New Yeti Campaign - An Abominable Journey

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

BlackOpsElf

New Yeti Campaign - An Abominable Journey

Post by BlackOpsElf »

For a while, I've been working on a light-hearted, extremely short campaign featuring a race which I feel has been wrongfully neglected by campaign developers: the noble and majestic Yeti.

Yes, I'm being serious. Stop laughing.

Grunthor is a kind, gentle Yeti, who wants nothing more than to quietly live out his life on his peaceful mountain with his best (and only) friend, Charlie the Cuttlefish. But one day, after a long mid-Summer nap, Grunthor wakes up to find that Charlie is missing. Where could he have gone? Cuttlefish, as we all know, are aquatic creatures; it's not like he could have just left his pond and walked off...

Grunthor: "Grunthor knows what to do! Grunthor will go look for Charlie! He's got to be around here somewhere."

Grunthor searches the mountain, but there's no sign of Charlie anywhere. Then, he hears some noises coming from the valley. He decides to go investigate.

Grunthor: "Oh, look, some little human Peasants! Maybe they'll know where Charlie is! Grunthor go ask them! Grunthor give them traditional Yeti greeting: 'Grarrrgh!!!'"

---

Think Homeward Bound: The Incredible Journey. Except instead of a cat and a couple of dogs, there's a giant Yeti... and a lot more death and destruction. Join Grunthor as he searches for his lost friend.

The campaign has two scenarios, and will be done and uploaded over the weekend. It really only requires me to code the dialog into the program now, and the fact that your sole unit is a giant, rampaging Yeti, event scripting is insanely easy to code.
Creator and Maintainer of "Where Angels Fear To Tread"
Glowing Fish

Post by Glowing Fish »

What it needs is a love interest.

Or is Charlie the Cuttlefish the love interest?
RCG Tiburon

Post by RCG Tiburon »

haha, i might give this a try. are you sure you only want two scenarios?
Kestenvarn
Inactive Developer

Post by Kestenvarn »

*cheer*
joshudson

Post by joshudson »

I'd try it too.
CHKDSK has repaired bad sectors in CHKDSK.EXE
bignall

Post by bignall »

I was looking for this on the campaign server, but can't find it. Did you get it uploaded? Sounds fun, I'm looking forward to trying it.