Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Starlight

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by Starlight »

I have done a conversion of Knights of the Silver Spire to 1.10, and it is available from the add-ons server.
5 scenarios are now playble.

The new thread is here.

I intend to continue development in this campaign.
Lord-Knightmare
Discord Moderator
Location: Somewhere in the depths of Irdya, gathering my army to eventually destroy the known world.

Post by Lord-Knightmare »

The Settlers of Light could use a new maintainer. The author said that he gave up maintaining it and was looking for someone to carry on his work, so I placed the abandoned campaign here.

In addition, since have a hell-load of add-ons (One era, and 8 campaigns) to maintain, I'm putting Start of the War up for a new maintainer. If nobody shows interest in maintaining this campaign, I will resume my task as the maintainer.
Creator of "War of Legends"
Creator of the Isle of Mists survival scenario.
Maintainer of Forward They Cried
User:Knyghtmare | My Medium
Dugi

Post by Dugi »

I have recently ported Great Race (from 1.6) for 1.10 / 1.11 . It is only here atm, should I upload it to the add-ons server? Any ideas where the authors, Lunar2 and Weeksy, might be?
Crow_T

Post by Crow_T »

I've been playing Gali's Contract, and when my watcher went to level up I got an error that the journeyman couldn't be found and the scenario quit. I then notice my Imperial Era Fixed needed to be updated, which I did, now the units> dwarves-cavernei folder is empty! I have some basic wml skills so I was going to try to fix this, but now I'm lost- I will also check the IEF thread.

It seems that the dwarf halos that should be there aren't as well.
AfterDawn

Post by AfterDawn »

I decided I want to take on maintaining the Settlers of Light campaign. Do I just setup a new thread on the forum for it? I've already taken the liberty and made all the scenarios playable I hope that's ok.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Crow_T: I've just uploaded a new version of GC that will work with the 1.11 series. Good luck.
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
Groggy_Dice
Inactive Developer

Post by Groggy_Dice »

It looks like my next campaign port will be Trials of Tyco, from 1.6. I've already got a repository for it up on my github page, though I still want to make a few more changes before I upload to the server (particularly relating to mismatched recruit lists and patterns).

It's a merman campaign that sticks with relatively small maps, and its story feels like "Dead Water lite" (though I haven't yet finished that campaign). A lot of people would probably feel that DW makes it redundant and obsolete. Indeed, the reason I got involved in porting it is not because I think it's great, but because I spotted some bugs, and was frustrated that I couldn't report them because the author never started a forum thread.
Ports:
Prudence (Josh Roby) | By the Sword (monochromatic) | The Eight of Cembulad (Lintana~ & WYRMY)
Resources:
UMC Timeline (Dec) | List of Unported UMC (Dec) | wmllint++ (Feb)
jesusalva

Post by jesusalva »

I taking the 1.6 campaign 'Fiery Menace'. if some one have a huge know about Lua, this campaign need it, each scenario has 40 KB without the storyline.
Also attends by Jesus Saves in other places.
arshanq

Post by arshanq »

Hello guys,i recently started playing this game and i must say i am becoming an addict to this game. It is really the best open source game i have ever played .Well, the thing is i am a graduate student and a big fan of programming but a newbie to open source society, to improve my coding skills i want to contribute my part to the open source society and this game seems like a lot of fun, so i was wondering if it would be plausible for me to begin by starting working on an abandoned campaign . Also if you could suggest me a particular campaign i should work on it would be really helpful .
Anonymissimus
Inactive Developer

Post by Anonymissimus »

While taking over an abandoned campaign is more useful for the community, it is probably easier for a wml beginner to start an own addon. You could check out A simple campaign (see my signature) to become familiar with wml.
Not sure about abandoned campaigns, their difficulty varies a lot I suppose. People usually take the ones they know or like.
projects (BfW 1.12):
A Simple Campaign: campaign draft for wml startersPlan Your Advancements: mp mod
The Earth's Gut: sp campaignSettlers of Wesnoth: mp scenarioWesnoth Lua Pack: lua tags and utils
updated to 1.8 and handed over: A Gryphon's Tale: sp campaign
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

post 1:
Yo guys... I decided to drop back for a visit after a long time.

Downloaded 1.11.1 and naturally, my campaign doesn't work.
Fiddled today with it trying to get it to work, but no dice.

There seems to have been a TON of changes .. some in the directory structure, in the .cfg files and some map changes. :hmm:

Now, I fixed all the maps (Ggf and Qv not working anymore... unless there is more) and changed the various file paths and folder structures, as well as made a new _main-cfg file but it still chrashes on startup.
For some reason it cannot read the first map. :annoyed:
Were there any more changes in the terrain code?

post 2:
Here is the complete campaign folder, in .rar format, in case someone can take a look and help me out.

* REMOVED, OUTDATED *

post 3:
Big thanks to Adamant14 for pointing out what needs fixing.

Alas, the campaign still doesn't work. It seems to ignroe my startign scenario... :doh:
Last edited by Gambit on April 10th, 2013, 10:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: merged triple post
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Gambit
Loose Screw

Post by Gambit »

Are you sure you're in the right thread?
TrashMan

Post by TrashMan »

Well, you are experts in getting old campaigns to work, aren't you? :P

Aynway, works now, os all is right in the world. :mrgreen:
Light travels much faster than sound, that's why some people seem bright until you hear them speak.

>>> MY LITTLE LAB! <<<
Astoria
Inactive Developer

Post by Astoria »

TrashMan wrote:Well, you are experts in getting old campaigns to work, aren't you? :P

Aynway, works now, os all is right in the world. :mrgreen:
What he meant is that we have a WML Workshop board for all WML related questions.
Formerly known as the creator of Era of Chaos and maintainer of The Aragwaithi and the Era of Myths.
SpaceShip_Earth

Post by SpaceShip_Earth »

Hello Brothers n Sister onBoard!

Over the years The Battle for Wesnoth has been with me on the journey, with ease and joy.
Now the time of my gratitude to be expressed is here, and so I come looking for what to give...
To care for an abandoned campagn seems to be it!

So, to the question!
Where is the up to date list of these campaigns, information about them and the files for continue the work?

Blessings from the Beyond!