Phoenix Kingdom

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

Inigo Montoya

Post by Inigo Montoya »

On hearing that I beat both enemy leaders in Scenario 1, Sabata wrote: :shock: How... wha... thats imposible!!! In what dificulty you play, i managed to kill the northern enemy, but then i had no more units to figth. i am playing on normal.
dbest wrote:Well, i played the first scenario and got hammered... I lost it.... U are good...
but coming back to the game.... i thot the enemy is too difficult to kill, and it kinda put me off. It was due to high HPs, and I played it on Easy...
As promised, the replay of me handing the Dark Kingdom its ass.
Normal difficulty this time, I finished on turn 18 - I could have done it a few turns quicker, or just run away, but I wanted the experience gain from fighting more enemies.

I gambled a lot at the end, trying to level multiple units up quickly when they were badly hurt, but it didn't pay off and I lost several units that I really shouldn't have for no real gain. But even with my appalling tactics in the last few turns, I still had a large army left after wiping out both enemies.
Attachments
War_Replay.zip
Normal difficulty.
(11.42 KiB) Downloaded 146 times
I don't exist when you don't see me...
I don't exist when you're not here.

You bought a mask - I put it on.
You never thought to ask me if I wear it when you're gone.
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Uff... long time... I am back :D
Just instaled the latest version and ready to continue. I was working on some units art and already fixed the first 3 scenarios (i hope). Now i wold like some help whit balancing units... anyone?
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

New version on server!
Ya I know first release had too many errors... but this one is much more better. Fixed that dialogs and story... added some new units, 4 th scenario and now Krisom have a lv2 :)
Waiting for coments.
lu_zero

Post by lu_zero »

Nits:
- the units take forever to level up
- not knowing that I must escape I end up defeating one leader, but I got more than often destroyed by the wizards.
- said wizards are more than often healty so I cannot kill one even using 2 defenders, 2 wizards are more than often enough to kill one of my unit, lv2 leader included
- the leader should have at least AMLA...

Please either add a magic unit or make the arcer less wortless...
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

I agree that levelling is slow; honestly, though, there's *no* problem winning all scenarios without losing a single unit. Just ended the caravan delivery on turn 11/80, so I've a bankroll of >1000 gold for the next scenario; thus far, levelled four archers and a defender, with a bunch of other units having significant experience.

Annoyances are minor, but:

* slow speed of the hero (albeit able to move fast through forest)
* lack of healing units :) which is probably a balance issue, so not an actual complaint.

Otherwise, looking very nice thus far (and the custom units are great!)
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Ewan wrote:I agree that levelling is slow; honestly, though, there's *no* problem winning all scenarios without losing a single unit. Just ended the caravan delivery on turn 11/80, so I've a bankroll of >1000 gold for the next scenario; thus far, levelled four archers and a defender, with a bunch of other units having significant experience.

Annoyances are minor, but:

* slow speed of the hero (albeit able to move fast through forest)
* lack of healing units :) which is probably a balance issue, so not an actual complaint.

Otherwise, looking very nice thus far (and the custom units are great!)
Oh finaly somebody who finished 3rd scenario... Did the game finishid whit caravan delivery? You was suposed to kill enemy leaders.
I am gonna change that amount of turns.

And are you plaing on easy?
Well hero is slow I know but hes fast on forest. :wink:
And healing units will be implemented on next scenarios
Ewan

Post by Ewan »

The game didn't end on caravan delivery - but that's because after 'delivering' the caravan to several places and having nothing happen, I gave up and killed the enemies. Checking the code, it looks as though there are only 4 hexes which trigger the 'delivery' event? That's annoying :-).

I've played through on easy, and also tested bits on medium/hard; balance seems OK thus far (assuming that the scenario 3 turn number is either coming down or there's a reason for a huge gold pile in scenario 4).

What's the rationale for slow-but-fast-in-forest? Feels very odd; would be nice to have a backstory.

Kudos again, though.
Sabata

Post by Sabata »

Ewan wrote:The game didn't end on caravan delivery - but that's because after 'delivering' the caravan to several places and having nothing happen, I gave up and killed the enemies. Checking the code, it looks as though there are only 4 hexes which trigger the 'delivery' event? That's annoying :-).

I've played through on easy, and also tested bits on medium/hard; balance seems OK thus far (assuming that the scenario 3 turn number is either coming down or there's a reason for a huge gold pile in scenario 4).

What's the rationale for slow-but-fast-in-forest? Feels very odd; would be nice to have a backstory.

Kudos again, though.
Oh I understand... your version must be for 1.2x rigth? Its just that on 1.3.x scenario 3 had huge modifications :wink: It wont be soo easy this time :twisted:

And yhea hero needs a story... he is half human half elf thats why he prefers forest but that may be changed...
simira

Post by simira »

I really like this campaign so far - but - When I finished "Sebastiana" (the caravan delivery), I get an error message "Unknown scenario: Mountain pass". :(
Running 1.2.8 on Windows XP SP2.
Lord Of Weapons And Magic

WHen?

Post by Lord Of Weapons And Magic »

hi im sabata i liked a lot your campaing but why you havent updated it since i was looking to see how great your campaing will be and if isnt too much problem i want to ask you if i can borrow the L3 Units of your game (the Phoenix Guards) since im working on my own campaing and well i liked that units, and what happened to that Golden Phoenix Guard img?, well i hope that you update this campaing and a couple of suggestion:

1) Reduce your units HP but in exchange add more heavy resistances to your team.

2) Increase the Meele to be for example something like 9-3 and the ranged to 8-3 so that would be a lot of easier.

And for last a couple of problems:

1) The 4th Scenario doesnt charge.

2) There is an a random chance that one of the Walking Corpses will be under the control of the Great Marshal.

3) Please put the Flaming Knigth Advancement (i tried to do it in my version of your game but nothing results).

well i liked your campaing a lot :lol:
Sabata

Re: WHen?

Post by Sabata »

now WoWzers! Thats quite old stuff. :lol:
I kinda abandoned this campaing, too much stuff to work on and I am no good at matching units strength... uhhh and yea sure, feel free to use those units.
We fall to rise again.
greenman

Re: Phoenix Kingdom

Post by greenman »

Hi Sabata

Thanks for your work so far! I'm interested in taking over the campaign (at least to make some minor fixes) since you've abandoned it. Can you sent me your .pbl file/password so that I can upload the newer version.

thanks!