Invasion from the Unknown (1.9.99) for Wesnoth 1.4

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Ahmosis

Corrupt file "Over the Sands" - 1.3.13

Post by Ahmosis »

Hi,

I have a problem with the campaign. I use Windows XP and wesnoth 1.3.1.13.

After completing the 2º scenario, the next scenario, Over the Sands cannot initiate. The error is "The file you have tried to load is corrupt".

Help, please!!!! The campaign is fantastic

Thanks
Attachments
stderr.txt
(7.17 KiB) Downloaded 219 times
Sobre_las_arenas.gz
(14.93 KiB) Downloaded 194 times
Iris
Site Administrator

Re: Corrupt file "Over the Sands" - 1.3.13

Post by Iris »

Ahmosis wrote:After completing the 2º scenario, the next scenario, Over the Sands cannot initiate. The error is "The file you have tried to load is corrupt".
:o

Over the sands is the fourth scenario.

Well, I'll check. I have playtested with 1.3.12 (release) only up to now.
tilea wrote:1. I wonder what's the sense of killing the Gryphon leader in the far South East.
I would expect at least gaining some gold for the effort to send some units
to this distant place

2. Is there any sense to be able to recruit several dead units but no Dark Adepts.
Some black magic would be nice.
1. I'm going to redo that scenario's layout before 1.0, to give room for a "secret level". In the process, the map will be redone and the enemies will be different.

2. You cannot recruit Dark Adepts in scenario 4 because you have not contacted humans yet. If you read the story carefully, and are using Wesnoth 1.3.12 or later, you'll notice that you can recruit Adepts starting with Scenario 5.

@ Mordante and Zoltic: thanks for finding the problem and solving it while I was away. I noticed it at home when using the {VARIABLE_RANDOM ...} macro I made (which is slightly different to builtin RANDOM) in scenario 1.

About the recall algorithm:

I think it was a temporary solution that I made because I needed constructive feedback from players when the campaign's version 0.0.1 was released, and I could not think of a better way at that moment. I did not remember that HttT had that nice trick.

So, I'll probably replace the recall algorithm with the trick used in North Elves' home (HttT) for scenarios 7, 9, 13, 21, 25.

I'm in the process of balancing the campaign on Easy, btw.

at Lord Of Weapons And Magic:

This is the fourth time I repeat: it's a bug in Wesnoth's engine introduced in 1.3.12, apparently due to optimizations in the gamestate processor that were done shortly after releasing 1.3.11. It's not my development terrain, so I can't do much about it. Please recheck with a mainline campaign (i.e. play HttT scenario 1, get to scenario 2 and check if Delfador is still there after quitting Wesntoh and reloading the start-of-scenario saved game) and then submit a bug report. If it wasn't fixed in 1.3.13 already, I don't know yet.

@ Zoltic: how did you know that Mordante/SkeletonCrew would get here? I never expected him to read my campaign's thread in first place.

Alright, releasing 0.9.1 today.
turska wrote:Played on normal difficulty.

Border Patrol
Milked exp from the chaotic enemy leader for the last 13 turns, ended up with three heroes, three druids and two sorceresses. Maybe change the leader to a weaker unit so you can't milk that much?
Over the Sands
Dehydration affected Warrior Spirits. Finished at turn 46 with minimal recruiting. In every scenario after this one I had much more gold than I could ever need.
Fixed that stupid mistake of me in 0.9.1. Await the release today.
D'elf and Goliath
Two walking corpses were recalled, even though there were many higher level units on my recall list.
Did you get other units recalled? If so, FYI those walking corpses are created in that scenario. I know it wasn't the best idea now. :)
Face your Fate
I had 2000 gold, and easily defeated all invaders by massing Ghosts (except for the Warlord, of course).
Me too. :) I'm not sure how to increase difficulty for that scenario, without making it impossible to win. I'm not telling why it could be impossible to win, as that would spoil the storyline.
Dealing with Orcs
This scenario was very boring.
Pretty much steamrolled through the large battle scenarios (Lands of Chaos and The Heart).
Did I say before that I'm thinking about remaking it into various scenarios, a la TRoW's elvish council's missions? No, so you know now. :)
Innuendo
A freshly recruited ghost was recalled, even though I had more powerful units on my recall list. No Shydes recalled, leaving Elynia as my only healing unit.
Um, and what units were recalled, then? Strange.
Welcome to the Lair
The final battle with Shadow Master was very easy; the hardest part was sitting in his castle waiting for him to appear (it took 30 turns :shock:).
I need to find a way to make the spawned foes more aggressive. In any case, beware that soon you'll have to fight cockatrices, which won't be easy as they will not use Wesnoth's hard-coded stone ability.
The plot is excellent. The concept of boss scenarios is nice, but they seem to be very easy compared to normal scenarios. It would be nice to be able to choose which units to recall for them.
That might be because I don't play so well with them. I usually get myself killed, specially (ugh) against the Shadow Master. No pun intended.
Last edited by Iris on January 4th, 2008, 3:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

