WWII campain HELP PLEASE

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

DEATH_is_undead

WWII campain HELP PLEASE

Post by DEATH_is_undead »

i need some help with a WWII campain. i need images and units. PLEASE HELP!!!!
3P MP Scenario - Great Dwarves Escape
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
tw

Post by tw »

I suggest you make a mock-up of your campaign using existing unit images. Then if it's good you'll find people more willing to contribute/
My campaign, Town vs Gown, under development:
http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=15822
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

DEATH_is_undead wrote:pictures i need A full auto machine gun, a guy holding one, a knife, a tank, rifle, a helmet, a beer bottle, wine bottle, chair, teddy bear: ripped and together, kid:boy and girl, and soldiers.

Units i need soldiers are German, American, French, British, UK, Japanese, and Australia.

i can get the pictures, but if you post them I'll put it in. the pics can not be together in same picture UNITS I NEED!!!

NOTE: ALL OF MY CAMPAIGNS WILL BE DELAYED UNTIL I FIX MY COM
And this is WWII? What is Australia doing there? And I belive Japonese were at war whit Americans. And where is Russia?
tw

Post by tw »

Indeed. Rethink that a bit. Read up on WWII on Wikipedia or something. Don't make any big howlers, like having USA involved prior to Pearl Harbour, or Russia against Germany in the early stages.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Friendly advice: drop the idea entirely. It won't work.

Disclaimer to all those who think he might manage it and I'm just being a defeatist: no, really. Thinking that he might manage it and I'm just being a defeatist would be foolish.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

zookeeper wrote:Friendly advice: drop the idea entirely. It won't work.

Disclaimer to all those who think he might manage it and I'm just being a defeatist: no, really. Thinking that he might manage it and I'm just being a defeatist would be foolish.
:D

This from the guy who is making a WWI mod. ;)

(BTW, I agree with zookeeper's assessment. WWII had many technological advances that weren't even in WWI that would be impossible to make sense of in Wesnoth gameplay.)
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

turin wrote:
zookeeper wrote:Friendly advice: drop the idea entirely. It won't work.

:D

This from the guy who is making a WWI mod. ;)
I'm not talking about the subject. The keyword in my disclaimer was "he". :|
tw

Post by tw »

Indeed. I have to wonder what gets one's campaign kicked off the server repeatedly.
Theo

Post by Theo »

tw wrote:Indeed. Rethink that a bit. Read up on WWII on Wikipedia or something. Don't make any big howlers, like having USA involved prior to Pearl Harbour, or Russia against Germany in the early stages.
Or better yet, don't use that site instead look up WWII with Encyclopedia Britannica or better yet, books at your local library. Pathfinder is excellent also:

http://www.ipl.org/div/searchresults/?w ... raditional
tw

Post by tw »

Got something against Wikipedia?
DEATH_is_undead

how did i get 10 replies over night? this is gonna be a long reply...

anyway, i got some older eras that i took off 1.0.2. it still works because i remade them."Taki+imperial" has some good units, i can use "spacenoth" and remake some units there, and i can make my own units. i can make it possible.

and part of the reason all my campaaigns are delayed is so i can get some disks so i can get units from my dads com.i want others to be a part of this campaign. it would be fun for others to see there things in a campaign.

i read austrailia was in WWII. and i forgot japan :oops: ...

anything i left out?
The best way to learn is to follow. In order to learn WML, you have to follow other's work, and check their codes.
tw

Post by tw »

Like they'll even remember...

But I think you're going to need to be good at at least one of the following yourself if you're to get this to work:

* Art
* WML
* Scenario/campaign design and balancing
* Writing and plot

If you can create something that either looks good, plays good, plays interestingly (think of the mass of WML that makes Wesbowl work), or has a gripping and well-written story, then I'm sure you'll find people willing to help in the areas you're weak on. But you really need to get working on what you can do. And consider Campgen.
DEATH_is_undead

i use campgen sometimes, i use google for art, and remember what?
tw

Post by tw »

Take care not to infringe copyrights. For story ideas, you are better off reading/watching/playing stuff based on actual historical fact. For example you're probably fine with basing a scenario on The Dam Busters
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

DEATH_is_undead wrote:how did i get 10 replies over night? this is gonna be a long reply...

anyway, i got some older eras that i took off 1.0.2. it still works because i remade them."Taki+imperial" has some good units, i can use "spacenoth" and remake some units there, and i can make my own units. i can make it possible.

and part of the reason all my campaaigns are delayed is so i can get some disks so i can get units from my dads com.i want others to be a part of this campaign. it would be fun for others to see there things in a campaign.

i read austrailia was in WWII. and i forgot japan :oops: ...

anything i left out?
I am sorry what about spacenoth? What exactly you gonna do whit it?
And where did Australia was? I dont remebber them at war....