help wtih pbl file

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

waw

help wtih pbl file

Post by waw »

This is my pbl file:

title="A Prince's Tale"
icon="units/konrad-commander-defend"
version="0.1.1"
author="waw, artwork and images created by everybody else... right now I'm just a leech"
passphrase="*******"
description="Play as Anluin, a young prince of the Kingdom of Lania. His father goes off to war and Anluin decides to prove his own abilities. AUTHOR'S NOTES: My first Campaign, gonna have a lot of bugs. Currently has 6 scenarios up and running, hopefully smoothily. They are a bit lenghtier (some) so you may want to set you AI on accelerated. It has a lot of work to be done and isn't near the end, but try it anyways and give me feedback."

It is saved as A_Prince's_Tale.pbl

Its location is

data/campaigns/A_Prince's_Tale.pbl

I have my cfg, that is all correct.

I have my folder all set.

When I log onto the add-ons server (campaigns.wesnoth.org)

There is no button for me to upload.

How can I fix this?
What would you give for your freedom?
Sapient
Inactive Developer

Re: help wtih pbl file

Post by Sapient »

waw wrote:
Its location is

data/campaigns/A_Prince's_Tale.pbl
is that userdata data? what is the full path
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/User:Sapient... "Looks like your skills saved us again. Uh, well at least, they saved Soarin's apple pie."
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

The apostrophe might be doing the trick. And what's your cfg file called?
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
waw

Post by waw »

A_Prince's_Tale.cfg

Ya, its in Userdata

Wesnoth/userdata/data/campaigns/A_Prince's_Tale

Do I tip the folder or something?

Its all in Userdate
Weeksy

Post by Weeksy »

try it with no apostrophe.
If enough people bang their heads against a brick wall, The brick wall will fall down
waw

Post by waw »

:( Didn't help!

I made sure I changed all the prince's to princes
Rhuvaen
Inactive Developer

Post by Rhuvaen »

Does the .pbl file have exactly the same name as the main .cfg campaign file (except for ending in .pbl of course)?
waw

Post by waw »

yup they are just like each other
MDG

Suggestion

Post by MDG »

Waw, zip up the .pbl file and post it up here. People can download it along with the campaign files and then check if they get the upload option and then try troubleshooting it if they don't.

Are the zipped files in your campaign thread up to date? You indicated there were errors?

What version of Battle for Wenoth have you developed this for? (If I asked you this in another thread, I apologise. I'm losing track of a few things lately...).
waw

Post by waw »

I use Wesnoth 1.2.6.

The only errors that are currently lying around should simply be dialog and placing of some people. Things like that, and story wise. For me, the levels play fine.

I will zip up everything tonight, but its okay to put the pbl file on here?
MDG

Post by MDG »

waw wrote:I will zip up everything tonight, but its okay to put the pbl file on here?
The add-on server is fully under the control of the devs/admins, they can remove anything put up by anyone messing around (and may well ban them if they are truly being an immature, malicious, pain...).

I'd recommend asterisking the password in the file rather than using whatever you intend it to actually be.

Posting it up means people can check if they get the upload option without then going ahead and actually uploading it...
waw

Post by waw »

http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic. ... 828#246828

The pbl is now there as one of the attachments.[/url]
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

I've checked out the attachments you sent in the other thread and I believe I've found out what is the problem. Oesis and me banged our heads for hours last night about a similar problem, trying to figure out why is he unable to upload the scenario he created, when all the files had the proper keys. He was a victim of a nasty windows default called "Hide extensions for known file types", and most likely so are you.

To fix it :
Go to Start>Control Panel
( Select Switch to clasic view if you are on WinXP and if you are using the category view of the control panel)
Open Folder Options and select View tab
find the "Hide extensions for known file typs" box from the menu and uncheck the box
(While you're at it, you might want to change "Hidden files and folders" status in the same menu from "Hide hidden files and folders" to "Show hidden files and folders", because that is another unintuitive windows default, but that is another story )
Click Apply, then OK

After you do all this, go back to Wesnoth's userdata/data/campaigns folder and you will see for yourself that your pbl file is actually named A_Princes_Tale.pbl.txt, not A_Prices_Tale.pbl, like it appeared to be named before. That is the reason why the add-on server doesn't let you upload your campaign - it is unable to recognize the pbl file, because it has an extension .pbl.txt , not .pbl like it is supposed to have. Just manually rename the file to A_Prices_Tale.pbl restart wesnoth and see if you can upload the campaign on the add-on server ( it should be the last entry on the server, named as "Publish add-on A Prince's Tale" )

I hope this helped
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
waw

Post by waw »

IT HELPED!!!

WOOT

er... sry..

Thank you very much.

EDIT:

um, now when I click ok the program freezes... So I can't upload yet... but I'll keep trying.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Post by Mythological »

Uploading content on the server might make wesnoth client to appear to be frozen, and it usually takes some time to upload your content, especially if the size of the upload is big ( campaigns, eras ) and/or if you have a slow connection ( the upload speed of the internet connection is by far inferior compared to the download speed so uploading content takes much longer than downloading content ). So I suggest you to try to upload the file again and to be patient. Don't mind if the client appears to be frozen and wait for some time. I remember that an era once took me over an hour to upload.
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never