Version 0.9.1 of Invasion of the Unknown for Wesnoth 1.3.11 and later is out.
You can download it from 1.3 add-on server.
Prerequisites: "Invasion from the Unknown - Music pack" add-on (15.81 MB), for best experience - only recommended (which has not been updated since 0.9.0, so you probably should not bother redownloading it).

Hi all! 0.9.1 (1.0 beta2) is out!

OK, but what's new? Let's begin with the changes that will be immediately noticed by players:

- Scenarios 6 and 7 were tweaked in various manners that make them more interesting, in terms of gameplay.

- The Epilogue was revised and rewritten various times by myself, dropping ideas that would sound lameish to the audience in the process. And yet, making sure there was room left for a sequel, for which I have various plots that I have to revise and edit. More details on this after the remainder of this announcement.

- The last boss' death sequence is longer and fancier for people who use current SVN trunk revisions, Wesnoth 1.3.13 or later releases. People who use earlier releases will not miss anything important anyway.

- The demon unit line's graphics, except for the winged advancements, have been updated, fitting the underlying unit concept better than the old ones. Also, the size of the L3 has been greatly increased. Thanks neoriceisgood and Shadow Master, and Extended Era.

- Winged Demons have been renamed to "Demon Zephyr". All scenarios that used them have been updated for this new name, which came up in my head some days ago, when looking for something that was less lame than the "Guy has Physical Feature X and is of Race Y" kind of unit names. Attention translators.

- Dark Hive time-of-day grants chaotic ones a 25% attack bonus, as the Underground ToD; Dark Hive is used in scenarios 26, 27 and 29 at the moment.

- Some of the worst-quality graphics have been optimized by "palettizing" their PNGs. This should have saved around 1% to 5% of the uncompressed package size.

- NPC birds should behave as wanted by scienceguy8 ;) and the "invalid-location" bug on certain scenarios should have been fixed (blame the lack of intuitiveness of the parameter order on the NPC_BIRD_BEHAVIOR macro I ripped from FtF).

- Unused macros, images and code have been removed, possibly increasing performance in low-end machines. I cannot tell exactly because my test machine is an Intel Pentium 4 2.9 GHz (1024 MB of RAM), in which performance is always "nice".

- Fixed the design flaw reported by Zoltic on armors and blacksmiths (hint).

- The Finale animated sequence has been slightly improved.

- The scenario maps (the graphical ones) have been revised and replaced as needed both for aesthetic and optimization purposes.

- The Chaos Hound baseframe has been replaced (thanks Battlestar)

- Some Shaxthal baseframes have been updated (thanks Shadow Master)

- Elynia's baseframe has been updated (thanks Shadow/Wayfarer, Shadow Master, and the AAD*)

- Some random spawns now get a random gender, given by the game engine (thanks Shadow Master, who implemented [unit]random_gender= in 1.3.12+SVN).

- Scenario 2's difficulty level has been balanced, hopefully, and the objectives should make more sense now (hint).

- The enemies have learned to advance their Bowmen to Crossbowmen, as an alternate choice to Longbowmen. The graphics and some unit stats were imported from Wesnoth 1.0.3+SVN's Wall Guard, used in EI.

- Scenario 6's story map now displays properly.

- Scenario 25's internal Id. has been replaced. This should break only older saved games of "The Heart" and "Interim"/"Into the Keep".

- Shadow Master's lair and the first boss arena have some healing crystals to support the player now.

- Lots of unit balancing that I'll not bother to mention here; if you want to know, read the full changelog.

- A boss has had his code refactored.

- Some units have had their attack animations rewritten, and existent animation glitches corrected.

- Scenario 1 now has NPC birds to have fun with.

Not so noticeable changes:

- Some code has been optimized

- Some code has been marked for removal in IftU 1.0 RC1 or Wesnoth 1.3.13, whichever comes first.

