Removed add-on server content

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

zookeeper
WML Wizard

Removed add-on server content

Post by zookeeper »

Unless we get a fancier system for easily notifying authors of removed content, announcements about content removed from the add-on server(s) will be posted here. If you think something has been wrongly removed, please post here about it.

Possible reasons for deletion include the said add-on being broken or the add-on just being obnoxious or otherwise a waste of everyone's time. While it's of course all right to have incomplete and in-progress content on the server (so people can download it and help with development), one shouldn't upload something that doesn't work at all. This might be debatable, though, but do take into consideration the fact that the user doesn't have anything but the version column to look at while considering whether something might be worth a try. If you wish to discuss the rules of removal (which would be welcome, since we don't have strict and clear rules about it yet), then please start a new thread about it.

Removed add-ons (the list is cleaned up every now and then so at any given time it probably only contains the most recent deletions):

EDIT: I'm de-stickying this for the time being, as the list probably won't get updated upon deletions every time.
Last edited by zookeeper on August 26th, 2007, 4:51 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Mythological
Inactive Developer

Re: Removed add-on server content

Post by Mythological »

zookeeper wrote:"Era of Tactics" (1.3)
Reason: it didn't work at all when playing. This is probably a borderline case, since a game using the era started fine, but you couldn't actually play at all since attacking didn't work.
You shouldn't have removed the Era of Tactics cause it is working - the era is suppsoed to be played only on the special map that comes with the era - EOT delta, not on any map
Theoretically, love is great
but it is a little bit different in practice.

Riblja Čorba - "I'll break your wings, aeroplane"
Never say never
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Mythological wrote:You shouldn't have removed the Era of Tactics cause it is working - the era is suppsoed to be played only on the special map that comes with the era - EOT delta, not on any map
In this case I do apologize for it's removal, it clearly was a rather hasty decision if that's the case.

EDIT: I PM'd Lunar2 about this already.
turin
Lord of the East

Post by turin »

Note that it would be much more useful if you made a new post every time something was added or removed from the list. It draws attention to the change. Otherwise, the list is updated, but no one knows about it.
For I am Turin Turambar - Master of Doom, by doom mastered. On permanent Wesbreak. Will not respond to private messages. Sorry!
And I hate stupid people.
The World of Orbivm
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

Removed "Theifs campain" due to it being inane.
mesanna

Post by mesanna »

zookeeper wrote:
Mythological wrote:You shouldn't have removed the Era of Tactics cause it is working - the era is suppsoed to be played only on the special map that comes with the era - EOT delta, not on any map
In this case I do apologize for it's removal, it clearly was a rather hasty decision if that's the case.

EDIT: I PM'd Lunar2 about this already.
It clearly was a pastime for me, this lilting one foot near next to the other with eyes gluing up the clarity of sunlight back to my brainstem as a polite response to a fervid request: remember this please in detail if possible. A try not haphazard was given, or attempted, if you like.
appleide

Post by appleide »

I have uploaded a scenario called "Territories Two". It has been deleted. I suspect this is because the scenario (for some reason) works only on the multiplayer server and not in hotseat mode. Is this correct or is there another reason?
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

appleide wrote:I have uploaded a scenario called "Territories Two". It has been deleted. I suspect this is because the scenario (for some reason) works only on the multiplayer server and not in hotseat mode. Is this correct or is there another reason?
I don't remember asking for that to be deleted...how long ago was it uploaded, when did you notice it was missing and on what add-on server was it?
appleide

Post by appleide »

zookeeper wrote:
appleide wrote:I have uploaded a scenario called "Territories Two". It has been deleted. I suspect this is because the scenario (for some reason) works only on the multiplayer server and not in hotseat mode. Is this correct or is there another reason?
I don't remember asking for that to be deleted...how long ago was it uploaded, when did you notice it was missing and on what add-on server was it?
It was uploaded 1-2 months ago to the development server. It was on there for at least several weeks. I only noticed it disappeared last night.
zookeeper
WML Wizard

Post by zookeeper »

appleide wrote:
zookeeper wrote: I don't remember asking for that to be deleted...how long ago was it uploaded, when did you notice it was missing and on what add-on server was it?
It was uploaded 1-2 months ago to the development server. It was on there for at least several weeks. I only noticed it disappeared last night.
The add-on server crashed a few weeks ago, wiping everything on it, so that's probably it.