Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

LurkerAbove

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by LurkerAbove »

Ok, starting to dig into WML and into add-ons. Interested in The Militia which sort of sounds like it might not quite count as abandoned, and thought I would see if I can get Forgotten Legacy up and running.

Is this the best place to post to see if anybody is already working with or maintaining these?
And when you look up, they drop on you. -- Winnie the Pooh
SkyOne

Post by SkyOne »

LurkerAbove wrote:Ok, starting to dig into WML and into add-ons. Interested in The Militia which sort of sounds like it might not quite count as abandoned, and thought I would see if I can get Forgotten Legacy up and running.

Is this the best place to post to see if anybody is already working with or maintaining these?
A nice thought.:)
There is usually the thread(s) for each campaign on this forum.
Forgotten Legacy - http://forum.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=9187
Unable to find the Militia thread, though.
Fate of a Princess/feedback thread: "What is in own heart that is the most important, not who you are."
Drake Campaign: Brave Wings/feedback thread, Naga Campaign: Return of the Monster, Saurian Campaign: Across the Ocean
Northern Forces - now on 1.12 server
LurkerAbove

Post by LurkerAbove »

Thanks! I found the thread for The Militia.
http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... ia#p590491

It seems as though at least some parts of the forums are a little sleepy. I'm not sure how fast or completely I'll be working on these, but I'll at least put a tentative flag in them.

SkyOne, I see in your signature you're looking for an English editor. I'm not exactly a detail oriented sort, but I'll at least give the campaign a play through and read the dialogue. I'll be able to at least catch the parts that would sound differently in the U.S.
And when you look up, they drop on you. -- Winnie the Pooh
SlyVenom

Post by SlyVenom »

I am interested in maintaing a New Order, I have already pm'd the writer to get his blessing. Unfortunately he did not have the current password.
Xara

Post by Xara »

SlyVenom wrote:I am interested in maintaing a New Order, I have already pm'd the writer to get his blessing. Unfortunately he did not have the current password.
I ported A New Order to 1.12, and I sent the password to szopen via pm after the porting, but maybe he has deleted the message? Anyway, if you have his permission, I can send the password to you as well.
It pronounces Sha'ha, not Zara.

Feedback Thread of my Add-ons
rogul

Post by rogul »

I have ported Struggle for Freedom to 1.12, only early stages but all scenarios are playable at the moment. See link to the campaign forum in my footer.

Not sure where to put this, but was wondering if I should create a new forum topic for my port? I have posted to the existing forum but anyone starting to read it will see it at the point that it was for BoW1.6, whereas I have had to go back to a 0.1 version as some things don't work while I am porting it and changing a number of things.
Bitron
Developer

Post by Bitron »

Hey guys!

I have a bit of WML experience now and would like to help with maintaining a Campaign.
Unfortunately, I'm not the greatest artist, so I can't help with artworks, but if it is about WML, I'm totally willing to help!
Which ones are to choose?
Tarcil

Post by Tarcil »

I would say you should looking for a campaign you like, that is maybe stuck in earlier versions and checking the thread of this campaign and if no one answered you can port the campaign...at least I would do it that way.
Creator of "In Defense of Kharos" viewtopic.php?t=56628
Ostejo

Post by Ostejo »

I'm going to look into porting "Sceptre of Life" by OSJ.It looks like it still needs to be updated.

I've sent him an email to make sure he's alright with it.
Durin_the_great

Post by Durin_the_great »

Hey guys, wanted to know: is The Earth's Gut still maintained? It's great, but Anonyssimuss is gome somewhere.
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

Durin_the_great wrote:Hey guys, wanted to know: is The Earth's Gut still maintained? It's great, but Anonyssimuss is gome somewhere.
Thanks.
In principle yes. I was planning to update/adapt/maintain my addons when it is about time for the next stable wesnoth release (1.14). Looks as if this might happen this spring.
The versions on the 1.12 addons server should still be working.
Additional scenarios likely won't come any time the next months though.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

It looks like a current snapshot of campaigns is needed to understand what is currently on each version, what is maintained, what could be ported, etc. I will make another spreadsheet and post it here in the near future for anyone interested in maintaining older campaigns.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
SFault

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Elves Banding for War

Post by SFault »

I put quite some time to create the Elves Banding for War campaign. It turned out quite nice (although I'm not happy with the last playable scenario) but it still has quite many bugs and smaller ideas that weren't implemented. For quite some time I thought that maybe some day...

But the truth is that I haven't updated it for years. I'm busy with work and I have a new campaign under construction. Therefore if anyone would like to maintain it I would be glad to give it up. Just PM me and I'll give what you need.

Sorry, if this is not the right place to post this.
segmentation fault
EBfW, GtR, Art, Old art
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Hi everyone,

With the Steam release I was nosing around on the discussion forums and someone was asking about RPG style mods - I directed them towards Gambciv and Cities of the Frontier. I realised that both are not on the 1.14 server and I got thinking about the list of unmaintained campaigns and add-ons.

I know there is a list of UMC here: http://wiki.wesnoth.org/Guide_to_UMC_Content which seems to detail those campaigns and eras which are on 1.12 and actively maintained. Does anyone know how up-to-date that list is?

There is also Groggy_Dice's list: viewtopic.php?f=6&t=36733 which was last updated in December 2012 and covers everything not ported to 1.10

Lastly, we have the list of the add-ons on each stable server version: http://add-ons.wesnoth.org/ (and development versions, but I've not been through those).

I have taken Groggy Dice's list as the starting point, merged in all the new add-ons from 1.10 and 1.12 and compared them against the current 1.14 add-ons. Attached is a list of unique (ish) add-ons which are not present on 1.14. A few caveats:
- The list for 1.8 and earlier is based on Groggy Dice's list
- The list for 1.10 and 1.12 is based on the add-on link above
- I don't know any real scripting, so I did this via Excel. There may be add-ons missed off and some duplicates
- There will be some 1.12 add-ons which just haven't been ported over yet

Considering that a lot of these are perfectly functional add-ons which have just been forgotten, it should be reasonably straight forward to get them updated and on to the 1.14 servers. I've never done this before, but I recall there being a program which will modify all the WML to conform with the latest version. Can anyone give me an idiots guide to doing this and I'll try and make time to get cracking on the list.

Any comments appreciated.
Attachments
Unported add ons.ods
(146.81 KiB) Downloaded 8330 times
octalot
General Code Maintainer

Post by octalot »

Wow, thanks for this. I've just updated the Guide_to_UMC_content, archiving all the parts that were only for 1.12. The data for 1.12 was last updated in November, the data for 1.13/1.14 was added yesterday.

The program for updating the WML might be wmllint - it definitely helps, but a lot of the warnings have to be fixed manually.