- Custom TC ranges (yellow, pink, cyan) used in scenario 24 and 1 should no longer vanish after reloading the entire game (Wesnoth's engine). The former method of registering those TC ranges relied on some preprocessor tricks that no longer work when gamestate is discarded. Hopefully, the new method will not be a definitive fix, but a temporal workaround. Thanks Sapient for showing me the correct path to take.

- The back-up cron job and campaign submitting scripts have been updated to be less ShadowMaster's-Machine-Specific (tm). They still rely on some special custom directories' existence, but at least they no longer look for /home/shadowm, but for ${HOME} or ~ where applicable. ;-)

- Fixed i18n/l10n bugs in scenario 8-9 interlude and scenario 10's starting dialogue that prevented some strings from getting entries in pot files. This was because I used some {MSG_UNIT guy ( "BLAHBLAH")} instead of {MSG_UNIT guy ( _ "BLAHBLAH")}. Sorry for the inconveniences.

- Shadow Master has made a major overhaul in the NPC behavior code for birds, taking advantage of some engine features (thanks a lot, Sapient!) and ensuring some bugs are not going to happen. Birds can also move in all possible directions, too. MadMax (FtF) should check it if he's interested in improving the current NPC code he uses. The code is also optimized.

All of this has been done with BfW 1.3.12, but theoretically there are no changes that break compatibility with 1.3.11. Do, however, remember that there are many engine features not implemented originally in 1.3.10 on which this campaign relies. Specially those that Shadow Master implemented himself in the engine ;).

A major change in the campaign difficulty selection menu: now there are 3 extra entries, entitled "debug". Regular players SHOULD NOT use them. They are intended for me and any person who wants to help with advanced testing or debugging this campaign. Those should also pass the --log-debug=notifs parameter to Wesnoth's command line, currently required to see what the NPC code is doing "behind the scene"; special messages should appear in the terminal output, or the stderr.txt and stdout.txt files (on Windows). Those extra modes are going to be removed for the RC and final 1.0 releases.

That's all there is to it. Some additional optimizations and clean-ups where done, but they are not noticeable in the gameplay, only in the WML code, unless you have a very low-end machine. Also, some texts were revised.

Thanks again to our translators, Zoltic (French), Brivido (Italian) and anyone who's interested to help.

A small warning, though, for them: Shadow Master is a developer, but that doesn't mean he has the level of expertise in the i18n area to handle translations (.po files) all by himself; please continue contacting Torangan or whoever is in charge at the moment for submitting translations.

Note that as always, comments and criticism, help offers, etc. for this campaign's artwork go to the corresponding Art Workshop thread, not this one.

* Almighty Art Director
Last edited by Iris on January 8th, 2008, 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Author of the unofficial UtBS sequels Invasion from the Unknown and After the Storm.
turska

Post by turska »

From my experiences, the 'file is corrupt' problem is a bug in 1.3.13 that has already been fixed in trunk.
So, I'll probably replace the recall algorithm with the trick used in North Elves' home (HttT) for scenarios 7, 9, 13, 21, 25.
This change didn't make it to 0.9.1? :(
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

turska wrote:From my experiences, the 'file is corrupt' problem is a bug in 1.3.13 that has already been fixed in trunk.
This change didn't make it to 0.9.1? :(
No.

I'll explain why.

Since the third week of December, I have not had access to the Internet. So, for the mean time, until today, I had developed and improved IftU 0.9.1 at home, without being able to read your feedback. So IftU 0.9.1 is packaged with my own changes, nothing that was suggested or decided here, for these Real Life (tm) reasons.

However, I promise I'll address all the issues not releated to the game engine for 0.9.2.
Zoltic
Translator

Post by Zoltic »

Thank you for Mal Keshar sentences.
I knew Skeleton Crew could look at this thread because he asked me to post a savegame to solve a problem upon reloading game after an upgrade of svn.
As I didn't know if the problem was from svn or from campaign I posted here .
The second question I asked to him was in fact "off topic" and all this part can be deleted as all is solved now.
comander

Post by comander »

I aldo have problems with over the sand.It alsways says that it is a corrupt file( i use the newest version maybe it is something to do with it)
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

I noticed your little easter egg with an image of Tux and a unit file, I think it is very funny as I am a fellow Linux user. Do you ever get to face Tux or get him to fight for you? (I was just wondering how he would be implemented)

Oh and BTW this is a very nice campaign and hope this gets merged with the mainline...
kilder
Translator

Post by kilder »

I also have the same problem with Over the sands (1.3.13//0.9.1, Mac OSX 10.4.11) Here are the console logs, seems to happen about everytime I try to access to this scenario.

