The Griffoon Lads (updates on first page V. 0.9.2.2 out now!

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

# Is the Goblin Fisher supposed to be level 0? It's stats are certainly level 1 worthy. Also, why is its race as orc and not goblin?
True, but all goblins start as level 0 so I did the same...you think I ought to change it?

# Why don't your custom units show their profile? Every time I try to view it the game tells me I haven't discovered them yet :-/
They do , on my version. which is the one I uploaded. I do not know why they don't on yours. It's strange, when I click on : description in game I get their little story and everything. I included it in their unit.cfg so it should work for everyone.

# Your choice of healer seems peculiar. Why do barmaids come out of the bar to help the lads? And how does drinking alcohol heal them? Doesn't make much sense but anyway.
If you fight outside your tavern they are bound to come out. So they are part of the band.
Beer is good for you, wounds are bad for you...therefore beer cures wounds.
I like barmaids anyway and they are not going. They are the sexiest and most useful healers any faction can have. I wasn't going to give them nuns or wizards...so barmaid it is.
Adn don't tell me a woman with a bareel isn't realistic in combat....cause hereshe is and her as well andfinally her
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
db0

Post by db0 »

gotrek860 wrote:
# Is the Goblin Fisher supposed to be level 0? It's stats are certainly level 1 worthy. Also, why is its race as orc and not goblin?
True, but all goblins start as level 0 so I did the same...you think I ought to change it?
They start at level 0 but they have the stats to match, Yours start at level 0 but have level 1 stats, in effect giving the player a level 1 unit without upkeep.
They do , on my version. which is the one I uploaded. I do not know why they don't on yours. It's strange, when I click on : description in game I get their little story and everything. I included it in their unit.cfg so it should work for everyone.
Strange
If you fight outside your tavern they are bound to come out. So they are part of the band.
Beer is good for you, wounds are bad for you...therefore beer cures wounds.
I like barmaids anyway and they are not going. They are the sexiest and most useful healers any faction can have. I wasn't going to give them nuns or wizards...so barmaid it is.
Adn don't tell me a woman with a bareel isn't realistic in combat....cause hereshe is and her as well andfinally her
Meh, if you want to keep her, keep her. It just seemed peculiar to me.
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Ok I'll bring them up to lvl1 your point is a good one.
For the description bug, I don't know how to fix it since on my game it works.
You like gold? you don't care about Kings or wizards? You hate elves? then be a Griffoon Lad
db0

Post by db0 »

I honestly don't know why the profile does not appear. This only happens for your custom units (Goblin fisher and Orc Mariner). The mainline units and the Extended era units appear normally :-/

Also, why is the goblin fisher so bad in water? I thought that a unit with a profile like that would be better equiped to fighting in swamps and shallow water. It has 30% defense in them however :-/
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Well the mariner is good in swamps so that was unit for that environment.
So giving the fisher a good movement in water as well would have made him rather awesome , since he has a close and ranged attack which slows.
It seemed a lot for one little goblin. It would make him even better than a saurian.
Do you think I should change that?
db0

Post by db0 »

You could probably balance that out by giving him either worse attacks or worse defense in other terrains (like forests and hills). Alternatively, just increase the cost (and don't forget to fix the level and race ;) )
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I think I'll do that, I just hope people dare to recruit him at a higher cost, because it is a really useful unit to have.
I added some attack frames too, did you notice?
db0

Post by db0 »

Not in 0.9.1 you haven't :P
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

it'll wait, you're not missing much... I'll probably redo them they are not very dramatic...
db0

Post by db0 »

Ah, ok, this is why I didn't see the attack frame

instead of image="fishergoblin-attack.png", you've written

Code: Select all

mage="fishergoblin-attack.png"
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

Geez I can never be too careful..Thanx for pointing that out.
kuzao

problem with marketday

Post by kuzao »

hi, i realy enjoy you campaign.
but i have the problem that in the scenario marketday the swords man isnt spawning propperly. as soon as enter the spawning tent i get the message: error while playing the game: game_error: unknown unittype swordsman. swordsman is written small not capital at the beginning. i tryed to reinstall but also to change the marketday.cfg. i tried different things: removing the event, copy the unit swordsman in the units directory or also change the unit to spearman.

the strange thing is what ever i did, when loading savegames from the scenario i got a error message about a faulty marketday.cfg.

as you might have noticed i have no idea about the script language for scenarios so could anybody give me a hint?

my version is 1.3.18 playing on mac os tiger
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

I will look at it right away.
Ok it's been fixed.
I will upload the 9.2 version on in a couple of minutes. You'll just have to download it and restart the scenario because your saves won't work. So for example load the last turn of the scenario before Marketday or load the maketday save. Not a turn save..
Watch this space, I'm currently fixing bits and pieces and getting a chapter two ready. You can also follow the story on the Wesnoth Journal..
Jann

Subdue Aramis

Post by Jann »

Hi,
nice campain to far. In the szenario "an unexpected enemy" is the aim to subdue Aramis.

In turn 18/30 i kill aramis. But doing this, i loose... :-( So whats wrong?

I played wesnoth vers 1.3.18
szenario vers. 0.9.2

Some suggestions?

cu
Jann
gotrek860

Post by gotrek860 »

AH...something wrong, ...I'll take a look, hadn't noticed that one before...
Did the dialogs appear when you killed him?