Return of the Legions (RotL)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

PingPangQui

Return of the Legions (RotL)

Post by PingPangQui »

I've just put my hands on Return of the Legions - a very nice campaign originally made by zookeeper (see also here)

So far the first five scenarios of the first chapter (eight scenarios) have been ported to the development branch. The campaign is now available from the add-on server. However in order to being able to pay, you'll either have to install the svn version of Wesnoth or wait for 1.3.14 to be released. It doesn't work properly with 1.3.13. I don't know if it works with other 1.3.x, haven't tested that.

For news and more information please visit my userpage.

Comments and suggestions are much appreciated. If you encounter problems or want to help developing RotL please contact me through this thread or preferably via pm.
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Version 0.3.1 released. All eight scenarios of the first chapter are working now. Still some bugs - please see my userpage for more details.
The Clan Antagonist.

"Larry the Cow was a bit frustrated at the current state of Linux distributions (...) until he tried Gentoo Linux" - Free Software for free people.
db0

Post by db0 »

Very interesting. How did I miss this thread. I'll check it out ASAP as the WML in there is a beauty ;)
db0

Post by db0 »

At the end of the third scenario, after I select the one who will accompany me, the finish scenario button cannot be seen and as a result I cannot continue.

Here's a save if it helps

EDIT: I've managed to work around this by using the "next turn" shortcut "Ctrl+Space"
Attachments
RotL_-_The_council.gz
(8.24 KiB) Downloaded 187 times
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

db0 wrote:At the end of the third scenario, after I select the one who will accompany me, the finish scenario button cannot be seen and as a result I cannot continue.
EDIT: I've managed to work around this by using the "next turn" shortcut "Ctrl+Space"
Yes, this is a known bug in the theme. Haven't found the time to deal with this problem, yet. For now please finish scenario three and eight by using the shortcut ("Crtl+Space").
The Clan Antagonist.

Nightstroll

Post by Nightstroll »

Still having a crash on the second scenario, both on 1.3.13 and 1.3.15. :) (a pity, this looks like a really good campaign)

P.S : If BTW anybody knows how to run campaigns needing eras, such as Arctic rescue, The fall of Silvium or Alfleihm the brave (I have actually these eras installed), I'd be grateful. :wink:
PingPangQui

Post by PingPangQui »

Nightstroll, are you having still that problem. If yes, please send me your savefile and the error messages you get.

Does a clean reinstall solve the problem (I mean deinstall first and reinstall thereafter)?

P.S.: Sorry have lots of work to do lately thus haven't found the time to look in this thread.
The Clan Antagonist.