The first log was created while I loaded from a save of the begining of th scenario

Code: Select all

scenario: '04_Over_the_Sands'
next_scenario: '04_Over_the_Sands'
gen 08 16:11:34 error engine: could not de-serialize unit: 'load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize an empty unit'
gen 08 16:11:34 error engine: SYNC: In recruit Ancient Lich: has checksum 9gY2Bryg9bRG2thhWgi51RfPzeSGwxIBz>fRVG714sgp0l02Q6dQJ+-eNRLQGb1-ff6s0RtIvs.i<QxDR,FGz2eQ<dQ>WpEJMYgQOmF2yfczk9tMkKehi.JmQE8h3Ymr while datasource has checksum moHZbxkvhIJnjFdg,LW9<mXohhVytuFvHwzWm0pK89I96,NuCINACnzq4DIYDZcJ2fNyLMCDat7IwkgppG77CxPRxJ6yb5FcmBr,bE+q7v7sRt4s>685f2cHGeGGMIFK
advanceto="null"
alignment="chaotic"
alpha="256"
attacks_left="1"
canrecruit="0"
cost="100"
description="Mal Keshar"
die_sound="lich-die.ogg"
experience="5"
facing="ne"
flag_rgb="magenta"
flying="no"
gender="male"
gender_id="male"
goto_x="-999"
goto_y="-999"
hitpoints="80"
id="Ancient Lich"
image="units/undead-necromancers/ancient-lich.png"
#textdomain wesnoth-units
language_name=_ "Ancient Lich"
level="4"
max_attacks="1"
max_experience="150"
max_hitpoints="80"
max_moves="6"
movement="6"
movement_type="undeadfoot"
moves="6"
overlays="misc/hero-icon.png"
profile="portraits/mal-keshar.jpg"
race="undead"
random_traits="no"
resting="no"
side="1"
type="Ancient Lich"
unrenamable="yes"
upkeep="loyal"
usage="mixed fighter"
user_description="Mal Keshar"
value="100"
zoc="4"
[advancement]
#textdomain wesnoth
	description=_ "Max HP bonus +3, Max XP +20%"
	id="tough_"
	image="misc/icon-amla-tough.png"
	max_times="100"
	strict_amla="yes"
	[effect]
		apply_to="hitpoints"
		heal_full="yes"
		increase_total="3"
	[/effect]
	[effect]
		apply_to="max_experience"
		increase="20%"
	[/effect]
[/advancement]
[attack_anim]
	[attack_filter]
		range="ranged"
	[/attack_filter]
	[missile_frame]
		begin="-200"
		end="0"
		image="projectiles/darkmissile-n.png"
		image_diagonal="projectiles/darkmissile-ne.png"
	[/missile_frame]
	[frame]
		begin="-300"
		end="-200"
		image="units/undead-necromancers/ancient-lich-magic-1.png"
	[/frame]
	[if]
		hits="no"
		[frame]
			begin="-200"
			end="-100"
			image="units/undead-necromancers/ancient-lich-magic-2.png"
			sound="magic-dark-big-miss.ogg"
		[/frame]
	[/if]
	[else]
		hits="yes"
		[frame]
			begin="-200"
			end="-100"
			sound="magic-dark-big.ogg"
		[/frame]
	[/else]
	[frame]
		begin="-100"
		end="0"
		image="units/undead-necromancers/ancient-lich-magic-3.png"
	[/frame]
	[frame]
		begin="0"
		end="100"
	[/frame]
[/attack_anim]
[attack_anim]
	[attack_filter]
		name="touch"
	[/attack_filter]
	[frame]
		begin="-200"
		end="-150"
	[/frame]
	[if]
		hits="yes"
		[frame]
			begin="-150"
			end="100"
			image="units/undead-necromancers/ancient-lich-melee.png"
			sound="wail-sml.wav"
		[/frame]
	[/if]
	[else]
		hits="no"
		[frame]
			begin="-150"
			end="100"
			sound="    miss-1.ogg,miss-2.ogg,miss-3.ogg"
		[/frame]
	[/else]
	[frame]
		begin="100"
		end="200"
	[/frame]
[/attack_anim]
[movement_costs]
	canyon="99"
	castle="1"
	cave="2"
	cavewall="99"
	deep_water="3"
	forest="2"
	fungus="2"
	grassland="1"
	hills="2"
	mountains="3"
	sand="2"
	shallow_water="3"
	swamp_water="2"
	tundra="2"
	village="1"
[/movement_costs]
[defense]
	canyon="80"
	castle="40"
	cave="60"
	cavewall="60"
	deep_water="90"
	forest="50"
	fungus="40"
	grassland="60"
	hills="50"
	mountains="40"
	sand="70"
	shallow_water="80"
	swamp_water="70"
	tundra="70"
	village="40"
[/defense]
[resistance]
	arcane="150"
	blade="90"
	cold="40"
	fire="120"
	impact="110"
	pierce="70"
[/resistance]
[abilities]
	[hides]
		affect_self="yes"
		description=_ "Submerge:
This unit can hide in deep water, and remain undetected by its enemies.

