Abandoned Add-ons - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Re: Abandoned Campaigns - Need Maintainers - Open to Anyone

Post by Konrad2 »

I'd like to point out that Trinity is almost certainly not abandoned. Also, I'm (technically) still working on updating that google thing, it just has been ages since I've had time for it. :/
doofus-01
Art Director

Post by doofus-01 »

Konrad2 wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 9:25 pm I'd like to point out that Trinity is almost certainly not abandoned.
Konrad2 is right about Trinity. I know it's taking a while, but I do plan to get it up on the BfW 1.14 server once I know it works. But it's not like I haven't been available here.
It's a cautionary example: Folks should do a little more research, beyond looking at the last upload date or last add-on thread post, before concluding something is abandoned.
BfW 1.12 supported, but active development only for BfW 1.13/1.14: Bad Moon Rising | Trinity | Archaic Era |
| Abandoned: Tales of the Setting Sun
GitHub link for these projects
bzame-wif

Post by bzame-wif »

doofus-01 wrote: December 3rd, 2018, 5:45 am
Konrad2 wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 9:25 pm I'd like to point out that Trinity is almost certainly not abandoned.
Konrad2 is right about Trinity. I know it's taking a while, but I do plan to get it up on the BfW 1.14 server once I know it works. But it's not like I haven't been available here.
It's a cautionary example: Folks should do a little more research, beyond looking at the last upload date or last add-on thread post, before concluding something is abandoned.
I do understand :)
The idea of looking at things which either last update occured quite a long time ago or have not been ported to new version is just a proxy to have a basis

Ravana wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 5:12 pm This was recently attempted with https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2013695552
I added the link to the wiki
Maybe you will get some help :D
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Ravana wrote: December 2nd, 2018, 5:12 pm This was recently attempted with https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... 2013695552
Hey - I see you've been adding to the document.

I haven't been working on anything Wesnoth since I made the original document. Just looking at it now, it could do with a bit of reformatting to make it primarily a list of every Wesnoth add-on, then to list which is the latest BfW version it exists for and then to list the maintained status of it. That way it can just be a continuously updated list rather than purely a list of add-ons not on 1.14.

Before I do anything to it, just wanted to check in with you (and anyone else who is working on it) on your thoughts.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

I have not worked on it more than adding info about my own addons.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Ahh, I just saw that you had made some comments on the headers - I guess some other people have also been using it. Mainly I didn't want to play around with it if people had an established process.

If it was made into more a 'live' document with all the add-ons on it, would it be worth adding it to the first post of this thread so that everyone is routed through it when finding old campaigns and sorting out maintainers? It could also serve as a resource for when people come looking for old add-ons they remember.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Daravel wrote: January 26th, 2019, 10:56 am I haven't been working on anything Wesnoth since I made the original document. Just looking at it now, it could do with a bit of reformatting to make it primarily a list of every Wesnoth add-on, then to list which is the latest BfW version it exists for and then to list the maintained status of it. That way it can just be a continuously updated list rather than purely a list of add-ons not on 1.14.
Right now it is primarily a list of every Wesnoth add-on (albeit an incomplete and not up to date one).
The only really unused headers are being ported/is ported/playtest owner/has been playtested.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Konrad2 wrote: January 26th, 2019, 2:55 pm
Daravel wrote: January 26th, 2019, 10:56 am I haven't been working on anything Wesnoth since I made the original document. Just looking at it now, it could do with a bit of reformatting to make it primarily a list of every Wesnoth add-on, then to list which is the latest BfW version it exists for and then to list the maintained status of it. That way it can just be a continuously updated list rather than purely a list of add-ons not on 1.14.
Right now it is primarily a list of every Wesnoth add-on (albeit an incomplete and not up to date one).
The only really unused headers are being ported/is ported/playtest owner/has been playtested.
Alrighty, I'll reformat it a bit and update it so that it shows all those add-ons that are on 1.14 correctly. By incomplete, do you just mean that it needs to be updated for 1.14?
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Daravel wrote: January 26th, 2019, 3:42 pm Alrighty, I'll reformat it a bit and update it so that it shows all those add-ons that are on 1.14 correctly. By incomplete, do you just mean that it needs to be updated for 1.14?
How would you do that/What do you mean with 'correctly'?

It needs to be updated for 1.14, 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 and checked/updated for 1.6 - 1.12. E.g. some add-ons were merely renamed and are listed twice or more.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Konrad2 wrote: January 26th, 2019, 4:30 pm
Daravel wrote: January 26th, 2019, 3:42 pm Alrighty, I'll reformat it a bit and update it so that it shows all those add-ons that are on 1.14 correctly. By incomplete, do you just mean that it needs to be updated for 1.14?
How would you do that/What do you mean with 'correctly'?

It needs to be updated for 1.14, 1.0, 1.2, 1.4 and checked/updated for 1.6 - 1.12. E.g. some add-ons were merely renamed and are listed twice or more.
Just to ensure that all the add-ons that are on the 1.14 server are listed being on 1.14 - I did this about 2-3 weeks after 1.14 was released, so I'm sure a lot more have been uploaded.

All the others, I just put the latest BfW version I found it in (except for, I think, 1.6 and earlier because I didn't think to do it and had already merged 1.6 and earlier into one list). But it doesn't really matter, because anything that old is going to need significant modifying to get it 1.14 ready and knowing which BfW version it did work for probably won't matter.

What I'll do is download the list of 1.14 add-ons, add all the new ones and find any in my list and update them to say they are on 1.14. Anything that isn't on 1.14 by now is probably abandoned any way. so we'll have a list of every add-on and whether it is on the current add-on server or not.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

Daravel wrote: January 26th, 2019, 4:41 pm What I'll do is download the list of 1.14 add-ons, add all the new ones and find any in my list and update them to say they are on 1.14. Anything that isn't on 1.14 by now is probably abandoned any way. so we'll have a list of every add-on and whether it is on the current add-on server or not.
I declare this up to date regarding 1.14.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =231669847
josteph
Inactive Developer

Post by josteph »

Impressive work :D

Could we back it up on the wiki or something? I wouldn't want the effort to be lost if google sunsets docs.
Konrad2
Forum Moderator

Post by Konrad2 »

To be honest, no idea. I don't know much about documents, Daravel madee this and I just started punching in data afterwards. :D
But I just backed it up by copying it into a Calc document on my pc, so unless my pc dies at the same time as the doc it should be safe.
Ravana
Forum Moderator

Post by Ravana »

It is in wiki too, but wiki is not designed for something like this.
Daravel

Post by Daravel »

Konrad2 wrote: February 4th, 2019, 8:42 pm
Daravel wrote: January 26th, 2019, 4:41 pm What I'll do is download the list of 1.14 add-ons, add all the new ones and find any in my list and update them to say they are on 1.14. Anything that isn't on 1.14 by now is probably abandoned any way. so we'll have a list of every add-on and whether it is on the current add-on server or not.
I declare this up to date regarding 1.14.
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... =231669847
Thanks Konrad - it was on my to-do list, but there is no telling when it would be done.

I'm going to re-do the format a little bit - to move it away from a record of whether it is being ported or not, to just being a record of all add-ons and their maintained status. I'll re-upload on to documents.

I have a backup on my PC in case Googledocs goes bye bye.