Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Adamant14

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by Adamant14 »

I don't know where you can find such a list, but you can find some unmaintained campaigns here

Or you like to update one of these unported campaigns
Author of Antar, Son of Rheor ( SP Campaign) | Development Thread + Feedback Thread + Replays of ASoR
SpaceShip_Earth

Post by SpaceShip_Earth »

Thank You Adamant14!
I looked through the "Guide to UMC Campaigns" and found "Considerate Dead". With the status: Incomplete, unbalanced, abandoned.
Will have a closer look when time is given.
Sire

Post by Sire »

The campaign I originally worked on, Red Winter, is now officially abandoned. To obtain the scenario code, download the campaign from the official Add-Ons server. All of my notes, concepts, and drafted maps are in the attachment provided. No credit or permission is required, although it will be appreciated if credit is given.

With nothing more to say, good luck and continue enjoying Wesnoth!
Attachments
Sire Dev Notes.zip
(147.35 KiB) Downloaded 698 times
Current Projects: [Sire's Scenarios] || [Red Winter Reborn]
Gitanomad_X

Post by Gitanomad_X »

Has Wings of Victory been abandoned? I was fascinated by the idea of the campaign, and I read somewhere that it was supposed to become "the" mainline drakes campaign. Is there a full storyline that needs to be coded and have associated artwork developed, or is the story as yet unwritten?

Thanks!
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

Gitanomad_X wrote:Has Wings of Victory been abandoned? I was fascinated by the idea of the campaign, and I read somewhere that it was supposed to become "the" mainline drakes campaign. Is there a full storyline that needs to be coded and have associated artwork developed, or is the story as yet unwritten?

Thanks!
It has no activity since 2011, but you could always check with fabi about his plans.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
jeffgreen

Post by jeffgreen »

I'm not sure about maintaining a campaign, but I've come accross a broken one and can't find a thread relating to it, so I assume it's abandoned.
The Great Invasion (TGI) fails at the end of "The Last Chance" scenario because of a typo in the next scenario "The Dwarvish Fight" I've corrected the typo (and some of the English) and the corrected scenario is attached. I'm not at all sure about things like uploading to servers, so I'll need some hand holding and step by step instructions if that's what I'm meant to do.
06_The_Dwarvish_Fight.cfg
corrected scenario
(1.77 KiB) Downloaded 547 times
But I get stuck again later on TGI The Goblins WML error reading the side number? There are only two sides in the scenario, side=1 and side=3. I'm confused.
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Gitanomad_X wrote:Has Wings of Victory been abandoned? I was fascinated by the idea of the campaign, and I read somewhere that it was supposed to become "the" mainline drakes campaign. Is there a full storyline that needs to be coded and have associated artwork developed, or is the story as yet unwritten?

Thanks!
Hello Gitanomad_X, there has no release to the add-on server since 2 years but I am secretly still working on it.
The story and the scenario layout is more or less done so far.
On the TODO list are still some maps for the later scenarios.

Regards,
Fabian
lipk

Post by lipk »

Dear Forums,

I've started working on a new undead campaign like, uh, 1.5 years ago? Many months have passed since I lastly worked on it, and I'm pretty sure that I won't have nor the motivation neither the time to resume developing in the foreseeable future.

So, here it is. Play it, finish it, take the parts you like or anything.

The music folder is uploaded in two parts due to size limits.
Attachments
music2.zip
(3.27 MiB) Downloaded 608 times
music.zip
(5.56 MiB) Downloaded 599 times
TBC.zip
(1.2 MiB) Downloaded 588 times
Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

Post by Groggy_Dice »

I will basically be concentrating on real-life stuff for at least the next few months. Any Wesnoth time I manage to slip in will go into wmllint, helping to port campaigns in general, rather than specific campaigns. So I guess I should let anyone interested in any of the campaigns I've ported to take over, if the original authors are also ok with it.