Enemy units cannot see this unit while it is in deep water, except if they have units next to it. Any enemy unit that first discovers this unit immediately loses all its remaining movement."
		description_inactive=_ "Submerge:

Enemy units cannot see this unit while it is in deep water, except if they have units next to it. Any enemy unit that first discovers this unit immediately loses all its remaining movement."
		id="submerge"
		name=_ "submerge"
		name_inactive=_ "submerge"
		[filter_self]
			[filter_location]
				terrain="Wo"
			[/filter_location]
		[/filter_self]
	[/hides]
[/abilities]
[variables]
[/variables]
[status]
	hides="yes"
	not_living="yes"
[/status]
[attack]
	damage="8"
	description=_ "touch"
	icon="attacks/touch-undead.png"
	name="touch"
	number="4"
	range="melee"
	type="arcane"
	[specials]
		[drains]
#textdomain wesnoth
			description=_ "Drain:
This unit drains health from living units, healing itself for half the amount of damage it deals (rounded down)."
			id="drains"
			name=_ "drains"
		[/drains]
	[/specials]
[/attack]
[attack]
	damage="13"
	description=_ "chill tempest"
	icon="attacks/iceball.png"
	name="chill tempest"
	number="5"
	range="ranged"
	type="cold"
	[specials]
		[chance_to_hit]
			cumulative="no"
#textdomain wesnoth
			description=_ "Magical:
This attack always has a 70% chance to hit regardless of the defensive ability of the unit being attacked."
			id="magical"
			name=_ "magical"
			value="70"
		[/chance_to_hit]
	[/specials]
[/attack]
[attack]
	damage="9"
	description=_ "shadow wave"
	icon="attacks/dark-missile.png"
	name="shadow wave"
	number="5"
	range="ranged"
	type="arcane"
	[specials]
		[chance_to_hit]
			cumulative="no"
#textdomain wesnoth
			description=_ "Magical:
This attack always has a 70% chance to hit regardless of the defensive ability of the unit being attacked."
			id="magical"
			name=_ "magical"
			value="70"
		[/chance_to_hit]
	[/specials]
[/attack]
[modifications]
	[trait]
		availability="musthave"
		description=_ "Immune to drain, poison and plague"
		female_name=_ "female^undead"
		id="undead"
		male_name=_ "undead"
		name=_ "undead"
		[effect]
			add="not_living"
			apply_to="status"
		[/effect]
	[/trait]
	[trait]
		description=_ "Fights normally during unfavorable times of day/night"
		female_name=_ "female^fearless"
		id="fearless"
		male_name=_ "fearless"
		name=_ "fearless"
	[/trait]
[/modifications]

And this one was created after finishing again the third scenario, just a few minutes after the first one. Both seem related to Mal Keshar, obviously.

