Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

MadMax

Re: Flight to Freedom (drake campaign)

Post by MadMax »

energyman76c wrote:Hello,

thanks for your fixes.

And here is another problem so you don't get bored ;) - FtF-Endgame:

it is impossible to load savegames, except the Ftf-endgame one.
I get this error:
The game could not be loaded: load game failed: Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 5, which does not have a recall list.

and a question: is it intentional that Malakar can only recall the five, six units from the last scenario?
When did this start? The recall list should not have been affected. Also, can you try playing from Liberation (an end-of-level savegame will do) and testing the regenerated Endgame autosave? If the regenerated autosave doesn't work, please post an autosave from Caravan.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
energyman76c

Post by energyman76c »

well, in the start dialogue of Liberation it says 'Your encampment will disappear on turn 2, and your recall list will cease to be available'

So I asked because it might be intentional that the recall list is completly nuked for Endgame. Until that point recalls worked.

The first savegame for endgame - TfT-Endgame.gz works fine loading the game - but every autosave afterwards including the Endgame-Auto-Save-1 does not work.

At the end of Liberation I chose 'The Saurians will try to outflank the humans' for the Saurians. Replaying the last turn of Liberation gets me at the same point. Endgame.gz works, but all the (auto)saves after that do not.

I add the last autosave for liberation - just kill the human leader and see the effect when starting Endgame and the last one from Caravan.
Attachments
FtF-Caravan-Auto-Save9.gz
(50.24 KiB) Downloaded 388 times
FtF-Liberation-Auto-Save38.gz
(65.99 KiB) Downloaded 413 times
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

This should fix both issues.
Attachments
19_Liberation.cfg
(23.87 KiB) Downloaded 429 times

Bjartmarr

Post by Bjartmarr »

I noticed that, in Wesnoth 1.6, neither Kogw nor Malakar heal when they level up after level 3.

Thanks for the campaign!
Statue

Post by Statue »

MadMax wrote:This should fix both issues.

Hi, didn't fix the recall list error for me, still can't load endgame savegames (both ones created before replacing the liberation.cfg with the replacement file you provided and ones created afterwards with a new start from FtF-endgame.gz). Only save I can load is that initial one, FtF-endgame.gz.

Also note the same as the previous poster, that some characters do not get the full health hit from levelling up after a certain point (not just for the central characters already mentioned, Kogw and Malakar, but also for drake guards after they go from level 2 to 3).

Good work on the campaign btw, I know it's not easy doing campaigns using primarily drakes, for all sorts of reasons.

Thanks
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

@Statue: you've got to replay from the beginning-scenario save of Liberation.

The leveling up bugs will be fixed in the next release, which should be coming fairly soon.

wilo108

Post by wilo108 »

Hi - I'm playing this campaign for the first time today. It's very enjoyable so far - it's great work!

I've had a couple of problems, though. I've come across a couple of issues which have already been mentioned, like being unable to pick up more than one spear in "the Manor", and ships with 100% defence in "Southern Shore".

However, the reason for my post is that I'm completely flummoxed by the scenario "The Open Ocean". I'm starting the scenario with the Unforgiver, a pirate galleon called "Murka", and a pirate cruiser called "Clonna". So far, I've played the scenario a dozen or more times, and my record is to get to turn six before I'm completely destroyed. (i'm playing on normal difficulty).

Within a handful of turns I'm completely surrounded by cuttle fish, sea serpents and tentacles. I've tried taking them on, avoiding them at all cost, sacrificing the other two ships to try to let the Unforgiver escape, all to no avail.

Can someone give me a hint as to how to get past this scenario?

Thanks!

wilo
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

wilo108 wrote:However, the reason for my post is that I'm completely flummoxed by the scenario "The Open Ocean". I'm starting the scenario with the Unforgiver, a pirate galleon called "Murka", and a pirate cruiser called "Clonna". So far, I've played the scenario a dozen or more times, and my record is to get to turn six before I'm completely destroyed. (i'm playing on normal difficulty).

Within a handful of turns I'm completely surrounded by cuttle fish, sea serpents and tentacles. I've tried taking them on, avoiding them at all cost, sacrificing the other two ships to try to let the Unforgiver escape, all to no avail.

Well, this is just a thought, but how about trying to recruit?
wilo108

Post by wilo108 »

zookeeper wrote:Well, this is just a thought, but how about trying to recruit?
Well I did wonder if I was supposed to be able to get some more units somehow... Unless there's some riddle involved in working out how to recruit on this level, then, I think I found a bug :( Thanks for the confirmation :)
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

wilo108 wrote:
zookeeper wrote:Well, this is just a thought, but how about trying to recruit?
Well I did wonder if I was supposed to be able to get some more units somehow... Unless there's some riddle involved in working out how to recruit on this level, then, I think I found a bug :( Thanks for the confirmation :)
It was years since I last played it, but back then you could recruit more boats, and probably you could recall at least your non-clasher drakes, too. Maybe the scenario is broken now, I wouldn't know.
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

I'm sorry that I haven't been around to say this earlier, but it's official. My college predictions have turned out exactly right, and I have to turn this campaign over to someone. Nova, do you want to take it over? If so, I'll send you the campaign as it is on my HD, with an unfinished next scenario and the .pbl. However, it's not up to date with the latest version of Wesnoth.

Globulin

Post by Globulin »

wilo108 wrote:However, the reason for my post is that I'm completely flummoxed by the scenario "The Open Ocean"...
I also had a lot of trouble with it, losing repeatedly. I was finally able to get through by heading straight towards the first Tentacle, leading the with small ship. I never stopped to fight, just went straight south around the west side of the top island, keeping the small ship in front and the Luna behind. The Luna was destroyed next to the top island and I then put the small ship behind. The small ship was surrounded, and I attacked the creatures without ranged attack, but only after moving my one hex to better block their path. I had a bit of luck here, as it took two more creatures to kill it than I had expected.
I moved the leader ship south along the east edge of the island with the tall tree and was able to finish the level. I'm not sure this is a reproducible result, it may just have been lucky. :-(
Nova

Post by Nova »

All right, I'm in. I haven't had much to do with Wesnoth lately, but I've always had a soft spot for Flight to Freedom and I'm willing to take up the challenge to keep it afloat.

I'll need a while to familiarize myself with WML; don't expect any updates real soon. However, I hereby declare that I will see FtF up and working for 1.8.

Anyone who'd like to help -- I'd appreciate any assistance.

--

MadMax -- thank you for trusting your creation to me.

edit: this was my 100th post. Neat.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
Nova

Post by Nova »

I've floundered around trying to learn WML for the last two nights, and I think I can make something like a stab at it.

My first priority is to get the campaign up and running on 1.8. Once it's up, then I'll go through and iron out bugs as best I can. MadMax, perhaps you could let me know which of the bugs on the last few pages have been fixed and which ones are still "open."

In the interests of getting an enjoyable, playable campaign running as soon as possible, I will probably disable the Morogor branch at first. I will greatly appreciate any feedback and bug reports anyone has to offer, but I will give priority to the ones relating to Wesnoth 1.8. When the first version is up and running, I'll let everyone know here.

That said, if you're enjoying it in the 1.6 version, please continue. I can't promise the new version will be anything like immediate.
"Never underestimate the power of the fish rush." "I don't think nagas are fish." "Fish Rush!"
---
Flight to Freedom: http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... &start=690
Co-Author, Maintainer
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

The bugs in the last few pages should be fixed in the copy I sent to you.