These include:

Prudence (Josh Roby) - I ported this to 1.8. I did run it through wmllint for 1.10, but the real problem is that many scenarios badly need rebalancing. Right now, it's best to enjoy the story, and debug-cheat when you have to.

The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY) - Ported to 1.8. There is a bug with the macro for magical items, it gives an extraneous message. I was going to convert the campaign to use the core macro for magical items, then changed my mind halfway in and didn't get back to it.

By the Sword (monochromatic) - Ported to both 1.8 and 1.10. But the first scenario needs to be rebalanced on higher difficulties, because your ally gets himself killed. I did some testing to try to fix it, but didn't find a good solution.

Also, I have a port of Trials of Tycho on my GitHub account. The blockers that have kept me from uploading to the add-ons server are:
  • Kiena's movement points need to be restored in a scenario where she is unstored, otherwise she could be killed by sea monsters before the other mermen can help her
  • Some recruitment pattern/recruit list mismatches
  • The first scenario may be too tough on hard
Also, you can find a forum thread where I uploaded a bugfixed port of Dark Elves: A New Threat for someone who was having WML problems.
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)
MadMax

Post by MadMax »

Looking for a maintainer for Flight to Freedom (unless Nova comes back). PM me if interested.
"ILLEGITIMIS NON CARBORUNDUM"

Father of Flight to Freedom
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/FlightToFreedom
Gitanomad_X

Post by Gitanomad_X »

fabi wrote:

Thanks!
Hello Gitanomad_X, there has no release to the add-on server since 2 years but I am secretly still working on it.
The story and the scenario layout is more or less done so far.
On the TODO list are still some maps for the later scenarios.

Regards,
Fabian
Hi again Fabian, I'm just doing a six-month follow-up to see what the current plans are. I know how easy it is to leave things in the "I'm sure I'll get to that real soon" stage if no one else seems to be paying attention. Even another alpha scenario would be welcome (and even better on 1.11). Thanks once more, and please take this message as encouragement, not a complaint, okay?
fabi
Inactive Developer

Post by fabi »

Gitanomad_X wrote:Hi again Fabian, I'm just doing a six-month follow-up to see what the current plans are. I know how easy it is to leave things in the "I'm sure I'll get to that real soon" stage if no one else seems to be paying attention. Even another alpha scenario would be welcome (and even better on 1.11). Thanks once more, and please take this message as encouragement, not a complaint, okay?
Hello again,
I have done some work on the campaign but nothing releasable yet.
Currently everything is focused on getting 1.12 nice and shiny.
So don't hold your breath,
development on Wings of Victory won't continue until the stable release is out.

Maybe you want to lend me some hand with map making?
This is the main problem right now.
Turuk
Sithslayer

Post by Turuk »

fabi wrote:
Gitanomad_X wrote:Hi again Fabian, I'm just doing a six-month follow-up to see what the current plans are. I know how easy it is to leave things in the "I'm sure I'll get to that real soon" stage if no one else seems to be paying attention. Even another alpha scenario would be welcome (and even better on 1.11). Thanks once more, and please take this message as encouragement, not a complaint, okay?
Hello again,
I have done some work on the campaign but nothing releasable yet.
Currently everything is focused on getting 1.12 nice and shiny.
So don't hold your breath,
development on Wings of Victory won't continue until the stable release is out.

Maybe you want to lend me some hand with map making?
This is the main problem right now.
If you give me some of the ideas that you need, I can help with map making. I have some drafts from our previous conversations over the campaign fabi.
Mainline Maintainer: AOI, DM, NR, TB and THoT.
UMC Maintainer: Forward They Cried, A Few Logs, A Few More Logs, Start of the War, and Battle Against Time
Masterchief40k

Post by Masterchief40k »

Hi im the new one around here.
I wanna start learning to create / or finish an campaign and im interested in getting stuff to play around with.
Is something out there?
ElvishThunderer

Post by ElvishThunderer »

Does anyone know of any abandoned campaigns? I would really like to dip my toes in the water and experiment with it. :)