supposed to fight each other because , in the dialogue it is explained that the saurians are attacking the humans and Jaghuar is trying to calm them both down. You win by beating any of the two leaders.

Ps: did you play on easy or normal?
Because in the first version of the campaign a few people said it was far too difficult that's why I really watered it down.
Jann

Post by Jann »

gotrek860 wrote: Ps: did you play on easy or normal?
Because in the first version of the campaign a few people said it was far too difficult that's why I really watered it down.
I played it on normal. I think your income is to high and so you have not to care about your units. Also the turn limit is no realy a limit ;-)

greetings
Jann
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Yezah on the turn limit, it's my choice, cause I hate to lose when i run out of turns...it's so frustrating. So i let the player take his time like I usually do.
Unnheulu

Post by Unnheulu »

gotrek860 wrote:Yezah on the turn limit, it's my choice, cause I hate to lose when i run out of turns...it's so frustrating. So i let the player take his time like I usually do.
Just removethe limit?
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

thought of that as well, but left it like it is...in another version maybe, it isn't a crucial point.
Compared to the recruiting time limit and the random recruiting it's really a secondary problem.
petebuck

Re: The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Post by petebuck »

Love it. Seriously, great job. Give me more.
chefkoch

Post by chefkoch »

Fun campaign. I can't really give any feedback on the difficulty, for that I like to reload too often...

A few issues I ran into:
The unit that the Orcish Flibustier advances to seems to be missing.

In Troll Patrol it reverted Jaghuar back to level 1 and I couldn't recall any units.That made finishing the mission quite hard. For the next one everything was back to pre epilogue state.

In Protecting the Innocent the game started consuming huge amount of memory. I could barely finish it and while loading the next mission the game crashed. I guess I completely ran out of memory at that point.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

The chapter two is just a preview it should not be regarded as a proper campaign it'san hint into what is to come.
I have noted these bugs and will try to fix them in the coming weeks.

I'll get back to working on this campaign sometime next month or in a couple of weeks. I'm currently busy on other projects irl (re-enactment, work and stuff).

So keep an eye here. :eng: