Raajal

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

garak

Raajal

Post by garak »

Sorry when there is another thread for this campaign ,but i cannot find
Yesterday i download the campaign .
I played on medium the first scenario. i have no idea ,how to do that !kill 14 level 2 units in 30 turns.and also after 6 turns the scenario was finished and I lost,maybe because i cant kill any of the units.do you have any suggestions for me?

Thx
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

every unit you kill becames a ghost you can use to kill other units or slow down trolls.

every time one of this unit is killed it just returns on the castle and from there you can move it.

Strategy:

- kill marksman and berserks
- move some of them to hold the trolls and kill the units that got already wounded by them.
- keep killing the berserks while you are at it.

the story seems interesting but so far it is just one scenario.
Edward V Riley

Post by Edward V Riley »

Yes, after you kill units, they become yours to use.

tip: after they die(again) and go back to your starting castle, move them towards the island and on the next turn, use them to "cut off" the elves at the water. Plus, it's easier to kill the living when they're wading through that.

The second scenario.....Jesus tapdancing christ...the witches are too hard. Might want to adjust that.
Who Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows
pauxlo

Story?

Post by pauxlo »

Hmm, is there any story connecting Scenario 1/2 (the undead general killing elves and dwarves) and 3/4 (the witches sinking ships)?

If there is, than it is not visible.
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

Edward V Riley wrote:The second scenario.....Jesus tapdancing christ...the witches are too hard. Might want to adjust that.
I'll add a few more galleons to make it easier.
pauxlo wrote:Hmm, is there any story connecting Scenario 1/2 (the undead general killing elves and dwarves) and 3/4 (the

witches sinking ships)?

If there is, than it is not visible.
After the fourth scenario, there will be a series of flashback scenarios (two playable) that will fill in the gap between the second and third scenarios.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

genosuke wrote:
Edward V Riley wrote:The second scenario.....Jesus tapdancing christ...the witches are too hard. Might want to adjust that.
I'll add a few more galleons to make it easier.
1/2 the witches hp
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

lu_zero wrote:
genosuke wrote: I'll add a few more galleons to make it easier.
1/2 the witches hp
or make the defense 50%
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

The apprendice has the players and leaders revive on hit, how I'm supposed to kill them?
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

The witches are supposed to be hard to kill. I might even have to make them tougher so they stand a chance against Raajal.

I'm not sure what you mean about units reviving when hit. Each turn, a skeleton is given to each leader on a keep (Raajal has 200 skeletons in total). When a human leader is killed, all of his skeletons are also killed. As long as you conquer at least two castles before the skeletons run out, your army should be large enough to defeat the remaining human leaders.
biren

Post by biren »

I keep on getting this error message: "Unknown scenario: six years earlier"

when I finish reading the story scenario before

what to do?
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

The scenario doesn't exist yet.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

genosuke wrote:The witches are supposed to be hard to kill. I might even have to make them tougher so they stand a chance against Raajal.

I'm not sure what you mean about units reviving when hit. Each turn, a skeleton is given to each leader on a keep (Raajal has 200 skeletons in total). When a human leader is killed, all of his skeletons are also killed. As long as you conquer at least two castles before the skeletons run out, your army should be large enough to defeat the remaining human leaders.
once one leader is killed it is revived with 0hp

that happens using wesnoth trunk
genosuke

Post by genosuke »

Very strange. I just tried the scenario using trunk and it worked as it should. There's also nothing in the wml of the die event that could make leaders revive.
Edward V Riley

Post by Edward V Riley »

ok. On medium, the absolute best I've gotten one witch down to is 120 hp, and that's with save/loading constantly so that most attacks hits. However, as soon as I got the witch down to that, the very next turn she drains on a hit and is back up to 145hp. Meanwhile, I've less and less to attack them with.

Point being, this scenario is next to impossible. I'd have a better chance playing pickup sticks with my buttcheeks than beating this one.

It's a shame, as the story is going well and some interesting features are showing up in it. I'm going to swallow my pride soon and try it on easy.
Who Knows what evil lurks in the hearts of men?
The Shadow knows
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Edward V Riley wrote:ok. On medium, the absolute best I've gotten one witch down to is 120 hp, and that's with save/loading constantly so that most attacks hits. However, as soon as I got the witch down to that, the very next turn she drains on a hit and is back up to 145hp. Meanwhile, I've less and less to attack them with.

Point being, this scenario is next to impossible. I'd have a better chance playing pickup sticks with my buttcheeks than beating this one.

It's a shame, as the story is going well and some interesting features are showing up in it. I'm going to swallow my pride soon and try it on easy.
strategy:

- head to the low water/island
- make sure you manage to put your units on an high defense land
- survive