Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

George2

Flight to Freedom bug (I think)

Post by George2 »

I, on the stable version 1.6, found that, in the scenario the Manor, on the original story line, I can only pick up one of the spears. All others,when walked on,stay below me, and the drake won't pick it up. Does anyone know what this is all about, and if so, thank you, kind sir/ma'am.
MadMax

Re: Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Post by MadMax »

I'm still around lurking, but I haven't posted much on the forum. I'll post a full reply tonight when I have time.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Dragonchampion

Post by Dragonchampion »

Yay! He's bacvk! Nova, Don't 4get I want to help when you get the power!
Ehhhh... don't mind me, I'm just the annoying little modder who gets on peoples nerves. I'll just lurk till Someone says my name. :P

Oh, and also Creator of The War Of Terrador
Nova

Post by Nova »

Welcome back, MadMax!

I hope you checked out Tof's post from a few days back -- it's incredible.

I'm not sure where you're at, Max, but if you're still looking to bow out there could be a dream team lurking in the wings: I know the ins and outs of the campaign, Tof has offered some assistance and clearly knows something about meaningful storytelling, and DragonChampion sounds really excited and has more than enough technical experience to make the magic happen.

Or, if you want to retain control, just start pointing us in useful directions. A wish is like a command, O MadMax.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I've been working on scenario 7b, and I've finished three of the four map variants that it will require. After that scenario's done, I'll probably bow out. Now that I'm of age, I can reveal that I will soon be going to college, and I've been accepted into an exclusive major that will probably demand most of my time. I'll PM an outline of my plans for the campaign to Nova, tof and Dragonchampion.

@tof: Thanks for the review! You've picked up on many themes that I did not pick up on myself. I'm only denying a few, however (I'll explain some other time, and the PM should clear up a few), and I feel that your review certainly highlights the differences between FtF and traditional high fantasy.

@George2: Are you trying to pick up the spears with the same drake? Each drake can only hold one spear.

torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

I'm feeling motivated today and stumbled upon the thread. :wink: WesCamp translations don't work currently as there's a difference between the directory name and the textdomain. This won't work, but somehow I fear that campain authors don't notice the thread where I notify such errors...
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

torangan wrote:I'm feeling motivated today and stumbled upon the thread. :wink: WesCamp translations don't work currently as there's a difference between the directory name and the textdomain. This won't work, but somehow I fear that campain authors don't notice the thread where I notify such errors...
I actually did notice that thread yesterday, and the issue's fixed in version 4.6.1 on the campaign server.

pauxlo

Post by pauxlo »

tof wrote:Hi. I'm a scholar and a gamer :eng: currently finishing up a PhD on comic books, video games and visual culture in general.

I enjoyed FtF, and found it interesting enough to write about for Gameology (a blog+ for scholarship about videogames). You can see my post/article here:

http://www.gameology.org/blog/becoming_ ... ar_machine
Nice reading ... makes me want to play the campaign again (last time is some years back).
Thanks.

Maybe you want to recheck the "Lord of the rings" part: I think, some names are (consistently) wrong spelled, like "Tolkein" (Tolkien) and "Saurumon" (Saruman).

Paul
tof

Post by tof »

doh! Well, that is the kind of mistake I would make... I'm terrible with names (that's why I shortened mine to three letters)

Thanks, pauxlo!

Tof
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

MadMax wrote:
@George2: Are you trying to pick up the spears with the same drake? Each drake can only hold one spear.
I have the same problem. The first drake moving on a spear can pick it up, all other drakes moving to the rest of the spears can not.

just open the attached savefile in wesnoth 1.6,X and see for yourself.
Attachments
FtF-The_Manor_Turn_7.gz
(30.22 KiB) Downloaded 306 times
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

This should fix it, although I haven't tested it. I had id= instead of description= in the spear code.
Attachments
03a_Manor.cfg
(22.86 KiB) Downloaded 362 times

energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

yeah, that fixed it. Thank you!
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

btw, those ships - when on a castle tile or pier they have a defense of 100% - is that really intentional?
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

energyman76c wrote:btw, those ships - when on a castle tile or pier they have a defense of 100% - is that really intentional?
It's not intentional. This file fixes it.
Attachments
units.cfg
(4.44 KiB) Downloaded 371 times

energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

Hello,

thanks for your fixes.

And here is another problem so you don't get bored ;) - FtF-Endgame:

it is impossible to load savegames, except the Ftf-endgame one.
I get this error:
The game could not be loaded: load game failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 5, which does not have a recall list.

On console:
wesnoth
Battle for Wesnoth v1.6.2
Started on Wed May 20 18:28:20 2009

Data directory: /usr/share/games/wesnoth
User configuration directory: /home/energyman/.wesnoth

Checking video mode: 1280x960x32...
setting mode to 1280x960x32
20090520 18:28:23 error general: no location found for 'data/campaigns/Broken_Valley/translations', not adding textdomain
20090520 18:28:23 error general: no location found for 'data/campaigns/Flight_Freedom_1_5/translations', not adding textdomain
20090520 18:28:23 error general: no location found for 'data/campaigns/Siege_of_Soradoc/translations', not adding textdomain
20090520 18:28:36 error config: Illegal character in map: (Ycw) 'Ycw'
20090520 18:28:36 error config: map could not be loaded: Illegal character found in map. The scenario cannot be loaded.
20090520 18:28:36 error config: Illegal character in map: (Ycw) 'Ycw'
20090520 18:28:36 error config: map could not be loaded: Illegal character found in map. The scenario cannot be loaded.
20090520 18:28:37 error config: Illegal character in map: (Ycw) 'Ycw'
20090520 18:28:37 error config: map could not be loaded: Illegal character found in map. The scenario cannot be loaded.
20090520 18:28:41 error general: The game could not be loaded: load_game_failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 5, which does not have a recall list.

and a question: is it intentional that Malakar can only recall the five, six units from the last scenario?
Attachments
FtF-Endgame-Auto-Save1.gz
(43.9 KiB) Downloaded 319 times