Code: Select all

gen 08 16:20:51 error engine: could not de-serialize unit: 'load_game_failed: Attempt to de-serialize an empty unit'
gen 08 16:20:51 error engine: SYNC: In recruit Ancient Lich: has checksum 9gY2Bryg9bRG2thhWgi51RfPzeSGwxIBz>fRVG714sgp0l02Q6dQJ+-eNRLQGb1-ff6s0RtIvs.i<QxDR,FGz2eQ<dQ>WpEJMYgMOmF2yfczk9tMkKehi.JmQE8h3Ymr while datasource has checksum aD>p7-Ua<KzgCoG>,Uicliq3O-bFJCs+<BJw94JbuX5P1gjJEDFuyLmxJ1OVkv0XK58syqKuLKa<HKl2d.Na7rAL-.F0JlZI4yuo7cw<DezetoU8T+e8W7f4LVlNJUUQ
advanceto="null"
alignment="chaotic"
alpha="256"
attacks_left="1"
canrecruit="0"
cost="100"
description="Mal Keshar"
die_sound="lich-die.ogg"
experience="9"
facing="ne"
flag_rgb="magenta"
flying="no"
gender="male"
gender_id="male"
goto_x="-999"
goto_y="-999"
hitpoints="80"
id="Ancient Lich"
language_name=_ "Ancient Lich"
level="4"
max_attacks="1"
max_experience="150"
max_hitpoints="80"
max_moves="6"
movement="6"
movement_type="undeadfoot"
moves="6"
overlays="misc/hero-icon.png"
profile="portraits/mal-keshar.jpg"
race="undead"
random_traits="no"
resting="no"
side="1"
type="Ancient Lich"
unrenamable="yes"
upkeep="loyal"
usage="mixed fighter"
user_description="Mal Keshar"
value="100"
zoc="4"
[advancement]
#textdomain wesnoth
	description=_ "Max HP bonus +3, Max XP +20%"
	id="tough_"
	image="misc/icon-amla-tough.png"
	max_times="100"
	strict_amla="yes"
	[effect]
		apply_to="hitpoints"
		heal_full="yes"
		increase_total="3"
	[/effect]
	[effect]
		apply_to="max_experience"
		increase="20%"
	[/effect]
[/advancement]
[attack_anim]
	[attack_filter]
		range="ranged"
	[/attack_filter]
	[missile_frame]
		begin="-200"
		end="0"
		image="projectiles/darkmissile-n.png"
		image_diagonal="projectiles/darkmissile-ne.png"
	[/missile_frame]
	[frame]
		begin="-300"
		end="-200"
	[/frame]
	[if]
		hits="no"
		[frame]
			begin="-200"
			end="-100"
			sound="magic-dark-big-miss.ogg"
		[/frame]
	[/if]
	[else]
		hits="yes"
		[frame]
			begin="-200"
			end="-100"
			sound="magic-dark-big.ogg"
		[/frame]
	[/else]
	[frame]
		begin="-100"
		end="0"
		image="units/undead-necromancers/ancient-lich-magic-3.png"
	[/frame]
	[frame]
		begin="0"
		end="100"
	[/frame]
[/attack_anim]
[attack_anim]
	[attack_filter]
		name="touch"
	[/attack_filter]
	[frame]
		begin="-200"
		end="-150"
	[/frame]
	[if]
		hits="yes"
		[frame]
			begin="-150"
			end="100"
			sound="wail-sml.wav"
		[/frame]
	[/if]
	[else]
		hits="no"
		[frame]
			begin="-150"
			end="100"
			sound="    miss-1.ogg,miss-2.ogg,miss-3.ogg"
		[/frame]
	[/else]
	[frame]
		begin="100"
		end="200"
	[/frame]
[/attack_anim]
[movement_costs]
	canyon="99"
	castle="1"
	cave="2"
	cavewall="99"
	deep_water="3"
	forest="2"
	fungus="2"
	grassland="1"
	hills="2"
	mountains="3"
	sand="2"
	shallow_water="3"
	swamp_water="2"
	tundra="2"
	village="1"
[/movement_costs]
[defense]
	canyon="80"
	castle="40"
	cave="60"
	cavewall="60"
	deep_water="90"
	forest="50"
	fungus="40"
	grassland="60"
	hills="50"
	mountains="40"
	sand="70"
	shallow_water="80"
	swamp_water="70"
	tundra="70"
	village="40"
[/defense]
[resistance]
	arcane="150"
	blade="90"
	cold="40"
	fire="120"
	impact="110"
	pierce="70"
[/resistance]
[abilities]
	[hides]
		affect_self="yes"
		description=_ "Submerge:

description_inactive=_ "Submerge:

