Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Matthi205

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by Matthi205 »

I did a conversion of Autumn Kingdoms: Prologue from 1.6 to 1.10 . Lots of problems on scenario 1 ... But now it works .
I have PM'ed Devrailis Colandore with the changes I made and the new files . Whoever would like to try them out is welcome to do so:
Autumn_Kingdoms_Prologue_1.10.zip
(438.49 KiB) Downloaded 402 times
I probably won't take over development of this campaign . This is intended to make it easier on whoever will maintain it in the future .
Vincinct

Post by Vincinct »

is anyone currently maintaining and finishing "love to death"
it is a very good campaign that was known for having a great story.
i am completely willing to write for it but a coder is needed for making scenarios.
plus,its not updated past 1.8

Also,looking for a campaign i can co work on and write the story for while someone else writes
Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

Post by Groggy_Dice »

Matthi205 wrote:I did a conversion of Autumn Kingdoms: Prologue from 1.6 to 1.10 .
I am glad someone is working on this campaign. While looking through the unported campaigns, I remember being impressed by the quality of its prose, even though I never tested its gameplay. Hopefully, that "<<" bug wasn't as hard on you as it was on me.

However, I did want to let people know that you are now posting updated zips in the Autumn Kingdoms thread, not here. http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php ... 30#p535129
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)
Crendgrim
Moderator Emeritus

Post by Crendgrim »

Vincinct wrote:is anyone currently maintaining and finishing "love to death"
I've not heard of anyone doing so, and my attempts to contact the original creators back in last autumn weren't successful. So, I guess it's not maintained by anyone right now.
UMC Story Images — Story images for your campaign!
Vincinct

Post by Vincinct »

Crendgrim wrote:
I've not heard of anyone doing so, and my attempts to contact the original creators back in last autumn weren't successful. So, I guess it's not maintained by anyone right now.

Ive guessed that,the main focus being that does anyone wish to pick it up(with me,of course.remember i have no wml skill,i just want to 'write' for campaigns
Aghanim

Post by Aghanim »

The campaign "knights of the silver spire" hasn't been updated since 2009... I'm willing to help, but I sure could use the help of an experienced coder !
nickanc

Post by nickanc »

I have been playing "Count Kromire" with 1.10.4 and it works fine. Could it be updated in 1.10 or 1.11 add-on server?
Dwarven_Void

Post by Dwarven_Void »

I just did. 1.11 dosen't have era of myths (and as that is till going, I won't upload it). Count Kromire is on the 1.10 server, and will stay there until someone takes over.

I uploaded only because this is a classic that shouldn't die, please do not hold me responsible for maintenance. If anyone does want to further the campaign, please let me know, and I will hand it over immediately.
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

I have done a quick run once through Love to Death more from the point of view of maintaining it rather than playing it.
It is, of course, incomplete.

Till the time someone wants to develop / co-develop it, I can:
1. Fix the grammar errors in the text
2. Try and remove WML errors that are thrown along with some minor bugs that I can or anyone else can identify
3. Try to create some choice in the scenarios (the most difficult part as of now).

Apart from that, I am interested in coding (just starting out) and would definitely appreciate help in co-authoring a campaign.

Do let me know.

If I do make some fixes, how do I upload them the updated files on the server.

Is there anyone who currently maintains Love to Death??
it is a very good campaign that was known for having a great story.
i am completely willing to write for it but a coder is needed for making scenarios.
plus,its not updated past 1.8

Also,looking for a campaign i can co work on and write the story for while someone else writes
greenman

Post by greenman »

I see you posted on that campaigns forum too - it appears completely abandoned. I made contact with the creator ages ago, and they were going to send me the PBL (the key file to be able to upload updates), but they never did. I don't know what the process to take over an abandoned campaign is, or get access to the PBL, I can't find any documentation on it.
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

I spoke to one of the forum moderators (Crendgrim) who himself tried getting the passphrase to Love of Death.

In absence of any communication from the authors - he has suggested uploading a version of it called "Love to Death Updated".

That is precisely what I plan to do over the next 1-2 weeks (if real life does not come in between).

Having said that - If anyone is planning to work on it, do let me know - I would not like effort to be duplicated.

greenman wrote:

I see you posted on that campaigns forum too - it appears completely abandoned. I made contact with the creator ages ago, and they were going to send me the PBL (the key file to be able to upload updates), but they never did. I don't know what the process to take over an abandoned campaign is, or get access to the PBL, I can't find any documentation on it.
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Hi

Is there a list of campaigns that need maintaining/updating/testing etc.?
How do you find one without stepping on other peoples' toes?
Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

Post by Groggy_Dice »

nickg4000 wrote:Hi

Is there a list of campaigns that need maintaining/updating/testing etc.?
How do you find one without stepping on other peoples' toes?
As it so happens, I did start such a list earlier this year. See http://forums.wesnoth.org/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36733. (Heads up about the attachment in my post, I am planning to update it next week, following the turn of the month.)

As far as stepping on toes goes... I've added notes to the forum entries about porting attempts that I know of, or other possibly pertinent information. (These comments are not included with the HTML lists in my attachment, however.) It's also considered polite to PM the author, and you probably also want to check the campaign's forum thread (assuming there is one) to see if there's any development activity mentioned there. Then you can post about your intentions in this thread and/or the campaign thread.
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)
Starlight

Post by Starlight »

Aghanim wrote:The campaign "knights of the silver spire" hasn't been updated since 2009... I'm willing to help, but I sure could use the help of an experienced coder !
Is this available on any of the add-ons servers. I would like to have a look at it........

EDIT: Found this on Add-on Server for 1.5
nickg4000

Post by nickg4000 »

Hi Groggy

As it so happens, I did start such a list earlier this year. See viewtopic.php?f=8&t=36733. (Heads up about the attachment in my post, I am planning to update it next week, following the turn of the month.)
I look forward to seeing it

Thanks