A Prince's Tale

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

waw

Post by waw »

Ok
What would you give for your freedom?
waw

Post by waw »

0.1.3 is now on the server.

The bug on scenario 3 has been fixed... I hope!

Also, the scenarios have been extended all the way up to scenario 9. We are looking at about 7 more roughly. At the most: 20.

Ok, I know its long and all but I hope you are finding it fun anyways.

Also, I know that I am an image thief (I use everything in the regular mainline scenarios at one point it seems!!!) and I give proper thanks to those people.

In the meantime... units like Royal Guard have been used to create Bodyguard, they look the same but have slight stat differences. This is for gameplay balancing in the scenario and make it all fit a lil nicer. So please don't eat me for using previously rendered sprites!!!
waw

Post by waw »

[side]
type="Fighter"
description="Anluin"
side="1"
canrecruit="1"
controller="human"
recruit="Spearman, Elvish Archer, Elvish Shaman"
shroud="no"
team_name="1"
bonus=no

When i do this I am still recieving a bonus at the end. The problem is I don't want to!!! Its a normal scenario of annihalting everybody else... so here is my question:

How do I make it work?

By the way... on scenario 4 you start with two Grania!!!!

And you can start with a massive amount of gold rather than what you are supposed to...

I iwll fix that once I get this code working. I will post an update on sunday when I have gone through most other bugs.
waw

Post by waw »

The next version 0.1.4 is online.
Blueblaze

Post by Blueblaze »

What changed in this new verison?
waw

Post by waw »

Oh, I took out alot of testing things that I had floating around, as well as the fact that in scenario 4 you end up with -700 gold because of a typo that got left in there.

Sry bout that. No bigger difference but the previous stated problem about the major gold bonus shouldn't matter with what is set up.
jdp

Suthra Dukedom

Post by jdp »

Thank you very much for fixing the General Mosius bug.

I downloaded the new version, but I've come across a few things in the 'Suthra Dukedom' scenario:

My gold was 220 at the end of the previous scenario, but I started with minus 780. I seem to have lost 1000 and couldn't see an explanation for this.

I couldn't recruit at the starting point. This may have been deliberate. I didn't really need to.

I gave 200 to the dwarves and got their support even though I had minus 780. I then had minus 980.

There was an error message and the game stopped when Grania reached 120 experience points. The error said there was no 'Corsair Mage' unit available.
waw

Post by waw »

Bugs have been noted, thank you.

Hopefully this version fixes the problem with the money and the corsair mage is a sea witch... it was a problem when I was developing her.

Anyways, i am putting up 1.5 that should have your bugs fixed. Sorry about that.
jdp

Post by jdp »

I just tried again. The money works fine now, but I still got an error message about the corsair mage and the game stopped.

I'm really enjoying the game.
waw

Post by waw »

Hmm. I'll see what I can do, I know where the error is but I thought I fixed it. Do you have 1.5? Look for 1.6 today with a few updates.

I'm starting on Scenario ten today too!!
:D
jdp

Post by jdp »

Yes, I have 1.5
waw

Post by waw »

I am uploading 0.1.6 now. Please note that if you got Grania and are uploading the new version... you will need to go back and get her again. This is because he unit.cfg has been reconfigured and the changes won't take place unless you go back there. Sorry for the inconvenience.
waw

Post by waw »

A long awaited update:

I have remapped my last scenarios and am currently reworking some levels. I switched comps so the playtesting is taking forever now. (I switched comps twice!)

I won't be adding anything online for awhile until I get quite a bit worked out, possibly even finished just because of time constraints.

And this is the one time I am going to say this... I am eventually going to upload a final version, but I am also having a non-Wesnoth supported version of the game (it will break copyright laws of a company that has dissipated years ago, but still). So if you are a fan of the game and would like to see the 'truth' behind the story, feel free to send me a message asking for the FINAL file (not yet though!!!) It will NOT ever be uploaded on Wesnoth and I won't tell you what it is and such unless it is in PM's.

Anyways, enjoy what's there and the few updates coming now and again. Thanks for playing!
revi

Post by revi »

Hi,
thank you for a nice campaign,

however, there seems to be a tiny bug:

scenario 7 (Death and Glory) has an extension .txt, and so I get a 'scenario not found' error.

Also, I have two (2) scenarios 07_??

Good luck

Revi
waw

Post by waw »

i'm working on the final four levels right now...

I have some questions for anybody with experienced coding abilities...

I have it a special boss to fight, we'll call him Evil

Now, when you fight Evil, I would like him to die, and reappear in a second form, and then a third form. But that's sorta hard for me, not sure how to code it.

I'd be comfortable with him having easy level ups to go from 1st form to 2nd form to 3rd form, but I'd need to know how to get him to talk each time he levels up. Is there any code for this?

Anybody care to help out?