id="submerge"
		name=_ "submerge"
		name_inactive=_ "submerge"
		[filter_self]
			[filter_location]
				terrain="Wo"
			[/filter_location]
		[/filter_self]
	[/hides]
[/abilities]
[variables]
[/variables]
[status]
	hides="yes"
	not_living="yes"
[/status]
[attack]
	damage="8"
	description=_ "touch"
	icon="attacks/touch-undead.png"
	name="touch"
	number="4"
	range="melee"
	type="arcane"
	[specials]
		[drains]
#textdomain wesnoth
			description=_ "Drain:
This unit drains health from living units, healing itself for half the amount of damage it deals (rounded down)."
			id="drains"
			name=_ "drains"
		[/drains]
	[/specials]
[/attack]
[attack]
	damage="13"
	description=_ "chill tempest"
	icon="attacks/iceball.png"
	name="chill tempest"
	number="5"
	range="ranged"
	type="cold"
	[specials]
		[chance_to_hit]
			cumulative="no"
#textdomain wesnoth
			description=_ "Magical:
			id="magical"
			name=_ "magical"
			value="70"
		[/chance_to_hit]
	[/specials]
[/attack]
[attack]
	damage="9"
	description=_ "shadow wave"
	icon="attacks/dark-missile.png"
	name="shadow wave"
	number="5"
	range="ranged"
	type="arcane"
	[specials]
		[chance_to_hit]
			cumulative="no"
#textdomain wesnoth
			description=_ "Magical:
			id="magical"
			name=_ "magical"
			value="70"
		[/chance_to_hit]
	[/specials]
[/attack]
[modifications]
	[trait]
		availability="musthave"
		description=_ "Immune to drain, poison and plague"
		female_name=_ "female^undead"
		id="undead"
		male_name=_ "undead"
		name=_ "undead"
		[effect]
			add="not_living"
			apply_to="status"
		[/effect]
	[/trait]
	[trait]
		description=_ "Fights normally during unfavorable times of day/night"
		female_name=_ "female^fearless"
		id="fearless"
		male_name=_ "fearless"
		name=_ "fearless"
	[/trait]
[/modifications]

I haven't played with the code or anything, but I play with the Catalan locale, maybe this could have somethig to do (it shouldn't, right?). If necessary, I could also upload the saved games. Anyway, this seems a great campaign and, if I achieve to finish it, I may translate it sooner or later to Catalan.

Keep up the good work! :)
Nordfriese

Error advancing from Innuendo to Gauntlet(was load error)

Post by Nordfriese »

Hi,

i enjoyed this campaign so much, that the following error description convinced me of getting registered at this forum. I hope this campaign gets it into the main story line.

Now the problem.

I played up to Gauntlet round 30, than i tried to go back to an earlier autosave version,
which was not succesful. The load dialog ends with following error message:
Attempt to create a unit on the recall list for side 2, which does not have a recall list
I tried backwards and identified that this error occurs in every version beginning with Innuendo autosave 66.

So i have to restart at Innuendo 65, which is not a major problem, but may be one can eliminate this bug.

I can provide savegames if needed.

I played on OpenSuse 10.3 with Wesnoth 1.3.11 (and 1.3.13 see update) and the actual campaign version

Update: Now i continued with Wesnoth 1.3.13 from Innuendo 65, and now there is a major problem. When i finish Innuendo and try to advance to Gauntlet, i only get an error message like "the file i try to load is corrupt". So i can't finish the scenario.

Best Regards
Frank
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Invasion from the Unknown 0.9.1 on the add-on server

Post by Mythological »

I've uploaded IftU 0.9.1 on the add-on server the same day Shadow Master announced it, but I forgot to post about it here and edit the announcement accordingly. Done now.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
devil_lord

Post by devil_lord »

Just like everyone else, i cant load Over the Sands. The File is Corrupt. I have 1.3.13 on windows.
Is there any word more meaningless than hope?
Besides blarfinsigle of course.
Lord Of Weapons And Magic

Core Bug Eninge

Post by Lord Of Weapons And Magic »

Core Bug it makes some scenario files corrupt

Shadow Master i have this URGENT AND EMERGENCY BUG OF YOUR CAMPAING!! :shock: Is that when you enter onto the next scenario after Boss_E2 and you help the aragwaith (correct the name please if its wrong) in that scenario your only unit to recruit is WOSE NOTHING ELSE, but you can Recall.

So plese Fix it if you can i will try to reupload from the last scenario (i dint wanted to paly Boss E2 so i just made wesnoth skip the scenario but still isnt my fault the bug of the recruit) for a more explicit Description of the bug your recall List should be for that scenario:

Elves.
Undead.
Woses.
Elven Spirits.
Faeris.
Dark Adepts.

now the recruit list is just this:

Woses.

