Imperial Era Campaign: Alfhelm the Wise

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

turin
Lord of the East

Re: Imperial Era Campaign: Alfhelm the Wise

Post by turin »

ramses66 wrote:I'll just manually level him up then for now.
All right. I'll look into this problem and try to fix it, though - and probably release a new version, since there's enough bugfixes since the last one to merit a new release.
ramses66 wrote:Also, several attack animations seem to be missing, the png files being linked to don't exist in the Imperial Era images folder. One example is the image "units/human-marauders/warrior-attack.png" Alfhelm himself should be using (twice) according to Alfhelm_Warrior.cfg. Looks like he should be using "warrior-sword-1.png" and "warrior-sword-2.png" instead?
Oh, yeah... that's easy enough to fix.

---

[edit]
Actually, could you tell me what happens when the Alfhelm Warrior unit type reaches full XP (he should require 35 to level)? If he doesn't actually level up, I need to know what does happen... does the game crash, or does he just stay a Warrior with >max XP, or does his XP go down to zero, or does he AMLA, or...?
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
ramses66

Post by ramses66 »

Nothing happened when Alfhelm reached 35 xp, no crash or reaction of any kind. When I load the autosave from the beginning of 1_4_For_Honor Alfhelm has 36/35 xp.

Edit: And there is no "Advances to:" in the unit description page for his unit type. That's why I first thought he might get upgraded automatically as the story progressed. Eg to a Jarl in the beginning of scenario X, a Lord in scenario Y etc
Attachments
AtW-For_Honor.gz
36/35xp
(5.91 KiB) Downloaded 291 times
Chefu

Post by Chefu »

Campaign ported over to Wesnoth 1.8 - Please leave your feedback below or over at the Orbivm forums: http://www.exong.net/orbivm/forum/index.php

Thanks,
Chefu
Current maintainer of the Orbivm project (as of February 2011)
Orbivm Forums
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Campaign ported to 1.10, finally.
I can barely believe it, but if you've been hankering for some marauding, you've come to the right place.
(PS. Don't bother going to the Orbivm forums, that stuff will kill you.)
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
But perhaps 'maintainer' is too strong a word.
taptap

Post by taptap »

Thank you so much!
I am a Saurian Skirmisher: I'm a real pest, especially at night.
Jim Goodridge

Post by Jim Goodridge »

I haven't played this before (at least I don't remember it) and am now about five scenarios in. This is a really good game, thanks for porting it.

Best Regards
Jim
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

My pleasure, that someone is enjoying it makes it all worthwhile. Please take the chance to give some feedback when you're done. In my opinion, it gets too easy come the end of part one. I have plans to fix it up one day, but I have plans to do so many things...
Maintainer of the Imperial Era and the campaigns Dreams of Urduk, Epic of Vaniyera, Up from Slavery, Fall of Silvium, Alfhelm the Wise and Gali's Contract.
gooby

Post by gooby »

This campaign (allegedly Intermediate) is kind of too hard.

I've played Intermediate campaigns substantially easier than this.
UnwiseOwl

Post by UnwiseOwl »

Thanks, I'll take this on board. The same is probably ture for all the Imperial Era campaigns (except maybe for Up From Slavery), so please consider yourself warned. I'm constantly revising these, and standardising the difficulties is on my list...but it's a long list.
It's probably worth mentioning that though scenario two can be pretty difficult even if you use the 'right' strategy, the rest of the campaign is a degree of difficulty easier than that.
Thanks, UO.