Mage Campaign: Attack of the Undead

Discussion and development of scenarios and campaigns for the game.

Moderator: Forum Moderators

wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

I just put up version 1.2.7.
What's this annoying thing that appears at the bottom of every one of my posts?
wsultzbach

Re: Mage Campaign: Attack of the Undead

Post by wsultzbach »

Version 1.2.8 is out. I've added more translations, changed the final boss to a Necromancer, and made use of some of the new music in 1.4.
torangan
Retired Developer

Post by torangan »

As 1.4 is out know I'd like all campaign on WesCamp-i18n to move over to the new scheme as described here: http://www.wesnoth.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=18675

This campaign is one of those which should move, I'll merge the old translations of course.
WesCamp-i18n - Translations for User Campaigns:
http://www.wesnoth.org/wiki/WesCamp

Translators for all languages required: contact me. No geek skills required!
wsultzbach

Post by wsultzbach »

I'd just like to say that I'm still around and working on this campaign. I will be porting it to 1.5.x eventually. I would like to thank everyone who's translated the campaign into various languages, and I try the recognize all the translators in the credits.
Mobus

Post by Mobus »

Just beat this game: Great story, fun battles, but the dialogue barely rivals that of the post 1999 Star Wars.

Though, don't worry too much about it. Its better to have a good story and fun gameplay with bad dialogue than a game with super dialogue that has [censored] gameplay and is boring to no end.

Overall this campaign I give a 7. It was a fun, short campaign that I played through at 1 in the morning. Its great to have a nice quicky after playing long deep ones like Heir to the Throne and Hammer of Thursagan.

If you ever make any moar campaigns in the future, I'd definitely want to play them.
A Guy

Post by A Guy »

You know, some of us do not appreciate swearing too much.
I'm just... a guy...
I'm back for now, I might get started on some work again.
Orcish Shyde

Post by Orcish Shyde »

I played through on Hard a while ago, and I recall the dialogue & story being uninspiring, to say the least. The lack of explanation for the villain changing his name was what really bugged me; I don't mind a cliche story given it's a Wesnoth campaign.

What really bugged me though was that you have no troops other than Mages that actually help against the undead. Ben himself has his uses, but the Spearmen & Bowmen he lets you recruit are worthless. I'd change him into a Bandit who lets you recruit Footpads for speed and impact damage - the thug line mauls undead, but if you only have one, it shouldn't adversely affect the whole campaign. If you feel it wouldn't make sense for a lawful mage to casually join forces with an outlaw, use the custom outlaw unit clones from Liberty - although why Ben the "Village Elder" and the "Peasant Youths" who deign to help you have better training than your peasants may be an issue, it's easily explained away by "this is the border of Wesnoth and there are only so many real soldiers. If that weren't the case poor Ryan would have Heavy Infantry." Not that I think it's too hard, but just recruiting Mages and hoping they don't die is tactically boring.
Shameless Crossover Excuse
Necromancer (campaign)

You are a Dwarvish Berserker: you're freaking crazy and enjoy it.
MoonyDragon

Post by MoonyDragon »

Thread Necromancy - The Undead are attacking once again!

This campaign is short (4 scenarios) and cliché in its story, but the gameplay was pretty fun. And so, I've decided to update it to the latest add-on servers.

Although you play the typical loyalist mage versus undead necromancer matchup, this campaign manages to bring a novel tactical challenge to it: What if your only recruits are mages and peasants?

As a neat bonus, the campaign's brevity and past popularity left us with a ton of translations.
Default L0 Era - Level 1 leaders with level 0 recruits!