EYE: The List is by races not the explicit units OK?.

well as i said i will try to see if its part of the Core Eninge bug, and please
tell me if there is an fully file of SVN like the ones you download to open and install in your computer.

Well returning to the topic i like this campaing, but a question what the heck happened to the Shadow Lord he was possesed or he became by free will the thing that he is (i know because your image it doesnt appear to be human).

And the Campaing Crashes when im about to enter onto the Aragawaith Castle.
Well Happy new year for all of uds.

UPDATE: Finished your campaing, i hope that there is an a sequel.

Here Is an contribution, ifyou want to accept it.
Attachments
The Start of The Search.txt
The Contribution is this, is the History for the Introduction and First Chapter, if you like it Let me know.
(3.14 KiB) Downloaded 208 times
Last edited by Lord Of Weapons And Magic on January 10th, 2008, 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.
Espreon
Inactive Developer

Post by Espreon »

Lord Of Weapons And Magic wrote: Well returning to the topic i like this campaing, but a question what the heck happened to the Shadow Lord he was possesed or he became by free will the thing that he is (i know because your image it doesnt appear to be human).
First of all he is referred to as the Shadow Master, second Uria did something to his body, making him a Shaxthal...
Iris
Site Administrator

Post by Iris »

I go away for a week again, and I get this load of questions. :P Me's surprised.

Well, let's see if I can address all your issues:

Zoltic: I'm not ever going to use moderator powers on my own threads, so if nobody else considers it necessary to split that discussion from here, it'll stay here.

All those who have trouble with Under the Sands:
I have not playtested with 1.3.13 (R) yet, only with 1.3.13+SVN (at r22744 plus some internal modifications that I commited but not reloaded), on GNU/Linux (openSUSE 10.3 x86 - custom kernel, openSUSE 10.3 x86_64), and no problems so far except that when I use some debug-mode commands I get foul stack backtraces of memory corruption from glibc (attention, developers).

However, from what drei told me on IRC less than a month ago, I suspect that the problems are being originated by the dehydration algorithm. And since I have not fully debugged it, I'll remove it and rewrite it from scratch before 1.0 RC1 is published. I hope you agree on this solution. The code was copied from Under the Burning Suns at 1.3.10+SVN, and I did not follow any further bug fixes after.

I hope that this is the real source of this problem that affects 1.3.13 users (and yet, not those who are using latest svn). In any case I was already thinking that the algorithm was crappy enough to fill my saved games with unused variables that I missed track of in the WML. :lol:

Problems in Gauntlet:
It seems to be related with our dear dwarves. I'll write a quick and dirty fix for next release, but it'll require you to play scenario 24 (The Heart) from the beginning. I thought another one I introduced before did fix it completely, but it seems not.

Note: you'd have to play scenario 22 from the beginning (Under the Sands) too anyway, if you want to test the new feature. ;)

For translators:
Any contribution is welcome. :)

Lord Of Weapons And Magic: I think I know what happens in there, scenarios 12-14. I'll fix it before 0.9.2 and tell you from what point you'll have to replay from. And no, I think it's not a core engine bug, but rather a misuse of a WML feature that I myself introduced in Wesnoth. Ironic.
And the Campaing Crashes when im about to enter onto the Aragawaith Castle.
Now that is really strange. I need more details on that part (i.e. stderr.txt, stdout.txt, the relevant saved games).

I'll check your contribution, and talk about it via PM. We don't want to spoil the story here, do we? ;)

EDIT: Almost forgot:
Espreon wrote:I noticed your little easter egg with an image of Tux and a unit file, I think it is very funny as I am a fellow Linux user. Do you ever get to face Tux or get him to fight for you? (I was just wondering how he would be implemented)

Oh and BTW this is a very nice campaign and hope this gets merged with the mainline...
I'm not completely sure, but I think he'll have a secret cameo in a secret scenario. Thus, "double-secret". I'll try to be creative on that. :)

Ah yes, the secret scenarios... I have 4 planned (1 for each episode) for 1.0. The idea is that they don't replace an scenario in the normal branch, but they get added in between the line. Not sure if you understand what I meant. They'll be extra difficult anyways, but probably are going to have some reward for the courageous ones who dared enter them.

EDIT2: Updated on WesCamp-i18n at 0.9.1.90
EDIT3: Updated on WesCamp-i18n at 0.9.1.99